World Series Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Cardinals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

World Series Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Cardinals

Buchholz vs Lynn

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: World Series Game 4 Thread: Red Sox at Cardinals

Jenny Dell/NESN      

Pedroia: "This game's not going to define our team by any means...This won't stop us."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

let's hope for a better day.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Drew should remain at SS when game is tight.  Bogie at 3B.  Nava at LF.

Sox bats have to break out of the slumber, and make Boston pitching, fielding and bad umpiring calls irrelevant for rest of the series.

Go Sox !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

they had to lose one game in st lou in order to take it all at home

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

There's no way to know if the obsturction play didn't end the game, who would won. We didn't burn our bullpen and more likely than not, will need it with Buch pitching. Rosenthal isn't available tonight. Cards number 4 against our number one, for a good part of the season. The obstruction call may wake and fire up the team. Win tonight, back to square one and Fenway. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There's no way to know if the obsturction play didn't end the game, who would won. We didn't burn our bullpen and more likely than not, will need it with Buch pitching. Rosenthal isn't available tonight. Cards number 4 against our number one, for a good part of the season. The obstruction call may wake and fire up the team. Win tonight, back to square one and Fenway. 

[/QUOTE] + 1..at that point it was still even footing..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Exactly, jete. The game wasn't stolen from us, it was never ours for the taking. This may be the turning point of the series.....don't poke the sleeping bear

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

JBay

Rosenthall only threw 20 pitches last night, so he might be available. Tonight is a must must win game. If we lose tonight we will most likely never make it back to Boston. Some of the moves Farrell has made have been questionable at best. Letting Workmann hit against Rosenthall was awful although He probably did not want to pinch hit him and then replace Big Papi in the lineup at first base yet with him due up in the top of the 10 inning. Drew although good defensively is a disaster at the plate. Leaving Saltalamachia in to hit who has done nothing at the plate but strikeout consistently. He cannot throw anyone out and cost them game 2 between him and Breslow. Remind why he is playing, when Ross is better defensively and could not do any worse at the plate ?

At the trade deadline, I felt they needed another good reliever (not Thornton) and a third baseman at the trade deadline like Michael Young. Cherringon needed to make a deal here and it isrearing its ugly head. I can respect that they did not want to give anyone good in their system up like Baeggerts and I agree with that. However, the other question is how often do you get to the World Series ? Middlebrooks is way to streaky with the bat and his glove is okay, not great. Peavy although he has a great heart is not a work horse who is going to get you into the 7th and 8th inning. Hehas become a strain on the bullpen alla Tim Wakefield in 2011. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

JBay Rosenthall only threw 20 pitches last night, so he might be available. Tonight is a must must win game. If we lose tonight we will most likely never make it back to Boston. Some of the moves Farrell has made have been questionable at best. Letting Workmann hit against Rosenthall was awful although He probably did not want to pinch hit him and then replace Big Papi in the lineup at first base yet with him due up in the top of the 10 inning. Drew although good defensively is a disaster at the plate. Leaving Saltalamachia in to hit who has done nothing at the plate but strikeout consistently. He cannot throw anyone out and cost them game 2 between him and Breslow. Remind why he is playing, when Ross is better defensively and could not do any worse at the plate ?

At the trade deadline, I felt they needed another good reliever (not Thornton) and a third baseman at the trade deadline like Michael Young. Cherringon needed to nake a deal here and it isrearing its ugly head. I can respect that they did not want to give anyone good in their system up like Baeggerts and I agree with that. However, the other question is how often do you get to the World Series ? Middlebrooks is way to streaky with the bat and his glove is okay, not great. Peavy although he has a great heart is not a work horse who is going to get you into the 7th and 8th inning. Hehas become a strain on the bullpen alla Tim Wakefield in 2011. 

AL, Matheny said in the post game Rosenthal isn't available tonight. Wasn't long ago everyone was calling for Salty to be extended. Drew, also. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nope. There is no way of knowing who would have won had Salty not thrown the game away. But I DO know who DID win the game BECAUSE Salty threw the game away. They did. This is the second game we threw away. Hard to win a seven game series when you throw two games away like that. Sloppy baseball does not win rings.
    This is the game we MUST win in order to have a reasonable chance at a ring. Lose tonight and its over, for all practical purposes. The Cards are too good a team to lose three in a row. Day to Day Clay has to man up and toss the kind of game he is capable of tossing, and our bats have to wake up. We are underdogs now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nope. There is no way of knowing who would have won had Salty not thrown the game away. But I DO know who DID win the game BECAUSE Salty threw the game away. They did. This is the second game we threw away. Hard to win a seven game series when you throw two games away like that. Sloppy baseball does not win rings.
    This is the game we MUST win in order to have a reasonable chance at a ring. Lose tonight and its over, for all practical purposes. The Cards are too good a team to lose three in a row. Day to Day Clay has to man up and toss the kind of game he is capable of tossing, and our bats have to wake up. We are underdogs now.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Matheny is a better field technician than Farrell and has done very little wrong at this point. Farrell has Drew, Saltalamachia, letting Workmann hit, everything he has done wrong, has virtually found him in the field. Its uncanny. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

JBay Rosenthall only threw 20 pitches last night, so he might be available. Tonight is a must must win game. If we lose tonight we will most likely never make it back to Boston. Some of the moves Farrell has made have been questionable at best. Letting Workmann hit against Rosenthall was awful although He probably did not want to pinch hit him and then replace Big Papi in the lineup at first base yet with him due up in the top of the 10 inning. Drew although good defensively is a disaster at the plate. Leaving Saltalamachia in to hit who has done nothing at the plate but strikeout consistently. He cannot throw anyone out and cost them game 2 between him and Breslow. Remind why he is playing, when Ross is better defensively and could not do any worse at the plate ?

At the trade deadline, I felt they needed another good reliever (not Thornton) and a third baseman at the trade deadline like Michael Young. Cherringon needed to nake a deal here and it isrearing its ugly head. I can respect that they did not want to give anyone good in their system up like Baeggerts and I agree with that. However, the other question is how often do you get to the World Series ? Middlebrooks is way to streaky with the bat and his glove is okay, not great. Peavy although he has a great heart is not a work horse who is going to get you into the 7th and 8th inning. Hehas become a strain on the bullpen alla Tim Wakefield in 2011. 

AL, Matheny said in the post game Rosenthal isn't available tonight. Wasn't long ago everyone was calling for Salty to be extended. Drew, also. 

Drew is gone after the season, no doubt, Saltalamachia, I am not sure about. He has a major hole in his swing and strikes out way too much. He does not have a great arm. Please remind me why we need him defensively ? They have to get a catcher who has a decent arm and can make contact with the bat. Napoli they have to hang onto but not both him and Saltalamachi, way too many strikeouts between them to be in the lineup together.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Stop throwing the ball around like you are in a "SUNDAY MORNING BARROOM SOFTBALL LEAGUE" !!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Drew is gone after the season, no doubt, Saltalamachia, I am not sure about. He has a major hole in his swing and strikes out way too much. He does not have a great arm. Please remind me why we need him defensively ? They have to get a catcher who has a decent arm and can make contact with the bat. Napoli they have to hang onto but not both him and Saltalamachi, way too many strikeouts between them to be in the lineup together.

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter Red sox win ws check out napoli celebrate

[/QUOTE]

Hope so but I do not have that warm and fuzzy feeling right now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I am not a sox fan

i. Am not a cards fan

all I have seen is this one play

i see 3rd baseman go to ground trying to field errant throw

I see hupim raise his legs and the runner trip

but doesn't the fielder have the air above him?

if he doesn't raise his legs is it still obstruction?

Sorry you guys lost on such a strange play

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

MUST WIN!!

Sections
Shortcuts