Would you give Manny a second chance? " I want to show people that Manny can change, that he can do the right thing,"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: Would you give Manny a second chance? " I want to show people that Manny can change, that he can do the right thing,...

As one nano-second passes: No

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Would you give Manny a second chance? " I want to show people that Manny can change, that he can do the right thing,...

In Response to Would you give Manny a second chance? " I want to show people that Manny can change, that he can do the right thing,":
    [QUOTE]Manny Ramirez told ESPN's Pedro Gomez that he can be a role model if an MLB team gives him a chance.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

I watched an interview with Manny and he definitely seemed to be sincere.  I can't imagine him returning to the Red Sox, but believe that he may be able to help another team.  Just not sure how much he has left, but can see someone signing him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Hello Cubbies....??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I don't think Ben won't sign someone whom he already knows will miss first 50 games of the season.  As far as I've seen Ben doing his job, Ben's not the kind of GM to sign such contract with Manny. 

But I'm pretty sure Manny WILL be a big help in the lineup. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Second chance???? Really???

After quitting on Boston (Chance 1) and the Dodgers (chance 2) and getting nailed for illegal use of drugs (3rd and 4rth chance) I would say he is a pathetic man crawling in the mud, and who cares if he can hit or not?!?!?  There are a ZILLION guys out there who can hit as good as he does now, plus are faster, field better, have better attitudes, and have NOT BEEN CAUGHT TWICE for PEDS.

Manny has not produced in years.  Get over you obsession.  He is older and slwoer and can't get around on balls anymore, and that was BEFORE he quit baseball becasue he got caught AGAIN taking PEDS.

I think we should test some of you forumites for PEDS ... or other mind altering fanboi drugs ....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

I certainly like easy questions...........NOPE

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Minor league contract......easy out clauses....strict drug testing......
    he can accept that then okay......make him earn it...not for me to judge anyone. I wasn't given that job.
    Low risk-high payoff......or cut him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Manny to Miami - Perfect Storm

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Would you give Manny a second chance? " I want to show people that Manny can change, that he can do the right thing,"": [QUOTE] Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE] No shot, and it has nothing to do with the fact that the Sox already have arguably the best DH in the AL. If someone posts about the possibility if him playing RF, they should be banned from posting for a week...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Would you give Manny a second chance? " I want to show people that Manny can change, that he can do the right thing,":
    [QUOTE]I don't think Ben won't sign someone whom he already knows will miss first 50 games of the season.  As far as I've seen Ben doing his job, Ben's not the kind of GM to sign such contract with Manny.  But I'm pretty sure Manny WILL be a big help in the lineup. 
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

He can always swap spit with Ryan Braun while he is waiting. How would you like to have a DH combo of Papi and Manny?
    Maybe one day, MLB will finally decide to expand AL rosters to 26 to accomodate the DH which has been discussed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccfss. Show ccfss's posts

Yes

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Well, anyone can change, if they want to.  I suppose if he takes responsibility for his actions, and takes steps to not repeat those mistakes, and works hard to show he is dedicated to his ideals and job....he could make a very nice role model.  But it's going to take a lot of hard work on his part.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Would you give Manny a second chance? " I want to show people that Manny can change, that he can do the right thing,":
    [QUOTE]Second chance???? Really??? After quitting on Boston (Chance 1) and the Dodgers (chance 2) and getting nailed for illegal use of drugs (3rd and 4rth chance) I would say he is a pathetic man crawling in the mud, and who cares if he can hit or not?!?!?  There are a ZILLION guys out there who can hit as good as he does now, plus are faster, field better, have better attitudes, and have NOT BEEN CAUGHT TWICE for PEDS. Manny has not produced in years.  Get over you obsession.  He is older and slwoer and can't get around on balls anymore, and that was BEFORE he quit baseball becasue he got caught AGAIN taking PEDS. I think we should test some of you forumites for PEDS ... or other mind altering fanboi drugs ....
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

not to mention, the domestic abuse issue.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Maybe its the chubby cheeks, the blithe aw shucks outward persona, or maybe its just my own overly robust sense of compassion, but I have always, and still have, a place in my heart for the "Dispicable One".  I hope for the best for him.  

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

Yes, I would...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

He deserves a second chance ... at retiring. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe its the chubby cheeks, the blithe aw shucks outward persona, or maybe its just my own overly robust sense of compassion, but I have always, and still have, a place in my heart for the "Dispicable One".  I hope for the best for him.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

I agree, he never seemed like a bad guy to me.  Bit of dim bulb, not the hardest worker in some respects but not someone I hated even after he quit on the Sox.

Wouldn't take him back, of course, but I hope he gets a roster place somewhere, stays clean, and kicks azz for another couple of years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you give Manny a second chance? " I want to show people that Manny can change, that he can do the right thing," : I agree, he never seemed like a bad guy to me.  Bit of dim bulb, not the hardest worker in some respects but not someone I hated even after he quit on the Sox. Wouldn't take him back, of course, but I hope he gets a roster place somewhere, stays clean, and kicks azz for another couple of years.
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree.  No place for him in Beantown (though the thought is pretty heelarious, in an AAAAAAWWWWKWARD!! sort of way).

But, just to continue my rosy remininscence of The Best Right-Handed Hitter of This Generation:  a. he may have come off as blithe, but, I don't think he was/is a dim bulb.  To watch him cat & mouse a pitcher is all I need to know that guy had a lot going on that belied his doofy persona.  b.  Don't know about the 'not the hardest worker' bit either Sonics.  by all accounts he was a beast in the cage and a filmroom junkie.  I think he took his job very seriously in that regard.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Would you give Manny a second chance? " I want to show people that Manny can change, that he can do the right thing,"": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you give Manny a second chance? " I want to show people that Manny can change, that he can do the right thing," : I agree, he never seemed like a bad guy to me.  Bit of dim bulb, not the hardest worker in some respects but not someone I hated even after he quit on the Sox. Wouldn't take him back, of course, but I hope he gets a roster place somewhere, stays clean, and kicks azz for another couple of years. Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE] I think most fans took it for granted at the time, but at one point we had arguably one of the top 2 or 3 right-hand hitters of the last 50 years, a pitcher who was on arguably the most dominant stretch of all time and a SS who was an icon and well on his way to "Ted Williams/Yaz status" all playing at the same time.

Sections
Shortcuts