World Series Game 3 Thread: Red Sox at Cardinals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxfan56. Show BoSoxfan56's posts

Re: World Series Game 3 Thread: Red Sox at Cardinals

In response to joyceand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard, the guy they're putting out there tomorrow night isn't anywhere near as good as what we've seen so far.  They just need one game to bring it back to Fenway.

[/QUOTE]

And an injured Buchholz is going for the Sox.  And they aren't hitting.  I wouldn't hold my breath for a win tomorrow.

[/QUOTE]

I think this obstruction crap is going to fire them up to play better tomorrow and for the rest of the Series.  I know things aren't going their way, but as a diehard fan, I'm "keeping the faith."  You can think whatever you like, which is your right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

In response to tvfrank's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to isurfvb24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NEOHPatsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to NEOHPatsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to BoSoxfan56's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AFNAV130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

he called him safe at home anyway. most people must have missed that.

[/QUOTE]

He called him safe at home because of the obstruction call made by the ump at third.

[/QUOTE]

He was pointing at the 3rd base ump when he called him safe. 

[/QUOTE]

B*ll Shyt...Jim Joyce should ber removed from the WS umpire crew....absolute BS!

[/QUOTE]

Dude, the 3rd base ump clearly called obstruction, the play at home doesn't matter the runner gets to advance. that's why he pointed at the 3rd base ump and gave the safe sign. This call has nothing to do with the home plate ump at all.

[/QUOTE]

Dude...I don't care what you have to say about it...it was a BS call now S.T.F.U.

[/QUOTE]

don't get your panties in a bunch internet tuff guy. Get mom to tuck you in and put in the nightlight. It's only one game.

[/QUOTE]

"It's only one game." What are you? An idiot?

[/QUOTE]

No but you truly are if you think being down 2-1 is  the end of the series.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to KMONT550's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They just got hosed. No obstruction. inadvertant contact

[/QUOTE]

it doesn't have to be intentional.  Middlebrooks has GOT to come off that bag and catch the ball.  He didn't.  contact ocurred.  I don't like the call especially since you could see the runner was holding middlebrooks down but the call is right

[/QUOTE]

The call was not right and considering the importance of this game, it's an atrocity to the sport. These umps s/b investigated, especially Joyce and the slug who umped behind the plate.

[/QUOTE]

It was the right call.  The runner was impeded.  Doesn't matter if it was intentional or not.  Don't blame the umps for terrible defense by the Red Sox.  2 games in a row were lost because of terrible throws to third.

[/QUOTE]

Of course he was impeded, Middebrooks was on the ground. You advance at your own peril in that scenario. And all these people defending it. what the hell was he supposed to do? get up you obstruct. Its junk. One game was lost due to terrible throws to third. Oh wait. No it wasn't! I forgot. they trotted out their 98+ relievers after a 98 starter.  Thats how they lost game 2. and game 3.  Thats your reason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Another issue is that Saltalamachia cannot hit a lick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Koji hung a luke warm pitch too

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Sadly I agree with the call to an extent.  It just bothers me that it doesn't look like Middlebrooks was in 3rd base line.

Embedded image permalink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Too many managerial screw ups to win this one. The SOX can only cover Farrell's azz so many times.

[/QUOTE]

Manager of the Year.  Thanks for ponting this out.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Farrell's number one defender. Slug of the Year.

[/QUOTE]

That's right.  I sit here, right in the middle of one of the best years of our history.

How you doinhjg?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxfan56. Show BoSoxfan56's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to AFNAV130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well, let's hope this atrocity lights a fire under these guys so they come out and crush the Cards tomorrow night and for the rest of this Series!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Its over. you cant beat their 98ers. To get to where they were tonight was nothing short of remarkable.

[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard, the guy they're putting out there tomorrow night isn't anywhere near as good as what we've seen so far.  They just need one game to bring it back to Fenway.

[/QUOTE]

Thats what they said about Kelly. This National League is rediculous with the pitchers hitting who are automatic outs 95 % percent of the time. The game has watered down pitching to begin with and now you are letting pitchers hit and run the bases to risk further injury.  Dumb baseball.

[/QUOTE]

They came back tonight, tied the game and if not for that BS call, would have gone to the 10th with the heart of the order coming up.  Who knows what would have happened?   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sadly I agree with the call to an extent.  It just bothers me that it doesn't look like Middlebrooks was in 3rd base line.

Embedded image permalink

[/QUOTE]
    I don't agree with it at all. As seen in your pic, he pushes wm down with both hands then trips over wm when he's laying on ground. No obstruction there

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

"It's only one game." What are you? An idiot?

Go in the back, where no one will see you.  Change your underwear so no one wil notice,   You are an embarrassment to real Ameicans and real men.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

They are saying the rule is if the fielder impedes the base runner in anyway, then it is an obstruction.  It does not matter how it come about or if there is any intent.  Sounds like it was the right call, not good for us, but the right call.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Could Napoli field 3B any worse than Middlebooks?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

Embedded image permalink

I don't agree with it at all. As seen in your pic, he pushes wm down with both hands then trips over wm when he's laying on ground. No obstruction there

[/QUOTE]

I seriously could also make a good argument that there wasn't obstruction, but there was.  He knew the ball was passed and Craig was going for home, it's just instinct to put the feet up and try and slow down the runner.  It was obstruction.

But again, look where Craig is, that is where I think a good argument could be made.  Obstruction in the base path yes, he wasn't in the base path, imo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Salty never should have made that throw. It was a bad decision at an important time. Even if the throw was perfect he wouldn't have gotten him at 3rd. 

An epic game nonetheless. This is going to be a classic guys. Stay tuned.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Middlebrook was there in front of the base runner going home, the umps are saying that is obstruction, Middlebrook cannot be at that spot after the ball was thrown away.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Salty never should have made that throw. It was a bad decision at an important time. Even if the throw was perfect he wouldn't have gotten him at 3rd. 

An epic game nonetheless. This is going to be a classic guys. Stay tuned.

[/QUOTE]

You are right, the throw should never have been made but in the heat of the game like that, just tagging the lead runner out, seeing a slow runner going to 3rd, hard to fault him for going for it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Embedded image permalink

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I seriously could also make a good argument that there wasn't obstruction, but there was.  He knew the ball was passed and Craig was going for home, it's just instinct to put the feet up and try and slow down the runner.  It was obstruction.

But again, look where Craig is, that is where I think a good argument could be made.  Obstruction in the base path yeas, he wasn't in the base path, imo.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly how I see it

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Embedded image permalink

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But again, look where Craig is, that is where I think a good argument could be made.  Obstruction in the base path yeas, he wasn't in the base path, imo.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly how I see it

[/QUOTE]

The umps are not even saying the feet were the problem.  The fact that Middlebrook was there in the line between the runner and home base, it is an obstruction.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Embedded image permalink

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly how I see it

[/QUOTE]

The umps are not even saying the feet were the problem.  The fact that Middlebrook was there in the line between the runner and home base, it is an obstruction.

[/QUOTE]

Soooo..the only way it would not have been obstruction is if WMB disappeared into thin air after he missed the ball.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

Embedded image permalink

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. That idiot Jim Joyce said Craig was on the chalk. No way. The picture says it all. He is out of the baseline.  If he had run down the chalk he wouldn't have tripped.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Farrell managed a horrible game also.  That is probably the main reason for the loss.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

> Soooo..the only way it would not have been obstruction is if WMB disappeared into thin air after he missed the ball.

Yes.  From what I can gather from the press conference, it does not matter the circumstance that leads to the obstruction.  The opposing fielder cannot be in the way between the runner and the next base.

Sections
Shortcuts