Workman?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Workman?

Why was he sent down? ... How many more days before he can come back?... Was there not another of the pitchers in 15 innings game that could have gone down?... Why not Beato or De la Torre,... gosh, Tazawa gives me the creeps, cant pitch every day... Workman has proven his value

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Workman?

In response to Javi60's comment:

Why was he sent down? ... How many more days before he can come back?... Was there not another of the pitchers in 15 innings game that could have gone down?... Why not Beato or De la Torre,... gosh, Tazawa gives me the creeps, cant pitch every day... Workman has proven his value

Beato, and De La Torre have been sent down. De La Torre was sent down the same day as Workman.  Workman can't pitch until Sunday, which is today now and can come back next Sunday. So they are only going to miss a week of Workman.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

My guess is they're trying to maximise the roster with the aquisition of Peavy and the workload of late by the bullpen (extra inning games and a couple of less than starts by Dempster & Lester) What remains to be seen what is the plan with him moving forward? Do they recall Workman and have him work out of the pen or keep him stretched out and pitch every five days in AAA To serve as organizational depth.  Then call him up in September when rosters expand...the kid did an outstanding job in all three of his starts and deserves to be given a long look next spring...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

He was sent down so they could bring up Wright.

Wright pitched 3 scoreless innings for us and won the game.

Anything else?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Workman wouldnt have been avail able until this weekend and the Sox needed a fresh arm that could go multiple IP if needed. Wright gave them 3 solid IP the other day.

Daniel Nava will miss Houston series for paternity leave. Gives Red Sox exemption from 10-day option if they want to recall Brandon Workman back up.

Also Steven Wright will start Tuesday in Houston to give the rotation an extra days rest.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Workman wouldnt have been avail able until this weekend and the Sox needed a fresh arm that could go multiple IP if needed. Wright gave them 3 solid IP the other day.

Daniel Nava will miss Houston series for paternity leave. Gives Red Sox exemption from 10-day option if they want to recall Brandon Workman back up.

Also Steven Wright will start Tuesday in Houston to give the rotation an extra days rest.

I could be wrong southpaw but I really think our team needs another "long relief" guy like Aceves use to be.  It would certainly help guys like Jon and Demp when they get hit hard early.  Whether that be Workman, Wright or some other I really don't know but it would be nice to see before the PS. 

We have lost 3 to 5 games this season that may never have happened if Farrell had better choices.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

I could be wrong southpaw but I really think our team needs another "long relief" guy like Aceves use to be.  It would certainly help guys like Jon and Demp when they get hit hard early.  Whether that be Workman, Wright or some other I really don't know but it would be nice to see before the PS. 

We have lost 3 to 5 games this season that may never have happened if Farrell had better choices.

I believe DeLaTorre can go 3IP and they will use Wright to give the starters some rest in a spot start and also in the long relief duties. Britton can go 2-3IP for them since hes started all year, Workman and RDLR too. I think they are covered pretty good in that area going forward.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I believe DeLaTorre can go 3IP and they will use Wright to give the starters some rest in a spot start and also in the long relief duties. Britton can go 2-3IP for them since hes started all year, Workman and RDLR too. I think they are covered pretty good in that area going forward.

I like Workman and Britton's control much better, the last thing a team needs from a long relief guy is a poor SO to BB ratio.  Wright and De La Torre struggle with control.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I like Workman and Britton's control much better, the last thing a team needs from a long relief guy is a poor SO to BB ratio.  Wright and De La Torre struggle with control.

Wright just made an adjustment about a month ago where he takes a shorter stride towards home plate in his delivery. it has helped him incredibly with his control. I believe hes had a complete game or 2 since then in Paw., and has been great in his last 2 outings for the Sox. So although I would have agreed with you a couple months ago, Id have to disagree with you now.

Last 2 starts for Sox...

8.2 IP 5H 0R 3BB 5K

Wright has made some adjustments and has really started to command that KBall pretty good. Well, as good as you can command that pitch anyway. Id very much trust him to be our long man.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Wright just made an adjustment about a month ago where he takes a shorter stride towards home plate in his delivery. it has helped him incredibly with his control. I believe hes had a complete game or 2 since then in Paw., and has been great in his last 2 outings for the Sox. So although I would have agreed with you a couple months ago, Id have to disagree with you now.

Last 2 starts for Sox...

8.2 IP 5H 0R 3BB 5K

Wright has made some adjustments and has really started to command that KBall pretty good. Well, as good as you can command that pitch anyway. Id very much trust him to be our long man.

Didn't catch that thanks, we look pretty good long term but really hope we fit Worman in somewhere.  He's a big tough kid and I like his make up much better than what we saw of Webster early on.  Webster reminds me of another Haren/Phil Hughes type who may have some success but not long term.

Sections
Shortcuts