Would you like to see CC Sabathia in a Red Sox uniform?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Would you like to see CC Sabathia in a Red Sox uniform?

In Response to Would you like to see CC Sabathia in a Red Sox uniform?:
    by Nick Cafardo/Boston Globe: CC Sabathia , LHP, Yankees - Will he or won’t he opt out of the remaining four years at $92 million of his contract? There is growing sentiment that he will. Where would he go? The usual suspects would be the Red Sox, Angels, Dodgers, Giants, and Tigers. Would the Sox (a) take on another big pitching contract and take him away from the Yankees (as they did with Carl Crawford , right?) and (b) add another overweight pitcher? The thing about Sabathia is that he can win 20 games even weighing in excess of 300 pounds.
    Posted by 2004Idiots

I think that if Sabathia leaves the Yankees he wouldn't end up with the Red Sox.  The only reason that he would leave is to live in another part of the country so going to the Angels or Giants makes more sense to me.   Of course,  I still believe he will remain with the Yankees for a few more years. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Would you like to see CC Sabathia in a Red Sox uniform?:
    In Response to Would you like to see CC Sabathia in a Red Sox uniform? : I think that if Sabathia leaves the Yankees he wouldn't end up with the Red Sox.  The only reason that he would leave is to live in another part of the country so going to the Angels or Giants makes more sense to me.   Of course,  I still believe he will remain with the Yankees for a few more years. 
    Posted by susan250

I think that you are right. He will end up staying in NY. Sabathia had a very nice season for the Yankees but faltered down the stretch. I wouldn't necessarily want to see him with the Sox because he would want a ton of money and a multi-year contract. That money could be better spent elsewhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

CC stays with the Empire,my first, second and third choices..Tongue out.. or i think he goes to an AL/NL team on the Left Coast...as much as i want him here..i wouldn't begrudge him a big contract to play near home..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Would you like to see CC Sabathia in a Red Sox uniform?:
    by Nick Cafardo/Boston Globe: CC Sabathia , LHP, Yankees - Will he or won’t he opt out of the remaining four years at $92 million of his contract? There is growing sentiment that he will. Where would he go? The usual suspects would be the Red Sox, Angels, Dodgers, Giants, and Tigers. Would the Sox (a) take on another big pitching contract and take him away from the Yankees (as they did with Carl Crawford , right?) and (b) add another overweight pitcher? The thing about Sabathia is that he can win 20 games even weighing in excess of 300 pounds.
    Posted by 2004Idiots

CC and CCraw are good friends but I think the Yankees are stuck with him and ARod.  Giving them an "out clause" so they could leave or soak them for even more years/cash, especially knowing no other team would pay them more including us is crazy.  If CC wants out he will have to choose location over money.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4416657. Show user_4416657's posts

In Response to Would you like to see CC Sabathia in a Red Sox uniform? : CC and CCraw are good friends but I think the Yankees are stuck with him and ARod.  Giving them an "out clause" so they could leave or soak them for even more years/cash, especially knowing no other team would pay them more including us is crazy.  If CC wants out he will have to choose location over money.
    Posted by craze4sox

I love being stuck with CC, though he will become a 7 inning pitcher as he should be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Would you like to see CC Sabathia in a Red Sox uniform? : good morning craze it was texas that gave arod the opt out ''stuck with CC ''  I have NP with that offering him a opt out ? that's called going the xtra mile when you really want some one he didn't ask for it Bcash gave it to him as a way of saying 'try NY for a few yrs and if you don't like it you can leave ' I have NP if he asks for what we offered lee If CC wants out he will have to choose location over money. agreed
    Posted by pinstripezac

I have never considered the Yankees as being "stuck" with Sabathia. He has given them several good years and both sides were aware of the opt out clause. Now as far as ARod, that is where they are stuck. An albatross type of contract. Similar to what we have with Crawford.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Would you like to see CC Sabathia in a Red Sox uniform? : good morning craze it was texas that gave arod the opt out ''stuck with CC ''  I have NP with that offering him a opt out ? that's called going the xtra mile when you really want some one he didn't ask for it Bcash gave it to him as a way of saying 'try NY for a few yrs and if you don't like it you can leave ' I have NP if he asks for what we offered lee If CC wants out he will have to choose location over money. agreed
    Posted by pinstripezac

I guess you're right zac, its just unbelievable what some guys get paid to play the game.  That's all I meant by being stuck with him, I don't see anyone else paying more.  I guess you will finally see if CC ever did want to stay close to his family because this should be his final contract.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

is this a trick question given our starting pitching? what's the catch?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

No. I don't want to see CC in a Sox uniform. That would be adding another aging pitcher with a massive contract.

When are the Sox going to give some kids a chance? At some point, all the current proven pitchers will be retired and all the kids the Sox should have and could have tried will have aged right out of their prime years without ever been given a chance to become a proven pitcher.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

CC was much like Beckett. Started out strong, then gained too much weight during the season.  As a result , lost effectiveness down the stretch.  Do not offer another long term , big money contract to yet another overweight, out of shape pitcher. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Sabathia will get more years and dollars from the Yankees.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jb12bb. Show jb12bb's posts

No!  The team has no conditioning as it is, so bringing in a overweight pitcher in his 30's is not smart.  Id rather see them go with Lester, Beckett, a healthy Buchholz as a great 1-3.  Lackey needs to rebound, conition and off field issues need to be different in order for him to succeed.  After that I would rather them send a couple flyers on veterans who can eat innings.  Felix Dubront is also an option, but I am not sold on Miller or Weiland anywhere near that rotation.  I think Wakefield is going to retire, just my opinion.

The team needs to focus on getting a back of the rotation ground ball pitcher.  Suits Fenway better.  The team can not take on another large contract seeing that payroll is high and they are paying Lackey #1 money to be the #4 or 5 starter.  CJ and CC will not be on the Sox in 2012.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Bay-Fan. Show J-Bay-Fan's posts

No!  The team has no conditioning as it is, so bringing in a overweight pitcher in his 30's is not smart.  Id rather see them go with Lester, Beckett, a healthy Buchholz as a great 1-3.  Lackey needs to rebound, conition and off field issues need to be different in order for him to succeed.  After that I would rather them send a couple flyers on veterans who can eat innings.  Felix Dubront is also an option, but I am not sold on Miller or Weiland anywhere near that rotation.  I think Wakefield is going to retire, just my opinion. The team needs to focus on getting a back of the rotation ground ball pitcher.  Suits Fenway better.  The team can not take on another large contract seeing that payroll is high and they are paying Lackey #1 money to be the #4 or 5 starter.  CJ and CC will not be on the Sox in 2012.
    Posted by jb12bb

Lester
    Beckett
    Buchholz
    Lackey
    Aceves

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Now as far as ARod, that is where they are stuck. An albatross type of contract. you got that right jrh1194 Similar to what we have with Crawford.  I can see that while  I think both players will have much better yrs in the future and while arods hip is part of the problem the bigger problem with the contract was arod getting outed & ruining all the upcoming HR celebrations which is similar of crawford not exactly helping the ratings
    Posted by pinstripezac

I don't believe it will ruin A-Rod's Celebrations as he is due something like 30 million in bonus' if he ever approaches and passes Barry Bonds !!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

I don`t beleive the sox employ a tailor that can sew a uni that big.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

I think he will more than likely stay with the Yankees. If he should choose to opt out, I would hope the Red Sox don't go after him. They would need to shell out big time money and they would have him late into his 30's, neither sound like good prospects to me. Durability is also a factor with CC, that arm has seen a lot of innings and his weight could be a factor as he ages. 

The fact his playoff records isn't fantastic also is a big factor to me!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Do not offer another long term , big money contract to yet another overweight, out of shape pitcher. 
    Posted by dgalehouse

CC is obese, not overweight. If he ever collapses on the field he will be carted off by a hearse, not a medical cart.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

There are a couple of troubling red flags concerning yanks Ace and resigning him to a long term contract.  The yanks are in a tough position.  They do not have any available in house or outside the organization replacement.  They also do not want to be saddled with another Arod type contract with a player in decline.

From Klapisch

"The second factor that may have sabotaged Sabathia is the corrosive effect of overwork. He’s currently 10th among active pitchers with 2,364¤ career innings but is also the youngest among that group."

"The irony of Girardi giving Sabathia extra days off is that he ended up paying for them, anyway, as his four highest pitch-counts of the season came in the last five starts. “He’s a big, strong guy,” is what Girardi kept saying about Sabathia. But by season’s end, the ace had faced 985 batters, the most in the American League."

“There’s a third and more unsettling theory behind Sabathia’s troubles – his weight. Out of respect, Yankees officials have refused to discuss the issue publicly, but privately admit they’re concerned at how much heavier Sabathia became as the season progressed.

"That’s an anomaly among major-leaguers, who usually drop weight during a long and hot summer. Sabathia showed up in spring training some 30 pounds lighter, revealing that he’d given up his box-at-a-time affection for Cap’n Crunch. Not only did Sabathia put back that weight, but one member of the organization believes he gained an additional 20-25 pounds on top of that.”

http://www.northjersey.com/spo...off-season.html

I personally think the most troubling stat for CC that might show the beginning of the natural decline all pitchers suffer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Sabathis is going to renew his deal with NY.  This is going to play out exactly like the A-Rod ordeal 4 years ago, much to the surprise of no one.

And by the time CC is done with his new deal, we do not want him in Boston...

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

No

Sections
Shortcuts