Would the Marlins agree to

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Would the Marlins agree to

RS farm cream of the crop Barnes, Bogaerts and Cechini for Stanton and Johnson?

RS would have control of Johnson a full 2 years to evaluate and potential to sign to an extension. Stanton control is thru 2017.

Opening day:

Ellsbury

Pedroia

Stanton

Ortiz

Middlebrooks

Ross/Kalish

Salty

Sands

Iglesias

Starting 5

Johnson

Lester

Bucholz

Lackey

Doubrant/Morales/De La Rosa

Bullpen

Padilla/Aceves/Bard/Bailey

Is this team assuming health the favorite to win the AL East?

RS maintain complete financial flexability to pursue 1B or C needs/resign Johnson if warranted. 

Would the Marlins do this deal?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Would the Marlins agree to

No, but maybe they'd take Lackey, Iggy, Aceves, and Morales for Reyes and Johnson. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

No and No

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

seanny

Your insight on the topic is incredible

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

I got a good friend in Cleveland...  big baseball nut like me.  Word out of Cleve(talk radio) is Sox are pursuing Choo & Masterson for a combination of our young farm talents. 

Then signing Adam LaRoche as a FA to play 1B.  

AZ looking for wayyyy  too much for Upton. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

I got a good friend in Cleveland...  big baseball nut like me.  Word out of Cleve(talk radio) is Sox are pursuing Choo & Masterson for a combination of our young farm talents. 

whats the sense of giving up prospects for 1 year of Choo who has Boras as his agent? Comparing WAR for Choo and Ells, Choo is seemingly in Boras view the same cost level as Ellsbury.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

That word has been flying around everywhere for the past few days!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

no!!

Johnson for a couple mid-prospects makes sense!!!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Right. Then they will trade Choo and Masterson to Detroit for Vmart and Porcello, and deal LaRoche to Cleveland for Kotchman!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

RS farm cream of the crop Barnes, Bogaerts and Cechini for Stanton and Johnson?

RS would have control of Johnson a full 2 years to evaluate and potential to sign to an extension. Stanton control is thru 2017.

Opening day:

Ellsbury

Pedroia

Stanton

Ortiz

Middlebrooks

Ross/Kalish

Salty

Sands

Iglesias

Starting 5

Johnson

Lester

Bucholz

Lackey

Doubrant/Morales/De La Rosa

Bullpen

Padilla/Aceves/Bard/Bailey

Is this team assuming health the favorite to win the AL East?

RS maintain complete financial flexability to pursue 1B or C needs/resign Johnson if warranted. 

Would the Marlins do this deal?  

I think if you want the Stanton and Johnson to happen go with Tazawa, Aceves, Cecchini, Bogaerts and Pimental .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

What makes anyone think the Marlins would trade Giancarlo Stanton? The kid is the next big HR hitter in MLB. Hit 37 bombs last year in only 123 games. Will probably hit 50+ in next yr or 2. Is only 23 yrs old and made only 480,000 last year. Someone explain to me why the Marlins would consider something that makes absolutely no sense at all. If someone believes he's available I have some waterfront property for sale.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

What makes anyone think the Marlins would trade Giancarlo Stanton? The kid is the next big HR hitter in MLB. Hit 37 bombs last year in only 123 games. Will probably hit 50+ in next yr or 2. Is only 23 yrs old and made only 480,000 last year. Someone explain to me why the Marlins would consider something that makes absolutely no sense at all. If someone believes he's available I have some waterfront property for sale.

He is the Marlins only true asset after Johnson. ( I don't consider Reyes an asset at his salary). If the Marlins are in rebuild mode and can turn Stanton into 3-4 additional assets, they might have interest. Surely the Marlins would be interested in salary certainty with Stanton, and to buy out free agency years most likely will cost in the vicinity of 5/$75 or 6/$90. Do they want to do this?

or would they prefer to start over and rid themselves of BuerhLE or Johnson and Stanton to affordable rebuild. 

Trading one of these 2 pitchers and Stanton could save $30 million next year. The return of Bogaerts and Barnes along with Cechini gives them a great foundation to move forward, and a lot of financial flexibility when these 3 are major league ready

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I wouldnt do that trade...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I await softlaw to come here and school you all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

sds

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

3 way trade:

Sox send Bogaerts, Cecchini, Brentz, Ells, Barnes or lester, Iggy and Aceves

Marlins send to the Sox: Stanton, Reyes, Buehrle.

The Rangers send: Andrus, Holland and Cruz to the Marlins

I don't know who goes to the Marlins or the Rangers but I would take Stanton, Reyes and Buehrle.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Stanton is 23, a stud, and controllable for a few years at cheap money. Nothing short of a few STUD prospects would get him alone, and even then...I don't see the marlins moving him. You'd seriously need a pitcher like David Price for them to consider it. Maybe Clayton Kershaw.

I've always liked Josh Johnson, but it seems MIA is asking too much for a guy who just can't stay healthy for longer than a few months.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

seems I was on this trade 5 days ago and the RS and Jays were right in the middle of it

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Today we seem to be talking Stanton--could we parlay Stanton,LoMo and Nolasco or perhaps the recently acquired Alvarez and a catcher for

Doubie, Lavarnway, Boggie, Aceves, Linares, Brentz and Webster---all cost controlled guys.

Sections
Shortcuts