Would this deal get Stanton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Would this deal get Stanton?

quantity will NEVER replace quality in a trade for an impact bat like Giancarlo Stanton.  It's really hard to believe a scenario where Maimi doesn't take Bogaerts.

All our other top prospects, but none of them carry that high ceiling, potential impact bat that Bogaerts has.  Cecchini + Owens doesn't = Bogaerts.  It is conceivable that if Miami is high on a couple of our prospects that we could pair them up with some high ceiling guys that are further away.

Perhaps a Garrin Cecchini/Henry Ownens/Trey Ball/Manuel Margot gets them to the table.  But that is just wild speculation on the assumption that the Marlins are a team that view Owens as a potential #1#2 instead of a #3 #4.  In the end we have no idea what their evaluation of our farm is and how they like those guys....but I do know this almost any trade that is drafted up in here (mine including) to get Stanton is likely no realistic. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

quantity will NEVER replace quality in a trade for an impact bat like Giancarlo Stanton.  It's really hard to believe a scenario where Maimi doesn't take Bogaerts.

All our other top prospects, but none of them carry that high ceiling, potential impact bat that Bogaerts has.  Cecchini + Owens doesn't = Bogaerts.  It is conceivable that if Miami is high on a couple of our prospects that we could pair them up with some high ceiling guys that are further away.

Perhaps a Garrin Cecchini/Henry Ownens/Trey Ball/Manuel Margot gets them to the table.  But that is just wild speculation on the assumption that the Marlins are a team that view Owens as a potential #1#2 instead of a #3 #4.  In the end we have no idea what their evaluation of our farm is and how they like those guys....but I do know this almost any trade that is drafted up in here (mine including) to get Stanton is likely no realistic. 

Id say give the marlins the choice of any 5 prospects they want excluding Boggy, he is off limits.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

It looks like the "Get Stanton" threads have officially replaced the "Get King Felix" threads. Cool

HEY CARNIE!

cheers on the ring. i hope it was as good for you as it was for me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

Everybody is available--everybody is available. The question to ask the Marlins is :

"IF you were willing to trade Giancarlo who would  the Red Sox have to start the conversation with as far as players? Some of our faithful fans really like Giancarlo--"

The Marlins need to get your top 5 prospects and either Doubrount or Buchholz.

Top 5 prospects: Xander, the next Hanley, Cecchihi, Henry Owens , Matt Barnes and the catching prospect Vazquez. That will open the conversation. If you are not willing to start there don't call us we'll call you if the price goes gown." 

Target another Positional Player like Kemp, Ethier, Trumbo, Trout, Tulo, Puig, Cespedes,Jose Abreu, CarGo, or some of the good young Royals.

It's almost like some Big Rich Yankee fans  asking so how much would it take to get Xander or Pedroia or Lester or Ue---do you put a price on people you cherish and want to keep. If I have to trade them you will have to pay dearly because they are so important to our family to our Red Sox Nation. They mean a lot to us--"Yes everybody has a price."

Give Choo a similar deal as Jacoby and keep all of our prospects.  The guy is more durable and his OBP is 40 points higher than Jacoby as a leadoff hitter.  He can also steal some bases and has some pop.

He is 31.  He is not getting a seven year deal for 140million plus from Boston. Nooooooo waaaaaaay.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Id say give the marlins the choice of any 5 prospects they want excluding Boggy, he is off limits.

No way he is worth our top five prospects.  That is crazy talk. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

Everybody is available--everybody is available. The question to ask the Marlins is :

"IF you were willing to trade Giancarlo who would  the Red Sox have to start the conversation with as far as players? Some of our faithful fans really like Giancarlo--"

Top 5 prospects: Xander, the next Hanley, Cecchihi, Henry Owens , Matt Barnes and the catching prospect Vazquez. That will open the conversation. If you are not willing to start there don't call us we'll call you if the price goes gown." 

Target another Positional Player like Kemp, Ethier, Trumbo, Trout, Tulo, Puig, Cespedes,Jose Abreu, CarGo, or some of the good young Royals.

It's almost like some Big Rich Yankee fans  asking so how much would it take to get Xander or Pedroia or Lester or Ue---do you put a price on people you cherish and want to keep. If I have to trade them you will have to pay dearly because they are so important to our family to our Red Sox Nation. They mean a lot to us--"Yes everybody has a price."

Give Choo a similar deal as Jacoby and keep all of our prospects.  The guy is more durable and his OBP is 40 points higher than Jacoby as a leadoff hitter.  He can also steal some bases and has some pop.

He is 31.  He is not getting a seven year deal for 140million plus from Boston. Nooooooo waaaaaaay.

6/120 if that but I like the player just  can't see it happening 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

It looks like the "Get Stanton" threads have officially replaced the "Get King Felix" threads. Cool

Did you sleep thru the entire "Get AGon" era?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Sox didn't build the minor league system to just give away all of the chips for one guy, who hasn't exactly been unstopable. I don't endorse a trade for Stanton.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

i agree. if the sox were going to give out a long term big money deal to an OF'er they would have kept Jacoby.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

In response to Bigpapa1977's comment:

It is not going to happen, but the Sox have the ammo to make a deal without Bogaerts.  That being said, it would not be worth their while:

Daniel Nava

Felix Doubront

Garin Cecchini

Henry Owens

PLUS 1 or even 2 of: Workman/Webster/De La Rosa/Ranaudo/Barnes

Even without Bogaerts, why would the Sox trade two strong contributors off the ML roster plus 3-4 of their top prospects - including their top 3, not named Xander?

Stanton is a really nice young player with incredible potential, but he is no Mike Trout.

For Mike Trout, I would empy the farm.

My offer for Trout......

Jackie Bradley Jr.
    Garin Cecchini
    Allen Webster
    Matt Barnes
    Blake Swihart
    Mookie Betts
    Anthony Ranaudo
    Trey Ball
    Brandon Workman
    Rubby De La Rosa
    Deven Marrero
    Brian Johnson
    Bryce Brentz
    Ryan Lavarnway

However, Trout is probably close to 3 times more valuable then Stanton.

My offer for Stanton.....

Garin Cecchini
    Matt Barnes
    Blake Swihart
    Rubby De La Rosa
    Deven Marrero

If they said no to that type of deal you simply don't trade for Stanton.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to BMav's comment:

In response to Bigpapa1977's comment:

It is not going to happen, but the Sox have the ammo to make a deal without Bogaerts.  That being said, it would not be worth their while:

Daniel Nava

Felix Doubront

Garin Cecchini

Henry Owens

PLUS 1 or even 2 of: Workman/Webster/De La Rosa/Ranaudo/Barnes

Even without Bogaerts, why would the Sox trade two strong contributors off the ML roster plus 3-4 of their top prospects - including their top 3, not named Xander?

Stanton is a really nice young player with incredible potential, but he is no Mike Trout.

For Mike Trout, I would empy the farm.

My offer for Trout......

Jackie Bradley Jr.
    Garin Cecchini
    Allen Webster
    Matt Barnes
    Blake Swihart
    Mookie Betts
    Anthony Ranaudo
    Trey Ball
    Brandon Workman
    Rubby De La Rosa
    Deven Marrero
    Brian Johnson
    Bryce Brentz
    Ryan Lavarnway

However, Trout is probably close to 3 times more valuable then Stanton.

My offer for Stanton.....

Garin Cecchini
    Matt Barnes
    Blake Swihart
    Rubby De La Rosa
    Deven Marrero

If they said no to that type of deal you simply don't trade for Stanton.

The Marlins are telling anyone who will listen that Stanton isn't going anywhere this off season, and based on their activity so far, they aren't "bluffing."  Besides, Stanton's value isn't exactly at an all-time high right now.  If some things break right and they add a few more pieces, they could actually be competitive next year.  

Sections
Shortcuts