would you like an OF...

victorino LF

ellsbury CF

ichiro RF

just asking....

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: would you like an OF...

pathetic? my god if what you said happen i would throw up..and be pissed...

i would switch ichiro with resigning ross...we need a little power.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

pathetic? my god if what you said happen i would throw up..and be pissed...

i would switch ichiro with resigning ross...we need a little power.

On short deals, they could do worse.  Outfield defense would be legit..not a bad thought at all Raider, but probably not likely...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Pathetic. Ellsbury is overrated and the face of loser Red Sox baseball, when he shows up for work. Victorino has been in so many dumpsters he's looking for another one. Ichiro is an old man back bencher paltoon guy.

J. Utpon

Sizemore or Pods (1 year 1M minor league contract FA if not added to 25 by last two weeks of spring training) / Bradley, Jr

Kalish/Ross 2 yrs base 5M or D. Young 2 Yrs Base 6 or R. Johnson 1 YR 1M

Sweeney

Actually, pathetic is bringing Delmon Ypung into the equation.  He is looking for more money than Ross and worth much, much less....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Go get Hamilton. Trade Smellsbury! Sign Swisher. Trade Theo's boy toy Kalish and re-sign Ross.Bring up Bradley at the half way point and let her roll.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Actually, pathetic is bringing Delmon Ypung into the equation.  He is looking for more money than Ross and worth much, much less....

I'm looking for more money. You can't read, it was Ross offer, then Young option 2, then Johnson Option 2, all would be platooning.

Who cares what Young is "looking for".

Doesn't get more old and pitiful than Victorino and Ichiro and Ellsbury, old men with a lot of left feet. I'll take J. Upton, Sizemore or Pods as a patch to the soon to be arriving Bradley, Jr., and a platoon of Ross or Young or Johnson with Kalish.

hogwash....you are lame..i'm sorry.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I'm looking for more money. You can't read, it was Ross offer, then Young option 2, then Johnson Option 2, all would be platooning.

Doesn't get more old and pitiful than Victorino and Ichiro and Ellsbury, old men with a lot of left feet. I'll take J. Upton, Sizemore or Pods as a patch to the soon to be arriving Bradley, Jr., and a platoon of Ross or Young or Johnson with Kalish.

I would prefer to avoid Victorino and Ichiro  However, I prefer both over Delmon Young, who is barely passable as a starter at this point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to notin's comment:

I would prefer to avoid Victorino and Ichiro  However, I prefer both over Delmon Young, who is barely passable as a starter at this point.

i understand about victorino and ichiro notin...but i want victorino on this team...we are looking for 2 corner OFders and i want him to be one of them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

victorino LF

ellsbury CF

ichiro RF

just asking....

NO

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

no, no and no. ichrio is old and declining, victoria is on the wrong side of 30 as well and is too similar to ellsbury skillset wise. i would rather sign hamilton than victorino.  we need to trade for one of two  (or both if possible, but one is more likely), justin upton or giancarlo stanton. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Victorino is fine if we already have the other two spots in fine order but we don't. Elles is in the process of proving his critics correct and if you could triplicate Ross (who is a FA anyways) you would not do it as he is not the answer either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Realistically the Sox have Brentz and JBJ close to being ready. next year or the year after. They probably wont sign a FA for more than a couple years, which narrows the list down to the Victorinos, Ludwicks, Ross' etc., etc., Unless they make a reasonable trade for a younger player under a few years of control.

So I would expect one, if not 2 of these 30 something place holders signed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I could care less about Ross but why the FO would not have brought him back already as a stop-gap I do not know.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

I could care less about Ross but why the FO would not have brought him back already as a stop-gap I do not know.

Probably because they dont want him at 3 yrs and 8.3M per...I dont think they want to sign anyone, unless theyre young and have some years of control, for more than 2 years.

At least thats the feeling I get.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

If you sign players right they are tradeable; we now know that. In fact if we sign players --wrong--we know there is someone out there that will see some value. So what's the harm signing Victorino and Ichiro to the right contracts--even two years--knowing they are tradeable players if Bradley and Brentz impress sufficiently, move one or both--you haven't lost anything. In fact overpay them both for for one year deals--as a result you might then sign Hamilton and perhaps one or two starting pitchers like Kuroda and Haren also to short deals.

I'm of the feeling both players would be Yankee and possibly, Jays targets, at some point. Ichiro has a lot of baseball left in him and Victorino could play CF until JBJ is ready. It would be great for Sox fans and rookies to see and play beside a HOF player like Ichiro at Fenway. 

Ichiro would lead the league in doubles and triples. He and Victorino are still capable of stealing 20 or more bases.

Ben your turn!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Realistically the Sox have Brentz and JBJ close to being ready. next year or the year after. They probably wont sign a FA for more than a couple years, which narrows the list down to the Victorinos, Ludwicks, Ross' etc., etc., Unless they make a reasonable trade for a younger player under a few years of control.

So I would expect one, if not 2 of these 30 something place holders signed.

exactly...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

If you sign players right they are tradeable; we now know that. In fact if we sign players --wrong--we know there is someone out there that will see some value. So what's the harm signing Victorino and Ichiro to the right contracts--even two years--knowing they are tradeable players if Bradley and Brentz impress sufficiently, move one or both--you haven't lost anything. In fact overpay them both for for one year deals--as a result you might then sign Hamilton and perhaps one or two starting pitchers like Kuroda and Haren also to short deals.

I'm of the feeling both players would be Yankee and possibly, Jays targets, at some point. Ichiro has a lot of baseball left in him and Victorino could play CF until JBJ is ready. It would be great for Sox fans and rookies to see and play beside a HOF player like Ichiro at Fenway. 

Ichiro would lead the league in doubles and triples. He and Victorino are still capable of stealing 20 or more bases.

Ben your turn!

good point also...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

these are the OFders left of free-agents...

josh hamilton

shane victorino

nick swisher

cody ross

ryan ludwick

ichiro suzuki....we can sign one of them and make a trade for another? or we could sign 2 of them...i don't see us trading for 2 OFders.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'd check out Victorino.  But like everything else in BB, it depends on price and duration.  He'd probably be an excellent signing for $20M/2, a little less so if it more like $36M/3.  Just for comparison sakes, over the last three years,

• Victorino 13.0
    • Hunter    11.6
    • Bourn     15.2
    • J Upton   11.9
    • BJ Upton 11.5

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Nice, Ichiro is an old man in the dumspter stage and already platooning as a bencher. Victorino is in the dumpster stage of mid thirties corner platoon OF'er.

Young should platoon, but because of splits, not because he's an old man.

Victorino and Ichrio, what a joke! Those old bums will cost 30 to 40M, pipe dreaming about what they did before they were tossed in team dumpsters.

theyre still better options than D Young in the OF...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Pathetic. Ellsbury is overrated and the face of loser Red Sox baseball, when he shows up for work. Victorino has been in so many dumpsters he's looking for another one. Ichiro is an old man back bencher paltoon guy.

J. Utpon

Sizemore or Pods (1 year 1M minor league contract FA if not added to 25 by last two weeks of spring training) / Bradley, Jr

Kalish/Ross 2 yrs base 5M or D. Young 2 Yrs Base 6 or R. Johnson 1 YR 1M

Sweeney

Sizemore has been hurt for years and has always had horrible plate discipline which won't help our cause at all.  I don't like any of those choices in our starting lineup except Ross.

Sections
Shortcuts