In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just a little recap, to cheer up those Sox fans who seem to be down these days.

(Note: Yes, I fully realize that many downer fans will not be impacted in the least by this and will tell me to put down the Kool-Aid, the pompoms, the pink hat and the rose-colored glasses LOL)

Boston Red Sox 3

St Louis Cardinals 2

San Francisco Giants 2

Chicago White Sox 1

Philadelphia Phillies 1

New York Yankees 1

Every other team (24 teams) 0, zilch, nada

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's it now 27 to 4?

Let us know when it get's close.

[/QUOTE]

It's actually 27-7. Please let us know when you remove your arrogant, boring self from this board.

[/QUOTE]

Let's count the very first World Series when the team name was "Americans".

The organization has 8 World Championships.

but 2004 counts as 21 so really the Sox have 28 championships.  1 more than the yankees.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: World Series championships for last 10 years

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

(Note: Yes, I fully realize that many downer fans will not be impacted in the least by this and will tell me to put down the Kool-Aid, the pompoms, the pink hat and the rose-colored glasses LOL)

Boston Red Sox 3

St Louis Cardinals 2

San Francisco Giants 2

Chicago White Sox 1

Philadelphia Phillies 1

New York Yankees 1

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's it now 27 to 4?

[/QUOTE]

Dude, the Yankees are soooooooooooooooooooo 20th Century.  Get with latest millennium!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

Boston Red Sox 3

St Louis Cardinals 2

San Francisco Giants 2

Chicago White Sox 1

Philadelphia Phillies 1

New York Yankees 1

[/QUOTE]

What's ashame is the number of fans -- some of whom are on this board -- who probably never enjoyed any of the three championship seasons because they were more concerned with finding reasons to be miserable.

Last year was telling. It was just about a wire-to-wire season of being in first place, no losing streaks of more than three games, great comeback wins, etc., yet we all saw the fans who couldn't enjoy it and would rather find things to whine about every day or players to rip.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Boston Red Sox 3

St Louis Cardinals 2

San Francisco Giants 2

Chicago White Sox 1

Philadelphia Phillies 1

New York Yankees 1

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's it now 27 to 4?

[/QUOTE]

It's actually 27-7. Please let us know when you remove your arrogant, boring self from this board.

[/QUOTE]

Won't be today.

But thanks for correct numbers.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

do we really need to start that one up again???...are we bringing back 1918 too?

[/QUOTE]

Hello jete02fan   Laughing

It's sad that both the Red Sox and Yankees have not faced each other in the postseason since 2004.

I hope both teams face each other this year.   Cool

[/QUOTE] i'm with you there IC, unfortunately we haven't been able to even get close in the last 4-5 seasons as our teams' fortunes have swung in one direction or the other..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Boston Red Sox 3

St Louis Cardinals 2

San Francisco Giants 2

Chicago White Sox 1

Philadelphia Phillies 1

New York Yankees 1

[/QUOTE]

What's it now 27 to 4?

[/QUOTE]

Dude, the Yankees are soooooooooooooooooooo 20th Century.  Get with latest millennium!

[/QUOTE]

Well I know Jeter has 5 rings in 19 years so let's keep things in perspective.

Not to mention the two series that he played and NY lost. So 7 world series for the Yankees in the past 19 years.

Sox fans should be extremely happy with the recent success of their team but let's not get carried away.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]

do we really need to start that one up again???...are we bringing back 1918 too?

[/QUOTE]

It never gets old, does it Jete? Wink

I remember around 2007-08 there was a huge debate about whether 2000 did or did not count as part of this decade...because it sounded really cool to be able to say that the Yankees had not won in this decade/century/millennium/etc. I guess that's out now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

It's sad that both the Red Sox and Yankees have not faced each other in the postseason since 2004.

The only way that will happen is if both teams decide to set up a charity golf challenge in early October.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The only way that will happen is if both teams decide to have a charity golf tournament in October.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe it will turn out as well as the charity hockey game, between the NY fire and police  department

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The only way that will happen is if both teams decide to have a charity golf tournament in October.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe it will turn out as well as the charity hockey game, between the NY fire and police  department

[/QUOTE]

Damn, I miss that TV series RESCUE ME.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's possible that two teams come from the ALE. I wouldn't bet against Boston and NY returning this season.

But health has a lot to do with it. Tampa will be tough too but imo it's difficult to predict this early because of how large of a factor that injuries become.

And every team has them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's possible that two teams come from the ALE. I wouldn't bet against Boston and NY returning this season.

But health has a lot to do with it. Tampa will be tough too but imo it's difficult to predict this early because of how large of a factor that injuries become.

And every team has them.

[/QUOTE]

I'd be surprsied if it was more than one

Speaking of which: http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24518090/yankees-to-place-david-robertson-on-dl-with-groin-injury

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I don't care if NY has 1,000 rings.  I have enjoyed the last 10 years and the 3 rings.  It's 3 more than my dad saw and he was a diehard fan for 60 years.

Chances are the sox will never catch up to the yanks in the ring count but who cares! The sox have 3 in the past ten years.  I'm happy for that!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And every team has them.

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which: http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24518090/yankees-to-place-david-robertson-on-dl-with-groin-injury

[/QUOTE]

I'm confident in Girardi's ability to handle the bullpen, they'll bring one of the youngsters up probably Shane Green and everyone else needs to step up for 2 weeks. Kelley closed today.

Either that or just complete games from the rotation.

Or they could talk Mo out of retirement. :-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And every team has them.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm confident in Girardi's ability to handle the bullpen, they'll bring one of the youngsters up probably Shane Green and everyone else needs to step up for 2 weeks. Kelley closed today.

Either that or just complete games from the rotation.

Or they could talk Mo out of retirement. :-)

[/QUOTE]

IF he's out, for just two weeks

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Boston Red Sox 3

St Louis Cardinals 2

San Francisco Giants 2

Chicago White Sox 1

Philadelphia Phillies 1

New York Yankees 1

[/QUOTE]

Some team's fans are always saying, " Wait til next year."  Let's not  become, " Look at last year."  This is right now. Don't rest on your laurels. Go hard for the repeat. We have not been doing that.

[/QUOTE]

YES YES YES...AND I INSIST IT WAS FORSEABLE IN MANY AWAYS...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't care if NY has 1,000 rings.  I have enjoyed the last 10 years and the 3 rings.  It's 3 more than my dad saw and he was a diehard fan for 60 years.

Chances are the sox will never catch up to the yanks in the ring count but who cares! The sox have 3 in the past ten years.  I'm happy for that!

[/QUOTE]
    As a pre-teen and teen ager, if the Sox lost I'd not be able to sleep and was miserable for days. Now, of course, with family, retirement. illnesses, expenses, the Boston teams winning and losing is not as life and death as it was. My father never had the chance to see the Sox win a World Series as I did in 2004, 2007 & 2013. But he, as I, suffered in 1946, 4-3 loss to Cards, 1967, 4-3 loss again to Cards, 1975, 4-3 loss to Reds & 1986 with the Billy Buckner bobble, 4-3 loss to the Mets. Then there were the playoffs to the hated Yankees in 1978 with Bucky Dents' homer and then in 2003, Araon Boone's walkoff from Wakefield.

Of course, no joy can surpass the 0-3 comeback in 2004 and against the hated Yankees. But I remember too other great moments like Dave Henderson's HR vs Angels in 1986 that helped Sox get into the World Series.  But maybe the most favorable memorable game was # 6 in 1975 when Bernie Carbo hit a pinch hit 3 run homer to tie and Carlton Fisk's dramatic walk off in the 12 inning vs Red

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Last year was for the fans, this year is for the owners.

ouch ;-)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup.  I'm a Raiders fan, and all their success seems like a lifetime ago.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And every team has them.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Girardi: "Hello Mo, it's Girardi, we need you to un-retire and close for us."

Mo: "I told you a millions times,............I AM OFFICIALLY RETIRED!!!"

Wink

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

So no Tex and no D-Rob for the Yankees series?

Hey, who says the Red Sox can't have the breaks go their way 2 years in a row? Cool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't care if NY has 1,000 rings.  

[/QUOTE] and where pray tell are you going to wear numbers 21-1,000 Tongue OutWink

25. This post has been removed.