WOULD YOU KICK OUT LUCCHINO TO KEEP THEO?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

WOULD YOU KICK OUT LUCCHINO TO KEEP THEO?

love theo but sorry if the cubs offer him the presidency and it comes down to him staying in boston for the same position at the expense of larry, i say no. larry is the honest behind the scenes guy. the real STRATEGIC brains behind the organization. theo executes what larry put in play. is it so bad to not think that a cashman could come to boston and do a similar job or the guy from tampa? would billy beane not now reconsider? how about one of the young GM types in the organization? we wouldnt have had beckett or mikey lowell if tito had his way. 

would miss theo and can see him being the conquering spell hero in chicago imagine being the guy to stop curse in both boston and chicago? but the sox have to look at a bigger pic. now if he takes tito with him, that would really hurt although some of you lowlifes would say "theo should leave but only if he takes that tito with him".  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: WOULD YOU KICK OUT LUCCHINO TO KEEP THEO?

In Response to WOULD YOU KICK OUT LUCCHINO TO KEEP THEO?:
    [QUOTE]love theo but sorry if the cubs offer him the presidency and it comes down to him staying in boston for the same position at the expense of larry, i say no. larry is the honest behind the scenes guy. the real STRATEGIC brains behind the organization. theo executes what larry put in play. is it so bad to not think that a cashman could come to boston and do a similar job or the guy from tampa? would billy beane not now reconsider? how about one of the young GM types in the organization? we wouldnt have had beckett or mikey lowell if tito had his way.  would miss theo and can see him being the conquering spell hero in chicago imagine being the guy to stop curse in both boston and chicago? but the sox have to look at a bigger pic. now if he takes tito with him, that would really hurt although some of you lowlifes would say "theo should leave but only if he takes that tito with him".  
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I am not sure what will happen, but everything that I have heard recently is that it is very possible that Theo will go to Chicago.  It would be a great accomplishment for him if he could indeed turn things around in Chicago and bring them a long overdue World Series championship.   Just think how highly regarded he would be if he took on this challenge and was able to accomplish this. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

IN A HEART BEAT !!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

I would be totally OK with the post-Theo era coming sooner rather than later. Not that he has not done well in general, but it just seems like time for a change.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I guess losing Theo means the Cubs won't be taking Cherington away.  So maybe the equation is, Sox lose Theo and replace him with Cherington while keeping Lucchino vs. Sox let Lucchino go, and Sox keep Theo and lose Cherington.  If that is the equation, I would let Theo go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: WOULD YOU KICK OUT LUCCHINO TO KEEP THEO?:
    [QUOTE]I would be totally OK with the post-Theo era coming sooner rather than later. Not that he has not done well in general, but it just seems like time for a change.
    Posted by pschuller[/QUOTE]

What's your reasoning for the need for change. Seems like the Sox are doing as well as ever with more talent from the minors on the way in the next few years. Let's hope Theo stay for quite a while. As for going to the Cubs, why is this even being talked about with seven years left on his contract from what I've read. I doubt the Sox would even let the Cubs near Theo and without permission that's considered tampering.

Hetchinspete.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scorieger. Show scorieger's posts

GM is a stressful position that has a "shelf-life."  Theo will run his course by either 1- accomplishing all he can in one spot, or 2- faililng to do so/stagnating.  At present, the organization seems to operate from a veritable "unified theory/philosophy," so losing Theo will not necessarily affect an enormous amount of change.  Theo seems to have the touch when it comes to making trades, though he has been less sucessful with free agent signings.  Larry seems to have been such an integral part of rebuilding the entire franchise from the ball-park to the branding.  There is more to being the gm than spending $200 million bucks a year, but there are probably a few more guys that can do that than can quickly cement a franchise as a long-term baseball power.  I'd keep Larry.

[QUOTE]love theo but sorry if the cubs offer him the presidency and it comes down to him staying in boston for the same position at the expense of larry, i say no. larry is the honest behind the scenes guy. the real STRATEGIC brains behind the organization. theo executes what larry put in play. is it so bad to not think that a cashman could come to boston and do a similar job or the guy from tampa? would billy beane not now reconsider? how about one of the young GM types in the organization? we wouldnt have had beckett or mikey lowell if tito had his way.  would miss theo and can see him being the conquering spell hero in chicago imagine being the guy to stop curse in both boston and chicago? but the sox have to look at a bigger pic. now if he takes tito with him, that would really hurt although some of you lowlifes would say "theo should leave but only if he takes that tito with him".  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

It just strikes me as silly, all this talk of Theo going to Chicago.  Cashman is the one with no contract for next year, and has been acting like he was on his way out.  It would be a great opportunity for him to prove his real value as a GM and prove it wasn't really George.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Absolutely ... promote Theo to president, hire cashman as GM ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Never have liked Ivy League guys so if Epstein leaves I'll buy rounds at Sliders.  Theo is nothing more than a glorified accountant. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I remember law used to say all the early great moves (like Papi) were Lucchino's doing not Theo's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Luchino is the upper management, not Theo. So, no, but I would get rid of Theo and replace him with Cherington, junion GM fire marshal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Agreed.  Let Theo go work for AIG. He's not a baseball man. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Not if I was John Henry. Theo has been a very good baseball operations guy but LL not only mentored and brought Theo here, but he built uch of the support staff, turned the RS into a money making machine that is far more fan friendly than it was under the Yawkey Trust.

It is Olney making a story I think where none existed. Of the high profile GMs in the game IMO the one's more likely to take that position are Cashman or Coletti.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: WOULD YOU KICK OUT LUCCHINO TO KEEP THEO?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to WOULD YOU KICK OUT LUCCHINO TO KEEP THEO? : I am not sure what will happen, but everything that I have heard recently is that it is very possible that Theo will go to Chicago.  It would be a great accomplishment for him if he could indeed turn things around in Chicago and bring them a long overdue World Series championship.   Just think how highly regarded he would be if he took on this challenge and was able to accomplish this. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]
    SUSANNNNNN