World Series Game 5 Thread: Red Sox at Cardinals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Re: World Series Game 5 Thread: Red Sox at Cardinals

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

tonight comes the swing game should be good...someone goes to Fenway backs to the wall...

[/QUOTE]
    Of course we all prefer to win this Game 5, but I think this team could lose tonight and take the last 2 at home....on the other hand, I think the Cards need to win tonight....can't see the Sox going home up 3-2 and not winning it, even against Wacha and Kelly who pitched so well their first games....Home has been sweet to the Sox all year

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

Kelly in a potential game 7 IN FENWAY I'd bet scares the Cards' coaching and front office.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Nick Cafardo   

Asked whether he was sore from playing first base, David Ortiz said "I'll have plenty of time to be sore when I'm dead."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Nick Cafardo   

Clay Buchholz on David Ortiz: "We call him Cooperstown."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to bill039's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Drew to the bench

The idea that he is a great fielder

has been created to justify him in the lineup

He is just average at ss at best.

[/QUOTE]

you are just a joke!!  good thing you are not a red sox fan!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Dennis Eckersley ‏@Eck43 4m Doing @nesn pre-game and post-game shows tonight with @tomcaron. Looking forward to watching both teams aces pitch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to bill039's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Drew to the bench

The idea that he is a great fielder

has been created to justify him in the lineup

He is just average at ss at best.

[/QUOTE]

Brilliant. Who plays SS then? Bogaerts? If Bogey is at SS who plays 3B? Middlebrooks? No thank you. We are stuck with Drew because he is the lesser of two evils in comparison to Middlebrooks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Gotta keep Papi in there at 1B tonight. He is the only guy hitting with consistency.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

tonight comes the swing game should be good...someone goes to Fenway backs to the wall...

[/QUOTE]
    Of course we all prefer to win this Game 5, but I think this team could lose tonight and take the last 2 at home....on the other hand, I think the Cards need to win tonight....can't see the Sox going home up 3-2 and not winning it, even against Wacha and Kelly who pitched so well their first games....Home has been sweet to the Sox all year

[/QUOTE] hey tom, i don't think anyone doubts that(has been proven quite often this season) but i do think both teams are capable of dropping this one and then winning two straight...IMO this WS has been pretty even footed...neither team has outclassed the other(in part to both team "whole roster" approach) though there's absolutely no doubt the Sox comfort level would be off the charts back at Fenway...with both of you bringing an "A game" i wouldn't bet against either team closing out in G6

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dennis Eckersley ‏@Eck43 4m Doing @nesn pre-game and post-game shows tonight with @tomcaron. Looking forward to watching both teams aces pitch.

[/QUOTE] what's this?...you and Pete Abe on the outs already??? Tongue OutWink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pete Abraham   

Tazawa and Uehera in the postseason for the Red Sox: 23 appearances, 18.1 innings,13 H, 2 ER, 2 KBB, 19 Ks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Where are the lineups ?  5 more hours.  Can't wait.

Go Sox !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

the Wizard in da house.....MLB Public Relations ‏@MLB_PR 1m

Ozzie Smith to throw 1st pitch before #WorldSeries Game 5 tonight. Harry Connick, Jr. will perform National Anthem

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pete Abraham   

Tazawa and Uehera in the postseason for the Red Sox: 23 appearances, 18.1 innings,13 H, 2 ER, 2 KBB, 19 Ks.

[/QUOTE]The Shot Blockers..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] embarassing....great pick by Uehara though, but how the heck do you get picked with no intention of going? no reason for that jab step...

[/QUOTE]

I could watch this all day Laughing

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] hey tom, i don't think anyone doubts that(has been proven quite often this season) but i do think both teams are capable of dropping this one and then winning two straight...IMO this WS has been pretty even footed...neither team has outclassed the other(in part to both team "whole roster" approach) though there's absolutely no doubt the Sox comfort level would be off the charts back at Fenway...with both of you bringing an "A game" i wouldn't bet against either team closing out in G6

[/QUOTE]

Come on jete, fess up, you are you rooting for Cool

One of the many reasons I'm glad the sox will be back in fenway is that we won't have to see those supid white towels!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One of the many reasons I'm glad the sox will be back in fenway is that we won't have to see those supid white towels!

[/QUOTE]LOL...then it's a good thing you guys weren't in Pittsburgh Tongue Out

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] embarassing....great pick by Uehara though, but how the heck do you get picked with no intention of going? no reason for that jab step...

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] the worse part is that when Uehara spun he was still coming forward..he had no prayer....Embarassed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]LOL...then it's a good thing you guys weren't in Pittsburgh Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]

Just between you and me jete, you want the sox to win don't you!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] the worse part is that when Uehara spun he was still coming forward..he had no prayer....Embarassed

[/QUOTE]

What do you mean the worst part, I think that was a great move on the base runners part Smile

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 1m

Cardinals worked out Allen Craig at first base just now. Moving really cautiously.

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 9m

#RedSox: Ellsbury CF, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz 1B, Gomes LF, Nava RF, Bogaerts 3B, Drew SS, Ross C, Lester LHP

Good afternoon. Here are the lineups:
    2013_ws_logo.jpg
    RED SOX (2-2, 97-65 regular season)
    Jacoby Ellsbury CF
    Dustin Pedroia 2B
    David Ortiz 1B
    Jonny Gomes LF
    Daniel Nava RF
    Xander Bogaerts 3B
    Stephen Drew SS
    David Ross C
    Jon Lester LHP (3-1, 1.67 in postseason; 15-8, 3.75 in regular season).

CARDINALS (2-2, 97-65 regular season)
    Matt Carpenter 2B
    Shane Robinson CF
    Matt Holliday LF
    Carlos Beltran RF
    Yadier Molina C
    Matt Adams 1B
    David Freese 3B
    Pete Kozma SS
    RHP Adam Wainwright (2-2, 2.25 postseason; 19-9, 2.94 regular season).

Game time: 8:07 p.m.

TV/Radio: FOX / WEEI, ESPN Radio.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Frown

4 more hours, and still no lineups.

Key uncertainties are - Ross over Salty, Vic over Nava over Gomes.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 1m

Cardinals worked out Allen Craig at first base just now. Moving really cautiously.

That's a tough decision - good bat that can be a liability at 1B and base paths versus bad bat against lefty pitcher.  Shows desperation at that spot.

I am glad Sox have no such dilemma.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Frown

4 more hours, and still no lineups.

Key uncertainties are - Ross over Salty, Vic over Nava over Gomes.

[/QUOTE]

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 9m

#RedSox: Ellsbury CF, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz 1B, Gomes LF, Nava RF, Bogaerts 3B, Drew SS, Ross C, Lester LHP

Sections
Shortcuts