Would this deal get Stanton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

Would this deal get Stanton?

Assuming the Sox sign one of the OF'ers that have been mentioned (Kemp, Either, Shoo, or Granderson), as well as Drew,  I think all of these guys are expendable.  But, would it be enough?

JBJ, Middlebrooks, (Nava or Gomes), Lavarnway, and a minor league pitcher.

Undestandably, we would have to probably deal Nava over Gomes.  We may even have to sweeten the deal by offering Vazquez or Swihart (we don't need both of them) over Lavarnway.  But, I would think that should get it done and not really hurt us.

JBJ would be expendable with the siging of another OF'er and the addition of Stanton.  Middlebrooks would be expendable with Gecchini(sp) just around the corner.  We can put Xander and Drew on the left side of our infield for the upcoming year.  We don't need 2-3 catchers.  Then add a minor league pitcher and Nava or Gomes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Re: Would this deal get Stanton?

In response to sjddaj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Assuming the Sox sign one of the OF'ers that have been mentioned (Kemp, Either, Shoo, or Granderson), as well as Drew,  I think all of these guys are expendable.  But, would it be enough?

Undestandably, we would have to probably deal Nava over Gomes.  We may even have to sweeten the deal by offering Vazquez or Swihart (we don't need both of them) over Lavarnway.  But, I would think that should get it done and not really hurt us.

JBJ would be expendable with the siging of another OF'er and the addition of Stanton.  Middlebrooks would be expendable with Gecchini(sp) just around the corner.  We can put Xander and Drew on the left side of our infield for the upcoming year.  We don't need 2-3 catchers.  Then add a minor league pitcher and Nava or Gomes.

[/QUOTE]

no

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

If Stanton were on the table, don't you think somebody would have come around with a better offer than that?  What the Marlins do is they come in waves.  The tide is coming in, they spent money on Salty and they will build around Stanton for a push.  If they do well, they will sell off the team and start over... rinse repeat. 

They keep the cost controlled guys until they get over $5-10 million per year and then trade them.  Stanton is under $5 million this year, won't happen this year period.  Next year he could get up close to $10 million... we can speculate then when we know our situation.

Unless we send over a package that begins with Bogarts like we did Hanley, the deal isn't going anywhere.  Middlebrooks is a fringe major leaguer with no plate dicipline.  JBJ is a good but not great prospect that should have a productive career, but he isn't a blue chip.  Lava is our waste who has proven to be brutal behind the plate, much worse than Salty.  His power dissapeared the past two years and he has no value right now.

Gomes has no value to them, but Nava might.  He is a cost controlled player for years that can give good at bats... but he is most valuable to this team as our left field costs a combined $5.5 million and is top 3 in the league.  Vasquez is our catcher of the future, so he is off limits for why they signed a one year stop gap. 

All in all... the deal would have to start with Doubront and Xander to even have consideration.  To have consideration, one must have a seller.  We don't have a seller and they spent good money on a catcher so they are in spending mode... the fire sale has ended.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

WOW!   If 4 good prospects (Bradley Jr, Middlebooks, Vasquez or Swihart, and say DeLaRosa, Webster or Barnes) plus a solid guy in Nava wouldn't get it done, then why is he even talked about?  I would act like he wasn't even alive.  Forget about him.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

If Stanton is not available at all, well then fine.  I guess a lot of the other posters out there also have the mindset of "if" he was available.  However, ......

If Doubront was the pitcher, then fine.  If we go with Vasquez, fine.  Then Swihart, who is a good prospect, would be dealt.  I agree about Middlebrooks, but he is not a total waste and has some potential.  Then you also mentioned that Nava has some value as well. 

Okay then.  "IF" he was available:   JBJ, Middlebrooks, Swihart, Nava, and Doubront still wouldn't get it done?    True, Xander is not included here with Doubront.  But, 3 other prospects are plus a proven guy in Nava.   Forget about him then.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

WOW!   If 4 good prospects (Bradley Jr, Middlebooks, Vasquez or Swihart, and say DeLaRosa, Webster or Barnes) plus a solid guy in Nava wouldn't get it done, then why is he even talked about?  I would act like he wasn't even alive.  Forget about him.  

[/QUOTE]

greetings sjddaj

while that's a nice package

I got to go with RedSoxDOrtiz

if I'm the marlins I insist on bogarts

if not another team will most likey have a better package

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

Everybody is available--everybody is available. The question to ask the Marlins is :

"IF you were willing to trade Giancarlo who would  the Red Sox have to start the conversation with as far as players? Some of our faithful fans really like Giancarlo--"

The Marlins need to get your top 5 prospects and either Doubrount or Buchholz.

Top 5 prospects: Xander, the next Hanley, Cecchihi, Henry Owens , Matt Barnes and the catching prospect Vazquez. That will open the conversation. If you are not willing to start there don't call us we'll call you if the price goes gown." 

Target another Positional Player like Kemp, Ethier, Trumbo, Trout, Tulo, Puig, Cespedes,Jose Abreu, CarGo, or some of the good young Royals.

It's almost like some Big Rich Yankee fans  asking so how much would it take to get Xander or Pedroia or Lester or Ue---do you put a price on people you cherish and want to keep. If I have to trade them you will have to pay dearly because they are so important to our family to our Red Sox Nation. They mean a lot to us--"Yes everybody has a price."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Everybody is available--everybody is available. The question to ask the Marlins is :

"IF you were willing to trade Giancarlo who would  the Red Sox have to start the conversation with as far as players? Some of our faithful fans really like Giancarlo--"

The Marlins need to get your top 5 prospects and either Doubrount or Buchholz.

Top 5 prospects: Xander, the next Hanley, Cecchihi, Henry Owens , Matt Barnes and the catching prospect Vazquez. That will open the conversation. If you are not willing to start there don't call us we'll call you if the price goes gown." 

Target another Positional Player like Kemp, Ethier, Trumbo, Trout, Tulo, Puig, Cespedes,Jose Abreu, CarGo, or some of the good young Royals.

It's almost like some Big Rich Yankee fans  asking so how much would it take to get Xander or Pedroia or Lester or Ue---do you put a price on people you cherish and want to keep. If I have to trade them you will have to pay dearly because they are so important to our family to our Red Sox Nation. They mean a lot to us--"Yes everybody has a price."

[/QUOTE]

Give Choo a similar deal as Jacoby and keep all of our prospects.  The guy is more durable and his OBP is 40 points higher than Jacoby as a leadoff hitter.  He can also steal some bases and has some pop.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They would laugh so hard at that trade.  Who is the major league ready impact player of that bunch. JBJ? No. Middlebrooks? Absolutely no. Lavarnway? No.

Maybe if you threw in Cecchini, and two of their top pitching prospects.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Middlebooks isn't a prospect.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I would not give this, but here is what I think our offer would have to be without including Bogaerts:

Middlebrooks or Cecchini

JBJ or Betts

Swihart, Lava or Denny

Owens, Barnes or Ranaudo

Webster or de la Rosa

(Even this might not be enough.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

SLOW DOWN please !!!   If Stanton is that desireable, then Ben can explore, but don't give away the "BARN"  !!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

SLOW DOWN please !!!   If Stanton is that desireable, then Ben can explore, but don't give away the "BARN"  !!

No prospects involved just a contract Choo deserves more than Jacoby

Choo, Victorino and JBJ/Nava is perfect. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would not give this, but here is what I think our offer would have to be without including Bogaerts:

Middlebrooks or Cecchini

JBJ or Betts

Swihart, Lava or Denny

Owens, Barnes or Ranaudo

Webster or de la Rosa

[/QUOTE]

I think that you hit the nail on the head with respect to pitching being part of this imaginary package.

My guess would be WMB, Doubront, Workman, Nava, and one of Swihart/Vasquez. Marlins just signed Salty for three years. They won't want Lava but Swihart could insure a good progression at catcher for years to come. The other four that I have chosen could fill gaps immediately. 

Marlins will probably wait a year or two to deal him, but then again, I think Stanton had relatively higher value after last year than this year. Another year of injuries and his price may be impacted further (slightly).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to 808soxfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Middlebrooks or Cecchini

JBJ or Betts

Swihart, Lava or Denny

Owens, Barnes or Ranaudo

Webster or de la Rosa

[/QUOTE]

I think that you hit the nail on the head with respect to pitching being part of this imaginary package.

My guess would be WMB, Doubront, Workman, Nava, and one of Swihart/Vasquez. Marlins just signed Salty for three years. They won't want Lava but Swihart could insure a good progression at catcher for years to come. The other four that I have chosen could fill gaps immediately. 

Marlins will probably wait a year or two to deal him, but then again, I think Stanton had relatively higher value after last year than this year. Another year of injuries and his price may be impacted further (slightly).

[/QUOTE]

I think the Marlins would want players under team control longer and with more upside potential than Nava and Doubront. There is virtually no way they will win in 2014 or 2015, so they are probably looking at 2016 and beyond. They may prefer top minor league propsects like JBJ, Owens, and Cecchini over the likes of Nava, Doubront and WMB.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 808soxfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Middlebrooks or Cecchini

JBJ or Betts

Swihart, Lava or Denny

Owens, Barnes or Ranaudo

Webster or de la Rosa

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think the Marlins would want players under team control longer and with more upside potential than Nava and Doubront. There is virtually no way they will win in 2014 or 2015, so they are probably looking at 2016 and beyond. They may prefer top minor league propsects like JBJ, Owens, and Cecchini over the likes of Nava, Doubront and WMB.

[/QUOTE]

absolutely

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

If Marlins owner want Jenny Dell  also ...Do it......

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The conversation for Stanton begins with Florida demanding Xander Bogaerts....and then (hopefully) Ben C. hangs up the phone. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

It is not going to happen, but the Sox have the ammo to make a deal without Bogaerts.  That being said, it would not be worth their while:

Daniel Nava

Felix Doubront

Garin Cecchini

Henry Owens

PLUS 1 or even 2 of: Workman/Webster/De La Rosa/Ranaudo/Barnes

Even without Bogaerts, why would the Sox trade two strong contributors off the ML roster plus 3-4 of their top prospects - including their top 3, not named Xander?

Stanton is a really nice young player with incredible potential, but he is no Mike Trout.

For Mike Trout, I would empy the farm.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

It looks like the "Get Stanton" threads have officially replaced the "Get King Felix" threads. Cool

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would prefer a CFer and keep Victorino in RF.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It looks like the "Get Stanton" threads have officially replaced the "Get King Felix" threads. Cool

[/QUOTE]

think we might have a chance with Felix so they can save money having Cano now?  Laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would prefer a CFer and keep Victorino in RF.

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing... The Sox have said over and over again they want to keep Vic in RF, so why go out and spend a boat load of money on a guy who isnt at all a true CF in choo. I mean you could put him in left but then it brings you back to square one.