Would Theo trade Junior Lake? (Bogy type Stats)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Would Theo trade Junior Lake? (Bogy type Stats)

The young 23 year old RHH OF'r had a very similar 1rst year to Bogy and also needs to mature a bit on defense but it's hard ignore some very glaring splits. 

Overall he had a very solid year... In 236 AB's he had a 284BA, .332 OBP, 428 SLG and .760 OPS.  He is also not Arb eligible until 2017 and doesn't become a FA until 2020.

Against Lefties - .377 OBP with a .956 OPS

Against Righties - .251 OBP with a .692 OPS

Might be worth inquiring about at the very least.  Theo knows our farm and may just have some interest if we do in Junior.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Would Theo trade Junior Lake? (Bogy type Stats)

unlikely. Theo is currently STOCKPILING farm talent, not giving it away.

he has been signing marginal talent and then flipping them at the deadline for prospects. i don't see him changing his strategy anytime soon. Maybe he will begin to sell off prospects if the Cubs ever become relevent again. as it stands right now though, Theo is not getting rid of ANY farm hands.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The young 23 year old RHH OF'r had a very similar 1rst year to Bogy and also needs to mature a bit on defense but it's hard ignore some very glaring splits. 

Overall he had a very solid year... In 236 AB's he had a 284BA, .332 OBP, 428 SLG and .760 OPS.  He is also not Arb eligible until 2017 and doesn't become a FA until 2020.

Might be worth inquiring about at the very least

[/QUOTE]

looks like he has some speed too... good stolen base numbers

can he man all three outfield positions? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

unlikely. Theo is currently STOCKPILING farm talent, not giving it away.

he has been signing marginal talent and then flipping them at the deadline for prospects. i don't see him changing his strategy anytime soon. Maybe he will begin to sell off prospects if the Cubs ever become relevent again. as it stands right now though, Theo is not getting rid of ANY farm hands.

[/QUOTE]

A good GM will always entertain trading prospects for other prospects they may have more interest in.  It all depends on the needs of each club and we could always use another good young OF prospect who may end up killing lefties.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Might be worth inquiring about at the very least

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not bad but still work in progress like Bogy and most rookies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In his minor league career, Junior Lake has played shortstop in 418 games, thirdbase in 93 games, secondbase in 83 games, firstbase in two games and rightfield in six games, all in 2013:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=lake--001jun

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

In his minor league career, Junior Lake has played shortstop in 418 games, thirdbase in 93 games, secondbase in 83 games, firstbase in two games and rightfield in six games, all in 2014:

May be even a better fit when you think about it but I didn't know that hill thanks.  He may be even more versatile than I thought if he can play them all pretty well and continues to mature.  If last year was his first sample in the OF I like him even more.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Junior Lake is NOT like Bogaerts.  

His minor league numbers are PCL-inflated,  and he has no real position. His 4:1 K:BB ratio in the minors shows he is more like Middlebrooks but without the power than he is like Bogaerts.

He will have a career likely as a super-sub type.  

So yes, Chicago will trade him.  The question remains, why do you want him?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Junior Lake is NOT like Bogaerts.  

His minor league numbers are PCL-inflated,  and he has no real position. His 4:1 K:BB ratio in the minors shows he is more like Middlebrooks but without the power than he is like Bogaerts.

He will have a career likely as a super-sub type.  

So yes, Chicago will trade him.  The question remains, why do you want him?

You can't predict his future from that Notin, or say he wouldn't have a position if he has played so many in his young career.  You may as well predict Bogy and Middy will be sub par as well, not too mention maybe less versatile.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Actually it is usually a good indicator that a player will not hold a position if he switches so often.  There are reasons he got bounced around

Lake also showed misleading power numbers with an early homer not streak.  He might not be the hitter you think he is.  He's one of those guys teams call up while the real prospects develop.

He is not completely hopeless,  but I doubt the Cubs figure him in the future either.  He coild be had.  The trick is to not overpay...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Actually it is usually a good indicator that a player will not hold a position if he switches so often.  There are reasons he got bounced around

Lake also showed misleading power numbers with an early homer not streak.  He might not be the hitter you think he is.  He's one of those guys teams call up while the real prospects develop.

He is not completely hopeless,  but I doubt the Cubs figure him in the future either.  He coild be had.  The trick is to not overpay...

I think Middy has had enough of a sample to make a prediction on what his future could be like and he is a few years older. 

At 23, Lake had some pretty outstanding (Bogy like) Stats against lefties so I'm not so quick to call either of their success misleading.  JBJ has yet to show even a glimpse of hitting big league pitching outside of make shift ST lineups so couldn't his numbers also be misleading like Lav?  

Some fans are still predicting JBJ should start which I find pretty amusing at the moment only because of what Jacob'y accomplished for the team. When Jacoby got his shot after the Coco benching it was clear he was ready, while also being a pretty good leadoff hitter. 

I like JBJ but just don't see 92 runs, 50SB's and a 300 average being repalced by this kid anytime soon so he will need help from someone in a platoon role.  Thats why I brought up Lakes name.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

You can't predict his future from that Notin, or say he wouldn't have a position if he has played so many in his young career.  You may as well predict Bogy and Middy will be sub par as well, not too mention maybe less versatile.

Yeah, you kind of can make predictions from past production.  Minor league .732 OPS, with a 579/146 K/W usually means you can't hit.

An error rate of 1E/3GS equates to about 56-57 errors a year at SS.  2B equates to about 54 errors a year.  Not a top-100 prospect.  70% SB rate is maybe okay.

I don't like writing anyone off, but there are plenty of guys in our organization with better prospects.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Yeah, you kind of can make predictions from past production.  Minor league .732 OPS, with a 579/146 K/W usually means you can't hit.

An error rate of 1E/3GS equates to about 56-57 errors a year at SS.  2B equates to about 54 errors a year.  Not a top-100 prospect.  70% SB rate is maybe okay.

I don't like writing anyone off, but there are plenty of guys in our organization with better prospects.

Fair enough guys, you feel minor league numbers dictate a players future and I completely disagree so lets compare Middy, JBJ, Bogy and Lakes Stats at the the end of next season.  

Every year our organization has a young prospect or two everyone gloats over because of the hype but the reality is very few in recent years have impacted our lineup in any way or since been traded.  I'm not a big fan of Baseball America and other sources that base their predictions and rankings on past experience at the lower levels.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In his minor league career, Junior Lake has played shortstop in 418 games, thirdbase in 93 games, secondbase in 83 games, firstbase in two games and rightfield in six games, all in 2013:

[/QUOTE]

I like him more now... good trade proposal.  The cubbies have a lot of needs and Theo drafted half of our farm so he knows what he likes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So he is what Lavarnway is to us... I think we found the first piece.  Second piece could be Stephen Wright.  Theo does love the knucklers. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

[QUOTE]

I think Middy has had enough of a sample to make a prediction on what his future could be like and he is a few years older. 

At 23, Lake had some pretty outstanding (Bogy like) Stats against lefties so I'm not so quick to call either of their success misleading.  JBJ has yet to show even a glimpse of hitting big league pitching outside of make shift ST lineups so couldn't his numbers also be misleading like Lav?  

Some fans are still predicting JBJ should start which I find pretty amusing at the moment only because of what Jacob'y accomplished for the team. When Jacoby got his shot after the Coco benching it was clear he was ready, while also being a pretty good leadoff hitter. 

I like JBJ but just don't see 92 runs, 50SB's and a 300 average being repalced by this kid anytime soon so he will need help from someone in a platoon role.  Thats why I brought up Lakes name.

[/QUOTE]

I like that line of thinking craze.  I also like that he can play short because we really don't have anyone to backup Xander right now. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So Holt would be a better option joey?  I just want this team to cut down players from the 40 man with a little bit in return. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So Holt would be a better option joey?  I just want this team to cut down players from the 40 man with a little bit in return. 

[/QUOTE]

The problem is that he can't play SS, so he isn't really a comparison to Holt.  He has 143 errors in 413 minor league games at SS.  That's a staggering amount of errors.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough guys, you feel minor league numbers dictate a players future and I completely disagree so lets compare Middy, JBJ, Bogy and Lakes Stats at the the end of next season.  

Every year our organization has a young prospect or two everyone gloats over because of the hype but the reality is very few in recent years have impacted our lineup in any way or since been traded.  I'm not a big fan of Baseball America and other sources that base their predictions and rankings on past experience at the lower levels.

[/QUOTE]

The intersting part is how you do not like Bogaerts' .943 Fldg pct at Ss in MiLB and then defend Lake and his .924 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

The intersting part is how you do not like Bogaerts' .943 Fldg pct at Ss in MiLB and then defend Lake and his .924 

notin,

Rookies very rarely come into the league with great fielding percentages and also tend to SO a bit.  I mentioned Lake as a possible platoon to help Bradley against lefties.  His OF fielding percentage last season was a combined .976 in the in the majors not .943  Also instead of playing CF Lake could slide over to RF where his percentage is a little higher and allow Victorino to play CF.  Being the fact he is alaso under team control through 2019 makes him even more intriuging and at a much lower cost.  It would be great to have two youngsters under the age of 23 in Bogy and Lake that destroy LHP.

JBJ is only at .983 in his small sample size in the majors.

Nava/Gomes in LF

Victorino/Bradley CF

Victorino/Lake in RF

Could cover our OF quite well offensively

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Lake is nothing special,  but if the goal is a versatile INF/OF type Jordany Valdespin is essentially the same player but is a free agent...

Sections
Shortcuts