Would you give Manny a second chance? " I want to show people that Manny can change, that he can do the right thing,"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Re: Would you give Manny a second chance? " I want to show people that Manny can change, that he can do the right thing,...

If he promises never to use female fertility drug hCG. If if he does, better wear a cool bra...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Would you give Manny a second chance? " I want to show people that Manny can change, that he can do the right thing,...

In Response to Re: Would you give Manny a second chance? " I want to show people that Manny can change, that he can do the right thing,":
    In Response to Re: Would you give Manny a second chance? " I want to show people that Manny can change, that he can do the right thing," : Yeah, I agree.  No place for him in Beantown (though the thought is pretty heelarious, in an AAAAAAWWWWKWARD!! sort of way). But, just to continue my rosy remininscence of The Best Right-Handed Hitter of This Generation:  a. he may have come off as blithe, but, I don't think he was/is a dim bulb.  To watch him cat & mouse a pitcher is all I need to know that guy had a lot going on that belied his doofy persona.  b.  Don't know about the 'not the hardest worker' bit either Sonics.  by all accounts he was a beast in the cage and a filmroom junkie.  I think he took his job very seriously in that regard.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Space - I hesitated while writing the bit about "hard work" and chose a few cryptic words.  To better explain, I always felt he gave 100% to his batting but never thought he made much of an effort around the rest of his game, his team, etc.  And I was always ok with that....not everybody is Dustin Pedroia or Joe Morgan, etc.....I was always happy to accept a flawed player's devastating batting rather than complain that he wasn't better.

I also thought he was as immune to pressure as one could be....didn't make him better, didn't make him worse, he was just a wrecking machine waiting for a pitch to crush.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

yes, i would give him a 2nd chance. He could prove valuable as a RH pinch hitter and if he was really hitting, he could play LF for CCC or Clueless Carl Crawford against lefties or righties. If he couldn't produce, he could call it quits as a Sox in a Sox jersey. He's only the best right-handed power hitter I've ever seen in person. But the way you idiots portray him, you'd think he never worked out, never tried, and never helped the Sox win 2 WS titles.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Manny used steroids because he wasn't the same hitter anymore. 

And if he isn;t the same hitter anymore, why do we want him again?  For his glove?

His skills have eroded, he's pushing 40, and a lot of other better options exist to this day.  Time to mvoe on...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Notin, you stole my thunder.  I was going to ask why anyone thought Manny would be a productive addition to the lineup without steroids?  It's not like he is in his prime.  His power and average had been on the decline, while on steroids, which he obviously felt he needed to keep competitive with the competition.

Besides, it is best to stay away from anyone who has to talk about himself in the third person.  Parhunter1 says so...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If hes 8 years younger and had the arm for right field

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Eh, give him a minor league deal and use him off the bench.....starting with game 51 of course.....ahem....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

No.  Not even worth the time to list all the reasons.  Just NO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Suspended 100 games, multiple failed drug tests. The answer is no.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

a hitter AND a quitter. s^t^f^u.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts