Worst Baseball Announcers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Worst Baseball Announcers

It is not a surprise that Waldman & Sterling are on it. Pretty good descriptions, too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

Re: Worst Baseball Announcers

the guys we just listened to for Pitt. were pretty bad

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Worst Baseball Announcers:
    It is not a surprise that Waldman & Sterling are on it. Pretty good descriptions, too. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5537110/the_five_worst_baseball_announcers.html?cat=14
    Posted by nhsteven

Hi Steve, enjoyed your comments about attending the games Friday and Sunday. did you have a weekend prison pass? Wink

As far as susan waldman, john sterling and i'll add michael kay, i don't know of many Yankee fans who like them. I do think o'neil, flash, and leiter do a good job. My nephew was never a big Remy fan, grew up listening to him, never knew any other. Then when he was out a few years ago,  he quickly realized how good Remy actually was, after he heard the fill ins. it's the old adage, dont know what you've got till it's gone. the only other i've heard on the list is ken harrelson-agree he's awful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Sterling and Hawk are over the top but I guess lots of homers like them and that is what it really is all about. Seems to me most Bruins fans love Jack Edwards who is a hocket version of Hawk/Sterling's style.

Waldman has a voice for silent movies...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Worst Baseball Announcers:
    Sterling and Hawk are over the top but I guess lots of homers like them and that is what it really is all about. Seems to me most Bruins fans love Jack Edwards who is a hocket version of Hawk/Sterling's style. Waldman has a voice for silent movies...
    Posted by fivekatz

If they ever do a remake of the Wizard of Oz, she has the perfect face for .....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Worst Baseball Announcers : Hi Steve, enjoyed your comments about the attending the games Friday and Sunday. did you have a weekend pass from prison ? As far as susan waldman, john sterling and michael kay, i dont even know of any Yankee fans who like them. i do think oneil, flash, and leiter do a good job. My nephew was never a big Remy fan, grew up listening to him, never knew any other. Then when he was out a few years ago,  he quickly realized how good Remy actually was, after he heard the fill ins. it's the old adage, dont know what you've got till it's gone. the only other i've heard on the list is ken harrelson-agree he's awful.
    Posted by J-BAY

Hey J-Bay

Thought you were mad at me. They even said I could drink while on parole (I didn't)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Worst Baseball Announcers : If they ever do a remake of the Wizard of Oz, she has the perfect face for .....
    Posted by nhsteven
    I did fail to mention she had a face for radio. :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Worst Baseball Announcers : If they ever do a remake of the Wizard of Oz, she has the perfect face for .....
    Posted by nhsteven

for which part?Tongue out

Honestly, a friend who's a yankee fan said believe it or not, she won a beauty contest...I said not, it must be another susan waldman, but he swears it was her, which begs the question....what happened??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Worst Baseball Announcers : Hey J-Bay Thought you were mad at me. They even said I could drink while on parole (I didn't)
    Posted by nhsteven

no, not at all. took a break; still mostly reading; not posting much. it became something it shouldn't and wasn't fun anymore, too much bad blood and infighting. still enjoying the game threads tho

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Worst Baseball Announcers : for which part? Honestly, a friend who's a yankee fan said believe it or not, she won a beauty contest...I said not, it must be another susan waldman, but he swears it was her, which begs the question....what happened??
    Posted by J-BAY

Which part? Are you kidding?

If she did win a beauty contest, either / and

1) Her father rigged it.
    2) She slept with all the judges and was EO M/F/H about it.
    3) She took a bite of the poison apple in Snow White since.
    4) She was punished by the RS gods for switching loyalties just to earn a fat paycheck.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Watching the Rockies on Direct TV... I know I have no life... their color man I don't his name is just painful to listen too. I understand that the annoucers are going to have a home town bent to them, but it drives me insane when they openly root and use 'we' like they're part of the team. The all-time worst thankfully has been put out to pasture by ESPN the immortal Joe Morgan

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

. Waldman has a voice for silent movies...
    Posted by fivekatz

maybe so 5katz

maybe it's like micky rivers

looks like he can't walk but sure could run

suzan sang on Broadway for yrs

and does 1 heck of a star spangled banner

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Hawk Homerson is truly bizarro with his '2-0 Good Guys!' stuff.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Worst Baseball Announcers : maybe so 5katz maybe it's like micky rivers looks like he can't walk but sure could run suzan sang on Broadway for yrs and does 1 heck of a star spangled banner
    Posted by pinstripezac32
    I did not know she could sing, based on her speaking voice (which could cut glass) I never would have guessed. Nice piece of triva about Newton - Suzan, nice to know. TX Zac.

When I think of her now all I can think about is the way she went over the top when Roger showed up in owner's box back in May of 2007. She knows a fair amount about the game over all, just has a very shrill speaking voice.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Worst Baseball Announcers : maybe so 5katz maybe it's like micky rivers looks like he can't walk but sure could run suzan sang on Broadway for yrs and does 1 heck of a star spangled banner
    Posted by pinstripezac32

I hope she didn't play Lolita.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Worst Baseball Announcers : I did not know she could sing, based on her speaking voice (which could cut glass) I never would have guessed. Nice piece of triva about Newton - Suzan, nice to know. TX Zac. When I think of her now all I can think about is the way she went over the top when Roger showed up in owner's box back in May of 2007. She knows a fair amount about the game over all, just has a very shrill speaking voice.  
    Posted by fivekatz

Classic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

all I can think about is the way she went over the top when Roger showed up in owner's box back in May of 2007

no excuse and you can call it unprofessional

and we can agree it was funny as heck

but let the record show she was a long time friend  / fan

of roger from their boston days and like torres last game got

a tad to 
    emotional

I would call it a woman thing but

I just  don't have the guts ;-)

"I can only judge people on what I observe and how they treat me," she said, "and since the mid-'80s, I've known him and all of his family and watched the kids being born and knew his mother and know his sisters ... I never saw this stuff. I don't know if it's true. Does it change what I think of Roger Clemens? I don't think so."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

It is because of the mute button that I still hold onto some belief in a higher power.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

In Response to Re: Worst Baseball Announcers : Which part? Are you kidding? If she did win a beauty contest, either / and 1) Her father rigged it. 2) She slept with all the judges and was EO M/F/H about it. 3) She took a bite of the poison apple in Snow White since. 4) She was punished by the RS gods for switching loyalties just to earn a fat paycheck.
    Posted by nhsteven

Maybe in the 1920's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

In Response to Worst Baseball Announcers:
    It is not a surprise that Waldman & Sterling are on it. Pretty good descriptions, too. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5537110/the_five_worst_baseball_announcers.html?cat=14
    Posted by nhsteven

No surprise that Orsillo and Remy are not on it.

Only because the author credits Gordon Edes.

Waldman and Sterling are awful, but Orsillo and Remy do their best to give them a run for their money.

The big advantage of listening to Sterling is that if you are watching the game on tv, you actually get to experience two games -- the one you see and the one Sterl the hurl calls.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

THHHHHEEEEE Yankees win.  TTHHEEEEEE YAAAAAANKKEEEEES WWIIINNNN! I want to shoot the radio when I hear it!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

Amazing.  A Red Sox fan, and he doesn't like the two Yankee announcers.  Yet, he gives the idiots who call the Fox games a pass.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 26RINGSANDCOUTING. Show 26RINGSANDCOUTING's posts

ANOTHER WIFE BEATER FROM JETER

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

Having both XM and Direct TV, I have to say the Red Sox TV guys Orsillo and Remy I like.  They stink as announcers but I do enjoy them.  The Radio guys for Boston are by far the Worst announcers I have heard on XM.  Not only do they stink, they are actually not even enjoyable to listen to.  Terrible, very very bad.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Remy's a little bit of a homer, (obviously not as bad as Sterling). He usually complains about ball/strike calls in a low key way. However, he's quick to compliment an opposing player; even if he's a Yankee. As an aside, the YES announcers (not exactly my faves either) love AGon; but then again, what not to like? The guy even tried to play RF last wk, claiming it's safer than 1B; that's a great teammate for you. However, like I've said before, expect him to get the Bonds WALK treatment; it's already started.

Sections
Shortcuts