World Series

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

World Series

I mean wow. Who would have seen this? The only way for Detroit to come back would be the Red Sox way of winning the last four games. I don't see that happening. That was a miracle that may never be repeated IMO. I just can't believe they have completely shut down the Tigers. Incredible.

They are going to have another WS win in SF. I didn't have a dog in this fight, but I was kinda rooting for Detroit. I'm not unhappy SF is going to win, just amazed. Their pitching has been unbelievable.

One of the best pitchers in baseball, Lincecum, isn't doing well? We'll put him in relief. I can't believe that people can still say that changing a pichers' role ruins a pitcher. He's been lights out. Could it really be that he just is happy to help in any way possible? who knows. It's working.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: World Series

I didn't really predict this but can't say I'm too surprised. When baseball  teams get on a roll in the postseason, these things happen. 

The Giants have some great stories on their team, and Lincecum is one of them. They will be a worthy champion. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

They will be a worthy champion for sure. Besides the pitching, their defense has been pretty unbelievable as well. Can you really have the bases loaded 3 times in a game and do nothing? I didn't know that. Is Blanco really two people out in left field? Is Scutaro the best second baseman in baseball? He sure looks like he is.

I just thought SF won a couple of years ago, and maybe it would be nice for Detroit for all they've been through. And I'm an Eminem fan. :) But I am happy for Scutaro. I liked him on the Sox, but I think he's found his true home, and they love him there. Here he was kinda considered a secondary player they were using for a time. Funny when you think about it now. He definitely gets the last laugh.

Is it possible that encouraging and supporting your players creates different results? I'm guessing it does, and have always said so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Phil Coke looks amazing. If the Giants go on to win, I can't see how he could be blamed for the giving up the run. There really is no stopping Scutaro. While we watch him, I bet the Yankees are watching Coke and thinking they should have kept him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Unreal. Who knew the Giants were that good? I don't pay that much attention to the National League, but I'm wondering why this is so suprising. I don't even remember them being discussed as being the force they turned out to be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Is their some secret agenda or is it just obvious to why you start a second thread on the WORLD SERIES?

Surely you did not miss the other one started by a Yankee fan and to which has more than 223 posts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is their some secret agenda or is it just obvious to why you start a second thread on the WORLD SERIES?

Surely you did not miss the other one started by a Yankee fan and to which has more than 223 posts.

[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? What other World Series thread?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Are you talking about the game thread?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Someone should tell Barry Zito that he won the World Series he seems to be completely unaware, or he just woke up. One or the other.

And what a class act Jim Leyland is. I really feel bad for him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

2012 World Series Thread: Detroit Tigers vs. San Francisco Giants

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2012 World Series Thread: Detroit Tigers vs. San Francisco Giants

[/QUOTE]

Yes. You were talking about the gamethread. Imagine if we couldn't discuss the Sox or the team at all if it wasn't posted on a game thread. Are you for real? I have absolutely no interest in posting on the gamethreads. I did however make a post there at your request. Hope you enjoy it. It really covers my view on the gamethreads in general.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I think mopst people wrote the Giants off early, figuring that they would live and die with Lincecum.   Then when Melky was suspended, it just seemed like the deathnail.  Especially since it came shortly after Vogelsong seemed to forget how to pitch.

But they went on a very quiet tear, finishing up with a 30-14 record after Cabrera's suspension....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think mopst people wrote the Giants off early, figuring that they would live and die with Lincecum.   Then when Melky was suspended, it just seemed like the deathnail.  Especially since it came shortly after Vogelsong seemed to forget how to pitch.

But they went on a very quiet tear, finishing up with a 30-14 record after Cabrera's suspension....

[/QUOTE]

Well, like I said, I really wasn't paying much attention to them, but you saying Vogelsong seemed to forget how to pitch is just incredible. He was amazing. How things change unexpectedly.

I also thought Lincecum was the Giants. For him to take on a relief role, and do so well, probably helped the team as well. Kudos to him for doing it. The Giants are really the poster boys for anyway to get there. And it clearly worked for them.

Sections
Shortcuts