Would you do this trade? : felix doubront for miguel montero

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Would you do this trade? : felix doubront for miguel montero

felix doubront is pitching great in AAA right now and the dbacks could use starting pitching. Montero would be a significant upgrade over salty and would be our catcher for years to come. what do you guys think of this trade? there could be other minor pieces as well (i believe in the article i read that suggested this trade they had an outfielder from the dbacks going to the sox and alex hassan going to the dbacks in the trade as well.) I would be all for this trade unless theo can use doubront to land us an upgrade in rightfield to take over for drew. Though it would be tough to turn down that trade for montero. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

Re: Would you do this trade? : felix doubront for miguel montero

While he is no Jesus Montero, Miguel Montero is better than what you are putting out on a regular basis.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I suspect Arizona would want more than Felix Doubront (who is not even a BA Top 100 prospect) for their productive 27-year-old catcher who remains under the Diamondbacks' control through 2012. Arizona's backup catcher, Henry Blanco, turns 40 in August and the D-backs have no catcher among their top 10 prospects (although Konrad Schmidt is hitting well at Triple A Reno).

I don't see a fit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgtnull. Show sgtnull's posts

why would Arizona even consider that deal? they would then have to find an every day catcher.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Dumb thread.  Miguel Montero is turning out to be a pretty good catcher.  It's hard enough to get bad catchers via trade let alone good ones.  Besides, they need hitting more than anything.  If you started talking Ranaudo then maybe AZ would start listening but Doubront... no way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I agree. Not a chance this happens.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

What is a young promising catcher worth these days?

Can anyone imagine anyone making the Varitek and Lowe for Slocumb deal these days? 

Or even back then for that matter. 

-Daf. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

When SPC says something is a dumb thread, that pretty much says it all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I TALKED WITH THEO & TITO ON THIS, NO DICE UNLESS WE TRADED THEM THE DICE-MAN !!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I would do it..DBacks wont though...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

In Response to Re: Would you do this trade? : felix doubront for miguel montero:
    [QUOTE]While he is no Jesus Montero, Miguel Montero is better than what you are putting out on a regular basis.
    Posted by StatsFromLouie[/QUOTE]

You are 100% correct. Miguel Montero is an actual catcher, unlike Jesus.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

What's dumb is the fact that 40% voted no.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

The question was not whether the trade would happen in real life, but whether you would make it if given the chance.

Well, shoot.  Yeah.  Give the guy some room.

------

Dr. Peter Venkman: Alice, I'm going to ask you a couple of standard questions, okay? Have you or any of your family been diagnosed schizophrenic? Mentally incompetant?

Librarian Alice: My uncle thought he was Saint Jerome.

Venkman: I'd call that a big yes. Uh, are you habitually using drugs? Stimulants? Alcohol?

Alice: No.

Dr. Peter Venkman: No, no. Just asking. Are you, Alice, menstruating right now?

Library Administrator: What's has that got to do with it?

Venkman: Back off, man. I'm a scientist.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

i would do that deal in a second but arizona would laugh their you know what off. he is a good catcher who makes no money undercontrol for to long and dubruiont has elbow and shoulder issues  not going to happen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Remember when they offered Montero for Bowden..... oh what could have been. (strictly using hind-sight here of course).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Catching is VERY rare commodity, so as good of a chip as Felix is, I think it takes a lot more to pry away Montero.

This doesn't go without saying however that Montero is great, and I think he would be a nice fit and would excell in Boston 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Would you do this trade? : felix doubront for miguel montero:
    [QUOTE]felix doubront is pitching great in AAA right now and the dbacks could use starting pitching. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

That's funny, how does one pitch "really well" while they are on the DL?