Would somebody PLEASE kick this team in the A**!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Re: Would somebody PLEASE kick this team in the A**!

They ARE a part of it as much as the sluggers are..each have their role..

No they are not! An OBP of .300 vs. .369 isn't what makes the offense goes. The offense goes everytime 2 of the 3 middle sluggers are on in any game!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Like AGONE/YOUK .400 BA in the last 6 games...the ones w/o CRAWBURY... the ones where they are now 2 - 4.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Stop listing BA for slugging, you moron! The 5 hitters isn't even playing! And the team is losing! Idiot!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Would somebody PLEASE kick this team in the A**!:
    [QUOTE]Stop listing BA for slugging, you moron! The 5 hitters isn't even playing! And the team is losing! Idiot!
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

Oh my. Such bullying. I guess guys like Carew and Boggs were worthless.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I guess! Just frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I feel you man - it's rough being in first place in the AL East. After all, if the season ended today, we'd be right in the middle of the playoff action. That would really blow!

Here's a tip: enjoy the team when they're up, and roll with it when they're down. Yes it is never fun to lose. I find nothing beats a tough loss like taking the dog for a walk or playing a game of catch with the kids. Try it sometime instead of posting here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

We don't have anyone like Carew and Boggs, not that they would carry an AL East offense the way AGon, Ortiz and Youk must do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]I also noticed this. its like one day Agon said. Im still going to hit for average and drive in some runs but I will only hit singles
    Posted by redsoxlaxer12[/QUOTE]

i noticed the penchant better dead speaks of about agon and mentioned it and got blasted off the site.

laxer very good humor. made me smile

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would somebody PLEASE kick this team in the A**! : Ellsbury is the table-setter for the top of the lineup. 53 runs, 38rbi 24sb so far..Gonzo, you, Papi are supposed to be the run-producers. before CC got hurt he had solid numbers for May/June and was the table-setter for the bottom of the lineup..They BOTH have their jobs in scoring/Driving in runs.. Gonzo would not be leading the league in RBI if Ellsbury wasn't on as much as he is when Gonzo is AB. BOTH are important in scoring runs. To say that Craw-bury doesn't help the offense go is ludicrous.They ARE a part of it as much as the sluggers are..each have their role..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

i havent seen the box score for today yet, just getting in.
    re our losses lately, it seems to me aside from the pitching allowing 4-5 runs a game, we are losing due to failing to convert in the clutch, with runners in scoring position. and our manager cant manage his way out of a paper bag. good  guy mind you and keeps players happy (we just need a guy behind the scenes to actually manage the game decisions and be the bad cop when its needed).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would somebody PLEASE kick this team in the A**! : Ellsbury is the table-setter for the top of the lineup. 53 runs, 38rbi 24sb so far..Gonzo, you, Papi are supposed to be the run-producers. before CC got hurt he had solid numbers for May/June and was the table-setter for the bottom of the lineup..They BOTH have their jobs in scoring/Driving in runs.. Gonzo would not be leading the league in RBI if Ellsbury wasn't on as much as he is when Gonzo is AB. BOTH are important in scoring runs. To say that Craw-bury doesn't help the offense go is ludicrous.They ARE a part of it as much as the sluggers are..each have their role..

agreed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would somebody PLEASE kick this team in the A**! : Ill take 60 losses..that meas 102 wins...Its true that their RH bats are doing absolutely NOTHING this year,, Theo will be active at the deadline in aquiring a multi-position player like a Jeff baker type who plays IF and OF and Bats right with a 320+ avg this year..

that wouldnt hurt.
    whats with papis sudden anemic hitting?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would somebody PLEASE kick this team in the A**! : Tons of hope! Also tons of frustration!
    Posted by jozee76[/QUOTE]

i totally hear ya.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Need to remember that the N.L. has narrowed the talent gap with the A.L. They are not so easy to beat any more.  N.L. has been holding their own in inter league play this year. We saw how the Padres can close out with Adams and Bell. Last night , Hanrahan looked every bit as good as Paps. The days of just slapping the N.L. teams around would seem to be over. Also, the Sox are not a team without flaws. With no D.H. and no Crawford, you can see how thin out lineup becomes. So, it is not at all shocking that they are having more problems with inter league this year.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

"Need to remember that the N.L. has narrowed the talent gap with the A.L."

seems to be a lot about pitching. they are, we arent.
    their pitchers are beating our hitters and our pitchers are not beating their hitters.

and we're out managed on game day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Stop listing BA for slugging, you moron! The 5 hitters isn't even playing! And the team is losing! Idiot!
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

christ whats with all the hostility. cant we just offer thoughts and emotion about our team without bashing each other. its ugly and unnecessary.

if theres disagreement. great. it's what makes the world go round. and how people learn.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]" I guess! Just frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I feel you man - it's rough being in first place in the AL East. After all, if the season ended today, we'd be right in the middle of the playoff action. That would really blow! Here's a tip: enjoy the team when they're up, and roll with it when they're down. Yes it is never fun to lose. I find nothing beats a tough loss like taking the dog for a walk or playing a game of catch with the kids. Try it sometime instead of posting here.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

good suggestions except for the last part. being a sports fans is all about sharing thoughts and feelings. there is no need to criticize anothers feelings. they're feelings. no ones feelings are wrong. and they are better expressed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Yep.  They absolutely miss Crawford.  I just started a thread about how the Sox miss Crawford in the lineup.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

[QUOTE]" I guess! Just frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I feel you man - it's rough being in first place in the AL East. After all, if the season ended today, we'd be right in the middle of the playoff action. That would really blow! Here's a tip: enjoy the team when they're up, and roll with it when they're down. Yes it is never fun to lose. I find nothing beats a tough loss like taking the dog for a walk or playing a game of catch with the kids. Try it sometime instead of posting here.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Wow! Now you can't even get frustrated. Boy are you guys a bunch of nice guys!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]I mean it's Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh for God's sake!!!!! They su#K!

This is simply unreal.  Where to start?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

You realize they are 15 and 6 for month of June?

That's a winning percentage of 715.

A 715 winning percentage for the month of June and people think the team needs to be kicked in the a55.

They swept Oakland, the Yankees, and Toronto and took 2 out of 3 from Tampa and Milwaukee.  they hit a rough patch where they only take 1 of 3 from 2 NL teams and they need to be kicked in the a55.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

" I guess! Just frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I feel you man - it's rough being in first place in the AL East. After all, if the season ended today, we'd be right in the middle of the playoff action. That would really blow! Here's a tip: enjoy the team when they're up, and roll with it when they're down. Yes it is never fun to lose. I find nothing beats a tough loss like taking the dog for a walk or playing a game of catch with the kids. Try it sometime instead of posting here.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would somebody PLEASE kick this team in the A**! : Wow! Now you can't even get frustrated. Boy are you guys a bunch of nice guys!

I don't if it has anything to do with being a nice guy.  It's about putting a baseball game and team in perspective.  Some would call it sanity.