World Series Game 3 Thread: Red Sox at Cardinals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: World Series Game 3 Thread: Red Sox at Cardinals

Scott Lauber/BostonHerald      

Mike Napoli back to taking grouners at third base, now alternating with Xander Bogaerts and John McDonald

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PrairieBayou. Show PrairieBayou's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

In response to PrairieBayou's comment:

how's RF? i'm just thinking...just seeing how to get napoli in the game...put victorino in LF? i'm just asking because i don't know busch that good...LF harder than RF?

All of Busch's outfield is spacious, but I'd like his chances in RF versus LF.

so it's not so good...napoli at 3B could be suicide....you never know.

I wouldn't know...our 3b is pretty shitty in the field so he doesn't provide a good perspective for me.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pete Abraham        

Napoli at 3B taking grounders.

Embedded image permalink     

• You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 42m

Napoli played three games at 3B in the minors, the last one in 2004 in Class A Ball. #redsox

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe

27m

RT @Sean_McAdam: Farrell on Napoli taking grounders at 3B: "Not tonight, but it's an option."

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyKFL. Show BobbyKFL's posts

Great Jake Peavy story told to me by Jake's Dad while watching Jake's brother catch for Samford University in Birmingham, AL. in 2007.

Apparently, a young Jake had been at some sort of banquet or celebrity event and was driving home with a couple friends when he was stopped by the Police.  The Officer recognized him but seemed less than impressed as he asked for his licence and registration.  The Officer then looked into the back seat to see who was also in the car. The Officer pulled his head out and asked Jake if that was who he thought it was in the back seat? Jake said yes and the cop said "I will follow you to your hotel to make sure you guys get home safely".  In the back seat???  ROGER CLEMENS and HANK WILLIAMS JR. Jake did not get a ticket.

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 1m

#RedSox pitchers were 1 for 26 at the plate this season. The one hit was by Jake Peavy.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

I fear we will miss Napoli's defense more than his offense. Napoli has really solidfied that infield and fixed a lot of plays with his glove. Made great decisions with his arm. The guy is a winner.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Scott MacArthur/TSN      

HORSES!!!
    Embedded image permalink     

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Peavy, redemption time tonight.  Show us you were worth the price the team paid to get you.

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to Beantowne's comment:

With all of the talk about the advantages and disadvantages that each leagues representives have in thier home park, specifically the AL Clubs not having the DH in the National League Parks. Thus forcing the Red Sox (AL club) to sit either Ortiz or Napoli. My querry is does not the same dynamic exist for the Cards who have to choose between Adams and Craig. This year might well be an anomaly given the depth of the St. Louis lineup as opposed to other years and teams but I see it as a wash. Since both teams are going to have to sit a valuable run producing middle of the order bat. 

Tonight's game is a pivotal one that the Sox need to win to take back homefiield...not a must win by any means. It'll be interesting early on to see how both starters fare.

Tonights Starters; Both have had good and bad times this post season. 

Kelly not unlike Wacha is a very good young pitchers but can be wild, would like to see us put a crooked number up in the first and make the kid work. the key is making him pitch to Papi...which means the top of the order has to get on base and whomever's hitting behind him has to make them pay when they do pitch around him. 

Peavy is a savy vet who has to pitch on the black...This game and his perfromance whether Peavy wants to admit it or not will define his season and put a bow on all of the chatter surrounding his acquisition. The key is making them earn thier way on base and keeping the ball in the yard. 

Go Sox! 

Good post bean.  And valid point.  I actually thought the same thing.  Our hitting lineup is much deeper then st louis and can handle this loss.  Our bench is full of excellent vets who can hit.  Napoli, Gomes, Carp, Ross, Middlebrooks.  Not a bad 5 to choose from.  St Louis doesnt have as much pop in their bats so i truly believe this is advantage Sox.  

i think spotting peavy a lead is important.  I think peavy will give us 6 solid innings.   He isnt pitching to a team like detroit.  He has an auto out with the pitcher and again, that lineup just isnt that deep.  Every player on detroit scared me.  I dont have that feeling with the Cards.  

I also wonder if the Sox are playing up Clays injury.  He potentially could get the game 7 start.   Having Clay be a stud for us in game 4 could swing this thing totally in our direction.  He also could be the stopper should peavy lay an egg.  

Its gonna be fun to watch.  I think this is what the lineup will be.  

Jacoby Shane Pedey Papi Nava Salty Drew Bogey Peavy.  

I predict Drew and Salty break out today.  First avg pitcher we will face in many games.  

I agree with most of this. The key will be getting up ahead early. And big. This guy is 0-10 in his postseason career and 0-2 this year. If you can't get in him tonight then when can you.  The other key is to get ahead enough to make their roided up, adderalled up, Andro'd up bullpen rookies irrelevant. That's the key. If you can stay away from them, who with the help they are getting are more abnormal than normal, you will be okay.

Bly those roids really help no? My god. Every single one of them. They are clones.

Wow this board is silent. No, maybe not. You all calling lawyers to sue the Cardinals for fraud?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

not impressive

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Scott MacArthur/TSN      

HORSES!!!
    Embedded image permalink     

Um...ok

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

the kid made some pitches...the called third strike on Ellsbury was painted at the bottom of the knees...

Now it's Peavy's turn to put up a zero...

post season 8.31 era.  Neve won a post season game.

post season peavy is 0-3 two of the losses came against the cards.  I have a bad feeling about this

• You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

Need jake to step up 

• Sections
    Shortcuts