Worst signing - John Lackey, Kevin Brown or Carl Pavano?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

Worst signing - John Lackey, Kevin Brown or Carl Pavano?

Im barely thinking Brown cos he broke his own hand!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Worst signing - John Lackey, Kevin Brown or Carl Pavano?

Lackey is right in our kitchen now.  He has not pitched a dominant game this year.  His salary says  he should have down it a few times by now.  He can't win for us on his own. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

This is a good question. Kevin Brown signed a monster contract, occasionally pitched well, and also did a lot of dumb things. Carl Pavano couldn't stay healthy for the Yankees, and the few times he did pitch, he failed miserably. The money wasn't that onerous, I think he got paid a little more than Matt Clement and insurance probably covered some of the cost. I'd probably vote for Lackey's deal as the worst. He's getting paid a ton, he's not producing, and unlike Pavano, he hasn't been kind enough to come down with an injury. I'd rather have a financial albatross who doesn't directly cause losses.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

3 way tie - there is not one that would be better than the rest. All 3 seriously hurt their teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

I'm going with AJ Burnett...oh, not on the list....then Lackey or Brown because both showed signs of slowing down right before they were signed. No one could have known Pavano would turn into paper mache so fast.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

taking money into account...i have to say lackey

part of it too was that i really did not like the signing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Worst signing -  Kevin Brown

don't think so

dodgers signed him to a huge deal in 98

and near th end of it   traded him to nyy

the dodgers, the team that signed him, made out just fine

76-37  he was 14-13 for nyy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Id add Burnett to the list and him and Lack can ride into the sunset together..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Since you guy's are adding guys not on the list, how about K Krawford, he will go done as the most expensive bust ever. trust me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Worst signing - John Lackey, Kevin Brown or Carl Pavano?:
    [QUOTE]Since you guy's are adding guys not on the list, how about K Krawford, he will go done as the most expensive bust ever. trust me.
    Posted by aussiewill[/QUOTE]

if he does the same next year aussie, I will agree with you..I just cant label anyone "Bust" after 1 year in boston...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Worst signing - John Lackey, Kevin Brown or Carl Pavano?:
    [QUOTE]Id add Burnett to the list and him and Lack can ride into the sunset together..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

I agree. You do need to add Crawford and the 3 of them can ride off together.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Lackey is a spy sent by the Angels to mess up the Red Sox.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jete02fann. Show Jete02fann's posts

Like Forest Gump would say:  "Free agency is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Worst signing - John Lackey, Kevin Brown or Carl Pavano?:
    [QUOTE]Im barely thinking Brown cos he broke his own hand!
    Posted by jamesey271975[/QUOTE]

Lackey had last season to surprise some of the AL East hitters by facing them a bit more.  I think this season is a better judge of what may follow.  Teams don't respect Lackey and know he is either going to be wild or very hittable.  I see things getting even worse.  Both Dice and Wake are better pitchers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Myles-Standish. Show Myles-Standish's posts

There is a long list of free agent flops that were signed by Cashman. All GMs make mistakes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jete02fann. Show Jete02fann's posts

Absolutel, Myles. But don't you think the Sox and Yankees can get away with some of these signings, while a small market GM can't?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

I guess we should've included Zito!

Sections
Shortcuts