World Series Game 3 Thread: Red Sox at Cardinals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: World Series Game 3 Thread: Red Sox at Cardinals

In response to scubber's comment:

Bad luck all around.  All Farrell moves have gone the other way pretty much.  Could have let Dubront stayed and pitched some more, he was cruising.  The Middlebrook couldn't do anything with his bat hitting for Drew, Bogaerts messed up the throw that Drew might have made, then Middlebrook did not make the play that Bogaerts might have made.

McCarver called that before it happened. Farrell is an amateur compared to other managers and this team and this offense has scored 4 runs in the last 17 innings. Our hitting has been atrocious the last two games and this stupid National League nonsense with the pitcher who is an automatic out hitting is rediculous.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

In response to BoSoxfan56's comment:

In response to AL34's comment:

In response to KMONT550's comment:

get middlebrooks out of the f'in game.  The guy can't hit, he swings at the first pitch and pops up.  He can't field his position - Xander is better at 3rd.  I understand Drew isn't hitting but he IS fielding his position

Who are you going to put at 3rd base with Drew out of game ?

You're not...unless Farrell starts the Napoli at third experiment tonight.

Napoli can catch if needed. Ortiz at first. It's the World Series. Got to get your best guys out on the field IMO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Taz going to be burned out for tomorrow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

Everybody calling for Middlebrooks to play can take a rest.  

I agree Drew is pathetic, but Middlebrooks is not great. I was hoping they would get Michael Young from The Phillies at the trade deadline and send Middlebrooks to the minors longer.

Taking doubie out was a disaster. Hes a starter. He was doing fine. Let him ride it out. Then again, its hard when you are facing 98+ in the 8th and 9th. Goodbye game 3 and most likely the series. You can stay afloat against the PEDs for a bit, but in the end, they are just that much better. Why else would they do them?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomtom1. Show tomtom1's posts

This game so far has come down to two shots hit to third.  Pedey's was caught, limiting us to one run that inning and Holliday's being a two run double.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

I agree Drew is pathetic, but Middlebrooks is not great. I was hoping they would get Michael Young from The Phillies at the trade deadline and send Middlebrooks to the minors longer.

Taking doubie out was a disaster. Hes a starter. He was doing fine. Let him ride it out. Then again, its hard when you are facing 98+ in the 8th and 9th. Goodbye game 3 and most likely the series. You can stay afloat against the PEDs for a bit, but in the end, they are just that much better. Why else would they do them?

oh and ol boy hitting 97 at 85 pitchs in the 6th? yeah right my you know what. You cant beat that. You really can't.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

I started a thread yesterday "Lessons from game 2" where I mentioned the strategy for 6th inning on in a tight ball game is good defense.

All the PH on top of 7th was just the opposite, weakening the defense big time.  Should have waited for at least the 8th or 9th inning for all the PH.

6 more outs, and 3 runs to score.  Still possible, although highly improbable agasint these fire breathing Cards pitchers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

What is Beltran on HGH the way he is running and sliding supposedly with bruised ribs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from irish-sox-fan. Show irish-sox-fan's posts

Have to agree Farrell looks way over his head. He takes out Doubrount who's pitching great for a punch hitter and the Cardinals pitcher throws 6 pitches to get out of the next inning. Then brings in a train wreck with the game in the line who hits a batter and the 3rd basement watches a ball go under his glove. Atrocious managing. And the decision to bring in Breslow was something any clown knew was gonna cost us the game.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxfan56. Show BoSoxfan56's posts

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:

Pedroia hits a rocket down third base line and its caught. A cheap ground ball and it scores two.

From the replay, it looked like WMB was slow to react to that ground ball.  Maybe the bench is where he belongs.  Drew's may suck at the plate, but he needs to play in the field...period.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Time for some Red Sox magic!  We've been coming from behind all year long.  I feel a rally coming!!!!   Get those rally caps on boys, 'cause this ain't over!

& the bats finally wake up!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

What is Beltran on HGH the way he is running and sliding supposedly with bruised ribs.

He's using Ray Lewis deer antler spray

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Lethal como

bresLow

tazWoWa

another game down the sewer

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Would you be suprised? zero effect after something that required him to go to the hospital?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to BoSoxfan56's comment:

We all knew Drew was in the line up for his glove, not his bat....Farrell is managing azz backwards....you don't take your better infielder out in the late innings. 

Yeah, I don't really get all the pinch hitters with nobody on.  I don't know if Drew would make that play, but I think bogoerts makes the play at third.  We need to come back again now.  Also, I don't know why Ellsbury and Victorino haven't been running more.  I know Molina is good, but at least test him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Dempster warming. Even Farrell knows the jig is up. The Roid pen is on the scene and on fire! Yeah baby!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PrairieBayou. Show PrairieBayou's posts

In response to lscheue's comment:

Does Farrell have a bench coach who can give him some advice? I'd like that job because I'm

managing the game better than Farrell.

Two teams closely matched....you have some kind of inside line the rest of us don't?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Another squeeze. By the ump on je

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to irish-sox-fan's comment:

Have to agree Farrell looks way over his head. He takes out Doubrount who's pitching great for a punch hitter and the Cardinals pitcher throws 6 pitches to get out of the next inning. Then brings in a train wreck with the game in the line who hits a batter and the 3rd basement watches a ball go under his glove. Atrocious managing. And the decision to bring in Breslow was something any clown knew was gonna cost us the game.  

It's Farrell's fault that a guy got a check swing hit and a batter leaned into the ball?!?!  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

Would you be suprised? zero effect after something that required him to go to the hospital?

No, amazing right ? Do they test for PEDs from the teams in the playoffs or do they look the other way ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMONT550. Show KMONT550's posts

In response to KMONT550's comment:

get middlebrooks out of the f'in game.  The guy can't hit, he swings at the first pitch and pops up.  He can't field his position - Xander is better at 3rd.  I understand Drew isn't hitting but he IS fielding his position

Who are you going to put at 3rd base with Drew out of game ?

Keep Drew in

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Alright, lead off man on.  Let's go now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

RS need to do or die

Sections
Shortcuts