World Series Game 6 Thread: Cardinals at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: World Series Game 6 Thread: Cardinals at Red Sox

Joe McDonald/ESPNBoston
    Salty: “As we’re getting closer you think about this could be the last time I wear this uniform, last time I play here as a home player."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Embedded image permalink     

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pedro Gomez - ESPN, MLB Reporter

Last time the Red Sox played Game 6 at Fenway in a World Series, it ended in 12 with Carlton Fisk's memorable home run in 1975. Carlton Fisk

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

View image on Twitter

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Farrell on mood of clubhouse, "I think we're pretty loose. The feel that's down there is a good one."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pete Abraham   

Lester started 38 games and pitched 248 innings. Only Wainwright (276.2) and Kershaw (259) threw more innings (postseason incl.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Alex Speier/WEEI

Farrell says Victorino will bat 6th in his return tonight, after Ellsbury, Pedroia, Ortiz, Napoli, Gomes

[/QUOTE]

I like this move. It keeps Ortiz batting third.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TomBurgmeierFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have been a Red Sox fan since I was six, although more than that, I am a baseball fan.  My girlfriend does not understand this & seems to feel that watching sports on TV is a waste of time.  She seems to find it offensive that I want to watch the World Series.   So far, I have watched a total of about three hours of the whole series.  I would love to watch ALL of the game tonight. but fear this could turn into a reallly big argument...I've offered to watch games elsewhere (ie a bar) so she doesn't have to be bothered by it;this has not worked...we do not get NESN so I rarely even ask to watch a game during the regular season, and I have trouble picking up 93.7 on my radio in our home.

...Please help!  

[/QUOTE]

Funny, don't know if you're serious, but dump her if she won't even let you watch the sox in the world series.

[/QUOTE]

Just watch the game. She will get over it eventually.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Il66pony. Show Il66pony's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

anyone going to tonights game???

[/QUOTE] heard yesterday, ticket resales are upwards of 2G's......ouch!!!...i guess if you're fortunate enough..go for it..

[/QUOTE]

Monster seats this morning, 4,700 each

[/QUOTE]

Yikes!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Saw right field box seats (5th row).  On stub hub for $13,200 each this morning.  Does not mean that they will sell for that. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Il66pony. Show Il66pony's posts

[QUOTE]

I have been a Red Sox fan since I was six, although more than that, I am a baseball fan.  My girlfriend does not understand this & seems to feel that watching sports on TV is a waste of time.  She seems to find it offensive that I want to watch the World Series.   So far, I have watched a total of about three hours of the whole series.  I would love to watch ALL of the game tonight. but fear this could turn into a reallly big argument...I've offered to watch games elsewhere (ie a bar) so she doesn't have to be bothered by it;this has not worked...we do not get NESN so I rarely even ask to watch a game during the regular season, and I have trouble picking up 93.7 on my radio in our home.

...Please help!  

[/QUOTE]

She is selfish. Watch out. you need to make her watch Fever Pitch as you do not seem as bad as he was. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxfan56. Show BoSoxfan56's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

...Please help!  

[/QUOTE]

Very funny, I don't believe you but very funny.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to brazilnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

...Please help!  

[/QUOTE]

Funny, don't know if you're serious, but dump her if she won't even let you watch the sox in the world series.

[/QUOTE]

Just watch the game. She will get over it eventually.

[/QUOTE]

...and if she doesn't get over it this would be a nice time to find out about it, so you can make an intelligent decision about your future.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxfan56. Show BoSoxfan56's posts

[QUOTE]

...Please help!  

[/QUOTE]

Try 103.7 on FM....still WEEI

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]

...Please help!  

[/QUOTE]

If you have a Smart phone download the WEEI or ESPN app and take her to a Movie or rent one.  While you are buying or making Popcorn put the ear piece in one ear and listen to the game while she watches something like The Notebook and squeese her leg once in a while when you see someone kissing or crying. 

But seriously you need a new girlfriend unless she is your sole source or support...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]

...Please help!  

[/QUOTE]

There's plenty of women out there,but very few opportunities to watch the Red Sox clinch the World Series.

I think your choice is obvious.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

RED SOX (2-2, 97-65 regular season)

Jacoby Ellsbury CF
    Dustin Pedroia 2B
    David Ortiz DH
    Mike Napoli 1B
    Jonny Gomes LF
    Shane Victorino RF
    Xander Bogaerts 3B
    Stephen Drew SS
    David Ross C

Pitching: RHP John Lackey (2-1, 3.26 postseason; 10-13, 3.52 regular season).

CARDINALS (2-3, 97-65 regular season)

Carpenter 2B
    Beltran RF
    Holliday LF
    Craig DH, 
    Molina C 
    Adams 1B
    Freese 3B
    Jay CF
    Descalso SS

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottwad. Show scottwad's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Embedded image permalink     

[/QUOTE]

You always post excellent pics. You must have people working for you. I really enjoy your posts. Don't stop!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I think the moon and the stars are aligned for a Red Sox win tonight....Can't wait for the game to start!!!

Sections
Shortcuts