World Series Game 3 Thread: Red Sox at Cardinals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: World Series Game 3 Thread: Red Sox at Cardinals

In response to joel49's comment:

In response to Eddymon's comment:

In thinking about this the past hour or so, the loss of Napoli in the lineup does hurt, but we also gain the #8 regular season (far better than Naps average) hitter in Nava.    Gain a so far better postseason hitter at catcher who is also better defensively.   Not only that I think Ross is more likely to speak up to tell Peavy what he is doing wrong and have some force behind it.

Gut feeling tells me that Drew has a good night (2 hits) and Boston has a big early offensive outbreak and wins the game 7-3 (perhaps closer to 10 runs) but score at least 7.

Ross should most definitely be in there tonight.  He takes command of the game and is quite simply the better defensive catcher.  He has also been taking much better swings than Salty in his limited appearances.

According to Pete Abe's twitter feed..it's Salty at catcher tonight. Bogearts at 3rd, Nava LF and Drew at SS.

Glad to see Nava in the game...not so glad to see Napoli's bat out of the lineup but also not surprised.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pete Abraham  

Ellsbury CF, Victorino RF, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz 1B, Nava LF, Bogaerts 3B, Saltalamacchia C, Drew SS, Peavy P.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Michael Silverman/BostonHerald      

Buchholz just told MLB network he will pitch tomorrow even though he's not 100 percent. Not throwing freely

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Scott Lauber/BostonHerald      

Farrell:briefly discussed using Lester on short rest in Games 4 and 7, decided better to stay on regular rest

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Scott Lauber/BostonHerald      

Also, Farrell said unconcerned about Buchholz possibly being leery of letting it loose in Game 4

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I would have liked Ross tonight over Salty, but I think he plays the next two games. First to help out Buch, he'll need it, and then to obviously catch Lester. I never liked Salty, however I am willing to give him amother shot. However, if he is 0-4 tonight with more than 2Ks I never want to see him in the line up again this series. How does a guy, a catcher nonetheless, come into the big leagues, stay here and still can't hit a mid to high zone fastball! I digress, glad to see Nava in and if Peavy can hold them down, I think the Sox can put up runs early.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

Ross NEEDS catch Bucholtz.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 8m

Buchholz says he's not 100 percent but expects being in his first Series game to help him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

2. Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe6m

"Being on this level, on this stage, it's tough to take yourself out of the game," Buchholz said.

ExpandPete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe8
      3. "Giving the team a chance to win, that's my goal," Buchholz says. #redsox

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 5m

Buchholz said there is not a whole lot of discomfort. Ball just not coming out of his hand like would want.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Jayson Stark - ESPN, Senior Baseball Writer

John Farrell on still playing Stephen Drew: "The defense he provides is a premium for us. I guess that's the best way I can sum it up."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Look for Brandon Workman to give us 3 or 4 big innings tonight !!!!  He is the real deal !!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Look for Brandon Workman to give us 3 or 4 big innings tonight !!!!  He is the real deal !!

why? peavy is going to kickazz tonight....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

why? peavy is going to kickazz tonight....

Hope you are right....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PrairieBayou. Show PrairieBayou's posts

There are four variables tonight.....Drew's offense vs. Kozma's defense and Peavy pitching against an OBP team vs. Joe Kelly vs. a monster lineup.  In other words, too many variables to call this game.  Good Luck cowboys....it'll be a fun one to watch.  And by the way, now that we are in St. Louis, even our media has recognized your fans as being classy.  We are so not used to that.  Kudos.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to PrairieBayou's comment:

There are four variables tonight.....Drew's offense vs. Kozma's defense and Peavy pitching against an OBP team vs. Joe Kelly vs. a monster lineup.  In other words, too many variables to call this game.  Good Luck cowboys....it'll be a fun one to watch.  And by the way, now that we are in St. Louis, even our media has recognized your fans as being classy.  We are so not used to that.  Kudos.

wait.. they do know these are Red Sox fans we're talking about right??....Tongue OutWink

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PrairieBayou. Show PrairieBayou's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

wait.. they do know these are Red Sox fans we're talking about right??....Tongue OutWink

Honest to God my friend....(the previous poster didn't like the term cowboy, so I will refrain)...when Papi hit the HR in game 2 and the Red Sox fans cheered where the reporter was (Mike Shannon's place), they told them it was there time....cheer.  The Red Sox fans actually apologized for cheering!!!!!!  The Cardinal fans were like don't apologize, we guarantee you if the Cardinals take the lead, we'll be cheering.  Of course, they did.  This is an awesome series with two sets of respectful, knowledgeable fans.  It's scary is what it is!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Sean McAdam   

Farrell on Napoli taking grounders at 3B: "Not tonight, but it's an option."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:

Napoli practicing taking grounders at thirdbase right now on MLBN. I know. I means little.

i wonder if napoli can play LF? last year we put gonzo in RF and ortiz at 1B...napoli's bat will be missed bigtime.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PrairieBayou. Show PrairieBayou's posts

i wonder if napoli can play LF? last year we put gonzo in RF and ortiz at 1B...napoli's bat will be missed bigtime.

[/QUOTE

And this is no disrespect to your thought process but LF in Busch is not LF in Fenway Park.  Regular Leftfielders complain about Busch, what about a guy who has never played it before?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[/QUOTE

And this is no disrespect to your thought process but LF in Busch is not LF in Fenway Park.  Regular Leftfielders complain about Busch, what about a guy who has never played it before?

how's RF? i'm just thinking...just seeing how to get napoli in the game...put victorino in LF? i'm just asking because i don't know busch that good...LF harder than RF?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PrairieBayou. Show PrairieBayou's posts

how's RF? i'm just thinking...just seeing how to get napoli in the game...put victorino in LF? i'm just asking because i don't know busch that good...LF harder than RF?

[/QUOTE]

All of Busch's outfield is spacious, but I'd like his chances in RF versus LF.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

All of Busch's outfield is spacious, but I'd like his chances in RF versus LF.

so it's not so good...napoli at 3B could be suicide....you never know.

Sections
Shortcuts