Would Ranuado, Lars Anderson and Doubront be enought to get Garza?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

Would Ranuado, Lars Anderson and Doubront be enought to get Garza?

Those three would be enough to get Garza, you would think? Just asking, if it's too much or point on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Re: Would Ranuado, Lars Anderson and Doubront be enought to get Garza?

i think those 3 players plus including theo comp in the deal would be a fair deal. cubs get a young starter with a high ceiling, a 1b replacement for carlos pena, and rotational depth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kinchow. Show Kinchow's posts

Are you taking into consideration the players which we will get in return for Theo?

Theo's value COULD be as high as two high-quality prospects, but in reality, will likely be one top prospect or a few mid-ranged prospects.

I see Garza as a middle of the rotation type starter, but not an Ace.

(Assuming you're trade proposal takes Theo's compensation into consideration) I think you have Garza valued too high- Theo might agree with you. 

If you're trade proposal is INDEPENDENT of Theo's compensation, it might work.

I would be against your proposal, we'd be giving up too much IMHO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Red Sox would be trading low on Anthony Ranaudo, Lars Anderson and Felix Doubront after their less-than-stellar 2011 seasons, but the Sox have no guarantee that any will enhance his trade value in the future.

I suspect the offer would elicit a return call from the Cubs.

Lars Anderson's career-to-date reminds me of Carlos Pena's career at the same age: a seemingly stalled, lefthanded former top prospect firstbaseman. Come to think of it, Adrian Gonzalez had been floundering before the lefthand-hitting firstbaseman broke out in the 2006 season that included his 24th birthday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Garza is high mileage reject. Worth a blocked prospect and some scraps, and that is it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

What is all this fascination over Garza? He's OK, but is he the only available guy in the league?

His career WHIP is over 1.300.

Yes, he's only 28 and has just over 900 career IP, but he's also will make over $8M this year (arb) and maybe much more in his final arb season of 2013. He's not overpaid, but we do not have $8M this year for a starter.

Maybe next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Moon, great point.  Many posters act like he is the only fish......Don't like the proposed trade.  Lars may be blocked for now but I like the depth...Plus the fact that I have read many post that think Doubront will be fighting for a starting job and the last time I looked we need pitching.  My opinion is lets close out the BS with Epstein and move on.  Forget Garza...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Would Ranuado, Lars Anderson and Doubront be enought to get Garza?:
    Those three would be enough to get Garza, you would think? Just asking, if it's too much or point on.
    Posted by mvpyouk20

Are you crazy ! Way to much.....Why not just give them the farm.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

As Moon pointed out, the cost is not worth it plus I personally feel that only Lars should be traded from that group in the year ahead.  Problem is he's worth diddlysquat.

Get with the program folks.  Ben will wait it out and get pitching cheap after the New Year.  Meanwhile Doubront competes for a starting job and Ranaudo gets further development.

Forget the Theo comp, we got screwed on this issue long ago.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Way too much for Garza IMO...I think Theo would want Kalish in that trade...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Doubt organization's scouts are telling the FO that Anthony Ranaudo or Doubront will not be ready and productive at the ML level.  Obviously the Red Sox can trade Lars Anderson as Lars is at least behind Adrian Gonzalez and Kevin Youkilis on the depth chart.  The Red Sox starting rotation may have changed significantly with the acquisition of Melancon and Andrew Bailey, the Red Sox can afford to give Alfredo Aceves and Daniel Bard the opportunity to start.  The Red Sox also expect DiceK to be available to start by mid sesaon.  I always liked Matt Garza, but to overpay for him with the Red Sox now in maybe a better position than some thought after Jonathan Papelbon signed with the Phillies, to pay with pitching for Matt Garza might not be a smart move.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

trade beckett and theo for garza and a prospect...we save 8 mil a year and get rid of a problem child..im also willing to bet that Garza and Beckett have similar numbers in 2012...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Garza isn't worth all those young players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

not a chance that trade happens

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why these people hate Beckett so badly?  I would take Beckett over Garza at any day at any time!!!!!!

Beckett is never going to be traded!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Would Ranuado, Lars Anderson and Doubront be enought to get Garza?:
    Why these people hate Beckett so badly?  I would take Beckett over Garza at any day at any time!!!!!! Beckett is never going to be traded!!!!!!
    Posted by GoUconn13

not everyone hates Beckett...

people who love Beckett:

John Lackey
    his mom
    Popeye's chicken delivery man
    Package store delivery man ( aka Longhorn Express)
    His agent

welcome to the club UCONN!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

In Response to Re: Would Ranuado, Lars Anderson and Doubront be enought to get Garza?:
    trade beckett and theo for garza and a prospect...we save 8 mil a year and get rid of a problem child..im also willing to bet that Garza and Beckett have similar numbers in 2012...
    Posted by georom4

tHANKS I NEEDED A GOOD LAUGH THIS MORNING.KEEP THE FUNNY POST A COMING.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm an advocate for trading Kalish to the Cubbies in exchange for Garza. The only thing theo hasn't done for the advancement of Kalish is ask him to marry him. After waiting for 4 years Kalish has done nothing except get one injury after another. In any case he will not beat out Sweeney for the RF job,so trade him to his Uncle Theo and get a serviceable pitcher in return. Also for those who are still waiting for the Kalish train too arrive forget it he'll be passed organizationally by Brentz after this season and Hazelbaker and Bradley are in line for the CF job after Ellsbury takes the money and runs!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Garza isn't worth all those young players.
    Posted by seannybboi

-  Lars Anderson is no more than a AAA player.

-  Ranuado is 3 years away.

-  Doubront has injury history.

Theo knows all of this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Too much to give up, yet not enough to land him.  I would expect Theo to want at least one major league experienced person in a trade for a bona fide starter.  And he will get it if he wants that.

To be honest, the only deal on this thread that is attractive to BOTH sides is the Beckett and prospect for Theo and Garza.  Beckett would give Chicago an ace with several years of control.  Garza, along with Lester, Buchholz and Bard would give the Sox a solid starting 4 (and a chance for Lester to step up and become the ace, finally).  Most importantly, it would give Cherington some breathing room, salary cap wise, to make another addition to the starting rotation.  Not saying it will happen, but this one idea has both sides getting something they might want.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Gerom4...your turning into the softy version for Beckett

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Gerom4...your turning into the softy version for Beckett
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

CTRED, do you really think once hot stove is over I will be rooting against Beckett if he stays????

i disliked francona as a manager much more than beckett as a player...josh is excellent at times...but his shelf life is up...i know it, he knows it, bobby v knows it, ben im betting knows it, but BDC is always a day late and a buck fifty short...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

No I don't......point taken. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

ANDREW MITCH WAS 100% correct about the Beckett signing...i give him props...I, like the rest of the sheep, lauded Theo for locking him up until 2086

arggghhhh!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I, too, thought the extension for Beckett was a good idea.  And I am certainly no softlaw on Beckett.  But if Ben can get Garza and a prospect (to replace the 19-year old pitcher he just traded away) for Beckett, I think for a lot of reasons it would be a great idea.  Not the least of which is that Ben would then have the money to sign Oswalt or Kuroda as the 5th man in the rotation without going over the tax threshold, giving the Sox a very solid rotation, a deep and solid bullpen (assuming Aceves becomes the Tim Wakefield of the 2012 club) and only one job left to do...find a RHed bat to platoon in RF.

Sections
Shortcuts