Would anybody want Derek Lowe on a make good contract?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero. Show bosoxhero's posts

Would anybody want Derek Lowe on a make good contract?

He wants to be a starter.He could also be a pot starter or reliever.I wouldn't think he would want too much for a contract.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Would anybody want Derek Lowe on a make good contract?

Is he better than what we have right now in the pen, including Hanrahan? No room in the rotation and I dont think hed take a ML deal with an invite to ST. he looked good as a reliever this year, jusyt not sure theres a spot for him on this team. We's have to make yet another move to make room on the 40-man.

Also just wondering...Why did you start the exact same thread when you have one on the front page already?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero. Show bosoxhero's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is he better than what we have right now in the pen, including Hanrahan? No room in the rotation and I dont think hed take a ML deal with an invite to ST. he looked good as a reliever this year, jusyt not sure theres a spot for him on this team. We's have to make yet another move to make room on the 40-man.

Also just wondering...Why did you start the exact same thread when you have one on the front page already?

[/QUOTE]

sorry,i am new at posting things.if i left two.my mistake.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, softy the clown.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Only if we trade away Aceves.  Then I think Lowe can take his spot.  As a starter?  I don't think it's happening.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to bosoxhero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]"SON", You never have to say that your sorry on this board !!!   So what if the lib/left/rad/soc/moonbats complain......  Heck, they have to "be told when to come in out of the rain" !!!!    WELCOME ABOARD  !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]"SON", You never have to say that your sorry on this board !!!   So what if the lib/left/rad/soc/moonbats complain......  Heck, they have to "be told when to come in out of the rain" !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Idiot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]"SON", You never have to say that your sorry on this board !!!   So what if the lib/left/rad/soc/moonbats complain......  Heck, they have to "be told when to come in out of the rain" !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Idiot.

[/QUOTE]  Well, that surely didn't take long for you to take the bait !!  Tell us, what kind of FISH are you ??????????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'd take him just on the fact that the Sox have always had a use for the 6th or 7th SP. Never can have enough guys who can step into a SP role on a moment's notice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No worries, just curious :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]"SON", You never have to say that your sorry on this board !!!   So what if the lib/left/rad/soc/moonbats complain......  Heck, they have to "be told when to come in out of the rain" !!!!    WELCOME ABOARD  !!!

[/QUOTE]

Im not complaining. I just asked a simple question Mr Bill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Lowe is going to be 39 years old in June.

Most guys his age are retired by now , unless they are Hall Of Famers.

Lowe is only still pitching , or even being considered by MLB teams because MLB pitching stinks so bad that an older guy ( #3 starter at best , in his prime ...8-10 years ago) who had a sniff at success or glory are better than the young , fragile group of nothing 15 million a year pitchers that they are grooming for failure with the stupid "pitch count" mentality.....want a Steven Strasburg???...he'll cost you...and he can only pitch 6 innings a start...and he doesn't pitch past Aug 30....and you can't use him more than once a week...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd take him just on the fact that the Sox have always had a use for the 6th or 7th SP. Never can have enough guys who can step into a SP role on a moment's notice.

[/QUOTE]

Will he accept a minor contract?

And if we needed a spot start, would you use him over Morales, Aceves, or Tazawa?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

And if we needed a spot start, would you use him over Morales, Aceves, or Tazawa?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, even now, even at 39, as if age means anything....Moyer pitching into late 40s, Ryan mid 40s, Niekro mid40s....So tired of age as the factor for using a guy in a start. Yes, i'd rather have Derek Lowe throw 5 or 6 average innings than seeing Tazawa, Aceves or Morales implode in 2 to 3 innings.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like the old guys plaing for a MLB roster spot off a minor league contract. It's called merit. If Lowe stinks it up in spring training, nothing lost. If he turns down a minor league contract offer, nothing lost.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, no harm, no foul to try anyone out in those circumstances. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, even now, even at 39, as if age means anything....Moyer pitching into late 40s, Ryan mid 40s, Niekro mid40s....So tired of age as the factor for using a guy in a start. Yes, i'd rather have Derek Lowe throw 5 or 6 average innings than seeing Tazawa, Aceves or Morales implode in 2 to 3 innings.

[/QUOTE]

Morales had 9 starts with a 4.14, 39 hits in 45 innings, and a 47/18 K/W.

Lowe had 5.52 as a starter, with 156 hits in 119 IPs, and a horrible 41/45 K/W.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts