Would somebody PLEASE kick this team in the A**!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

Re: Would somebody PLEASE kick this team in the A**!

I also noticed this. its like one day Agon said. Im still going to hit for average and drive in some runs but I will only hit singles

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I count 2 wins and 3 losses since Crawbury was split up;
    against weak N.L. teams no less.  Most at home.

During that time: AGONE: 12-23 (.480!)
                               Youk:   9-19 (.474!)
                              Papi:     3-16 (.188)

Total: 24-58 (.414) 28 total bases over 5 contests.

Now look at Crawbury split up:
    CC on DL.
    Jake: 5-21 (.238)

In the wins:
    Jake: 3-9 (.333) w/2 BB's
    In the losses: 2-12 (.167) w/2 BB's

As goes CRAWBURY, so goes the team.
    Same thing for April.
    Same thing for May.
    Same thing for June.

CRAWBURY is often already inscoring position. It doesn't take massive slugging numbers to drive them home. In two of the three losses, one was by a run. The other: two runs. CRAWBURY  impacts  close games.

The team slugged their way to 2 wins. They were anemic in the 3 losses because their offense was station-to-station one dimensional.

Softy: Knock off the AGONE/PAPI/YOUK nonsense.
    The offense is in full gear when CRAWBURY clicks.
    Otherwise, the "big three" can be minimized and pitched around.
    It takes both elements for this team to fire on all 8's...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

During that time: AGONE: 12-23 (.480!)
                               Youk:   9-19 (.474!)
                              Papi:     3-16 (.188)

Total: 24-58 (.414) 28 total bases over 5 contests.

It's about slugging, you moron! Not freakin' batting average!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now pay attention to what I  just posted, above, and knock off this Crawbust nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Would somebody PLEASE kick this team in the A**!:
    [QUOTE]During that time: AGONE: 12-23 (.480!)                            Youk:   9-19 (.474!)                           Papi:     3-16 (.188) Total: 24-58 (.414) 28 total bases over 5 contests. It's about slugging, you moron! Not freakin' batting average!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now pay attention to what I  just posted, above, and knock off this Crawbust nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

26 runs in two wins.
    6 runs in 3 losses.

It's not about slugging you moron!
    It's about sustaining a freakin' multi-dimensional offense.
    Now pay attention to what I just posted, above, and knock off this one-dimensional station-to-station slugging nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

The Sox will lose 60+ gms this yr. Their 6-9 offensive flaws are quite obvious when they play a NL team in the NL teams park.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Would somebody PLEASE kick this team in the A**!:
    [QUOTE]for God's sake! They are so matter of fact ! Show some emotion! show some heart!! first the Padres, now the freaking Pirates!
    Posted by jozee76[/QUOTE]

Ahhh Jozee,

So good to see your positive outlook.

Dadgummit if they looked dead from 2-10 to 44-28.

...  no spirit, no hope, bums.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would somebody PLEASE kick this team in the A**! : you know your baseball (unsarcastic appreciation). "Tito had it handed to him. I don't care if he managed in the NL, he was an idiot for not making the obvious lineup adjustment. Putting Pedroia in the 5 hole would have put a 1.048 OPS v LHP in the 5 hole. This would have put the Pirate starter into some serously higher stress level with one mistake to Pedroia and a gapper. With Mac and Cameron, seldom used and scuffing at the plate, putting them in the 5 and 6 hole is tantamount to manager malpractice! obvous point one In addition, as another poster points out, he had to employ the double switch and get Reddick and Ortiz in sooner and/or higher up with RISP in the middle part of the game. It's all about percentages. oh my god, how stupid tito is here. very obvious point 2. Having Varitek move the runners up, with no outs, was the correct play. But, had Pedroia been in the 5 spot, at that point, one on, if the Pirates call for the righty to turn Varitek around, then Reddick or Drew could have pinch hit for Varitek, followed by Ortiz pinch hitting for Cameron's spot. Likely worse case, one run to put the pressure on the Pirates closer. Drew or Reddick can pinch hit for the 9th spot. tito was in the nl, but forgot how to manage an nl game. Tito's good on keeping his players happy and restoring confidence after the struggles, but he's a poor game manager who is very scared to play his cards until the very end of the game. put some exclamatins on that. you are absoultely right!!!  He's also very poor at putting his players in the right spots and matchups when making out lineups against pitchers. Many times, the tipping point comes in the middle innings, especially in NL ball. A good mangers admits his mistakes and isn't scared to make adjustments. A bad one rationalizes the mistakes and tries to keep the upper hand by sticking to his guns. Tonight's lineup decision was an embarrassing mistake, even if Mac or Cameron happened to launch one. The odds of that happening were too small to validate the decision, even if it "worked" one time. NL ball is about good defense, punch and judy, small ball, one slugger, maybe, and good pitching to pitch around a slugger or two and mow through lineups that have slugging holes from the 5 spot on. Ellsbury would have a higher value in punch and judy NL ball. Since it's clear that Tito doesn't have a clue in setting a lineup card and managing the NL game without the DH, he needs to stick AGon in RF, tell him to play closer to the line and not to sprint or dive for balls hit in his area. Ellsbury and Reddick should be shaded towards RF to cover some of the gap near AGon. The large gap will be down the LF line, but Reddick and Ellsbury have the speed to cover the gaps as well as can be expected. or we need 2 managers. one to make them feel good, tito. one who can actually manage a game. i am totally serious. either that or get a manager who can do both well (less preferable at this point as the reposne by the team might be to play better or go in the other direction) Here is the lineup, Tito, so please read it as I know what I'm doing (you can't start and stick the bench guys who haven't played much in these new places cold and rusty):" agreed . peace
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

If red was toilet paper, we could all take a huge dump and have plenty leftover ....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Seeing red on my toilet paper is no laughing matter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

:op

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

OTOH: Seeing Softlaw turning red - or becoming Red - is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Bellsbury got on base early and made the offense go. Unless Agon, Ortiz and Youk are hitting, the offense won't "go". They make the offense go, not Crawbury. 
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

Ellsbury is the table-setter for the top of the lineup. 53 runs, 38rbi 24sb so far..Gonzo, you, Papi are supposed to be the run-producers. before CC got hurt he had solid numbers for May/June and was the table-setter for the bottom of the lineup..They BOTH have their jobs in scoring/Driving in runs.. Gonzo would not be leading the league in RBI if Ellsbury wasn't on as much as he is when Gonzo is AB. BOTH are important in scoring runs. To say that Craw-bury doesn't help the offense go is ludicrous.They ARE a part of it as much as the sluggers are..each have their role..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]OTOH: Seeing Softlaw turning red - or becoming Red - is.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Gives a dark shading to the phrase "paint the town red...."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would somebody PLEASE kick this team in the A**! : PS; Unlike you, I actually hold them up to a little scrutiny! Just a little.....
    Posted by jozee76[/QUOTE]

You win some, you lose some..The Pirates, like the Padres, have some good pitching..in the last 20 games this team is 14-6..Ill take that..They are going to lose and maybe to teams that they "should" beat..it happens..dont bust a blood vessel in your brain over it..Havent seen you here before..and with over 1000 posts youd think I would have over the last couple months..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yeah S.Y., but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0LrW9GWUQ0&feature=related

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox will lose 60+ gms this yr. Their 6-9 offensive flaws are quite obvious when they play a NL team in the NL teams park.  
    Posted by MarylandFan[/QUOTE]

Ill take 60 losses..that meas 102 wins...Its true that their RH bats are doing absolutely NOTHING this year,, Theo will be active at the deadline in aquiring a multi-position player like a Jeff baker type who plays IF and OF and Bats right with a 320+ avg this year..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Redemption seems possible ....

"Red is colour I'd choose
    Deepest red on a sky of deepest blue
    It don't matter now if I should win
    If I should win or lose
    'cos red is colour I'd choose
    If I waste my time away waiting just for you
    I don't care what others say
    'cos baby I just love, love what you do"

even for red .... thanks for sharing, friend! 

Time to dream

To sleep, perchance to dream ...

as soon as I finish my fritata ....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would somebody PLEASE kick this team in the A**! : So when they won nine in a row earlier this month, three coming in Yankee Stadium ... zero emotion and heart then?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Huge heart! Huge heart! The last 4 games, not much!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would somebody PLEASE kick this team in the A**! : Not BS.  Truth.  You only show up here to complain.  That was my point.  Plain and simple. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

Your truth is my BS, or is it my truth is your BS, I don't know, It's honestly not complaining, it's simple frustration! Cameron? Mcdonald? Drew? Lackey? All frustrating! And by the way I do post when they win.............

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Would somebody PLEASE kick this team in the A**! : Ahhh Jozee,   So good to see your positive outlook.   Dadgummit if they looked dead from 2-10 to 44-28.   ...  no spirit, no hope, bums.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Tons of hope! Also tons of frustration!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Need to remember that the N.L. has narrowed the talent gap with the A.L. They are not so easy to beat any more.  N.L. has been holding their own in inter league play this year. We saw how the Padres can close out with Adams and Bell. Last night , Hanrahan looked every bit as good as Paps. The days of just slapping the N.L. teams around would seem to be over. Also, the Sox are not a team without flaws. With no D.H. and no Crawford, you can see how thin out lineup becomes. So, it is not at all shocking that they are having more problems with inter league this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

[QUOTE]Need to remember that the N.L. has narrowed the talent gap with the A.L. They are not so easy to beat any more.  N.L. has been holding their own in inter league play this year. We saw how the Padres can close out with Adams and Bell. Last night , Hanrahan looked every bit as good as Paps. The days of just slapping the N.L. teams around would seem to be over. Also, the Sox are not a team without flaws. With no D.H. and no Crawford, you can see how thin out lineup becomes. So, it is not at all shocking that they are having more problems with inter league this year.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    I guess! Just frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Frustrated and not too smart either.  See my OP under The Danger.  I saw this coming. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

This teram is 1-31 when trailing after the th inning which is bad. You cannot nkeep losing games to the Padres and Pirates. These are give me games that you have to win or at least win the series. When you look back at the end of the season these are the games you have to pick up. Bad road trip.
    Anybody have any idea wht the real deal is with Beckett. I never believe this team when the detail injury reports.
    I think they have to pick up another pitcher and they have gotten the most they are going to get out of Wakefield. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

[QUOTE]Frustrated and not too smart either.  See my OP under The Danger.  I saw this coming. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Wow YOU must be weaaly smart....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]This teram is 1-31 when trailing after the th inning which is bad. You cannot nkeep losing games to the Padres and Pirates. These are give me games that you have to win or at least win the series. When you look back at the end of the season these are the games you have to pick up. Bad road trip. Anybody have any idea wht the real deal is with Beckett. I never believe this team when the detail injury reports. I think they have to pick up another pitcher and they have gotten the most they are going to get out of Wakefield
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Duly noted. I'll remember this one.