Would you make this offer for Kemp?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Re: Would you make this offer for Kemp?

Even if the Dodgers were flush with cash they wouldn't want Lackey.      Ellsbury is getting close to free agency and his agent is Scott Boras.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Love how every trade devised by members on this board start with Lackey, or Drew... never changes.

Thread Bearer if you were the Dodgers GM would you take Lackey?  No you would not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Lackey's elbow is effecting him more than the Sox thought it would.  It keeps flaring up.  I posted this elsewhere, but it seems it makes sense to post it here too ... Lackey's comment after coming off the DL:

“I know I have damage in there already, so you never know for sure. But every pitcher will find something. Some of us just got a little more than others,” said Lackey, who had elbow issues early in the 2009 season. It is a condition that led to a clause in his current deal which makes his option year at the major league minimum if significant time is missed due to the elbow ailment.

Asked if there was concern that the problem was going to be something more serious, Lackey said, “A little bit because you don’t want it to get too much worse than it already is. But the MRI was pretty close to what it was when I got here.”

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

look craze4,

if you seriously want the SOX to get rid of SLACKEY without eating most of his contract, there is only one way:

MAKE IT LOOK LIKE AN ACCIDENT!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

In Response to Re: Would you make this offer for Kemp?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you make this offer for Kemp? : I don't know where you got that info from.  I live in the Los Angeles area and one thing Kemp has been adamant about is that he wants to keep playing for the Dodgers.  It is Ethier who has been making noise about getting a big contract and doubting he will get it from the broke Dodgers unless a new owner with deep pockets takes over the team from the slimy McCourts.
    Posted by seabeachfred[/QUOTE]
    Sea, good to see you back, the best poster ever on this board

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

In Response to Would you make this offer for Kemp?:
    [QUOTE]I know we have discussed this in the past but I don't see the Dodgers paying both Kemp and Either long term.  How many of you would consider this trade before the deadline.   Signing Kemp to an extension would be key to the deal.   #1 Sox offer Jacoby, Doubront and Lackey for Kemp who will play CF.  We could try to re-sign Jacoby first if the Dodgers are willing to keep him, or offer Kalish or Reddick instead.  In this case the package would be Lackey, Doubront, Reddick or Kalish and a throw in like Lars if they lose Loney next season.  If Miller pitches well, Doubront could be expendable. #2 The Sox agree to pay the remainder of Lackeys salary this season and 5mil the last three of his contract.  Losing any number of players like J.D, Cameron, Scutaro, Pap, Tek or others should allow us to re-sign Kemp and move forward with Adrians new contract. If the Dodgers just lose these players after 2011 they will have about 38mil off the books.  43mil if they lose Loney Karoda "12mil" Lackeys cost? "10mil" for 2012-14 less than the 36 year old Broxton "7mil" not doing well hes most likely gone Kemp "7mil" Say Jacoby gets Kemp 7mil, or they choose another option Furcal 12mil LA won't pick up his club option in 2012.  His replacement is playing well.  Otherwise I would say Lowrie could be part of the package The Dodgers could possibly end up with Doubront, Lackey and Ells for say 3 years at say 17 mil combined.  Or Lackey, Doubront, either Kalish or Reddick and Lars for around 11/12mil next season.  Either way they significantly reduce their payrol and have a pretty good return.  We may need to replace Lackey at some point but hopefully for much less.

Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Contrary to popular belief amongst the red flops nation, other teams are not there to help the sawx out by taking their over priced trash and returning a stud OF.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

The Dodgers are a mess right now and I don't see them being in a position to trade marketable players. Certainly not guys that aren't making a ton of dough. MLB (Selig) is making a play to take the team away from McCourt, sooner as apposed to later...So in the interum, my guess is that Kemp will stay in LA until the new owners are in place and then once they've had a chance to review the organizational needs he'd be a piece they could move to bring back some prospects and or ML pieces if they decide not to resign him. 

That said, Kemp is a very solid ball player with issues on and off the field? I'm not sure I'd trade Ellsbury, if given the option, Kemp profiles as a middle of the order hitter in our lineup (6th or 7th)...Ells the protypical leadoff guy...I'd rather have both vs one or the other...Adding Kemp and not subtracting Ellsbury would give us a lineup that would be a lock to score 1000 runs...What would it take to make that happen? One can dream, the reality is it's unlikely...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]I know we have discussed this in the past but I don't see the Dodgers paying both Kemp and Either long term.  How many of you would consider this trade before the deadline.   Signing Kemp to an extension would be key to the deal.   #1 Sox offer Jacoby, Doubront and Lackey for Kemp who will play CF.  We could try to re-sign Jacoby first if the Dodgers are willing to keep him, or offer Kalish or Reddick instead.  In this case the package would be Lackey, Doubront, Reddick or Kalish and a throw in like Lars if they lose Loney next season.  If Miller pitches well, Doubront could be expendable. #2 The Sox agree to pay the remainder of Lackeys salary this season and 5mil the last three of his contract.  Losing any number of players like J.D, Cameron, Scutaro, Pap, Tek or others should allow us to re-sign Kemp and move forward with Adrians new contract. If the Dodgers just lose these players after 2011 they will have about 38mil off the books.  43mil if they lose Loney Karoda "12mil" Lackeys cost? "10mil" for 2012-14 less than the 36 year old Broxton "7mil" not doing well hes most likely gone Kemp "7mil" Say Jacoby gets Kemp 7mil, or they choose another option Furcal 12mil LA won't pick up his club option in 2012.  His replacement is playing well.  Otherwise I would say Lowrie could be part of the package The Dodgers could possibly end up with Doubront, Lackey and Ells for say 3 years at say 17 mil combined.  Or Lackey, Doubront, either Kalish or Reddick and Lars for around 11/12mil next season.  Either way they significantly reduce their payrol and have a pretty good return.  We may need to replace Lackey at some point but hopefully for much less.

The Dogers aren't taking on any salary. They would only take Lackey if the Red Sox paid his ENTIRE salary. Are you not reading about the Dodgers inability (or soon to be) to make payroll.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Would you make this offer for Kemp?:
    [QUOTE]Lackey's elbow is effecting him more than the Sox thought it would.  It keeps flaring up.  I posted this elsewhere, but it seems it makes sense to post it here too ... Lackey's comment after coming off the DL: “I know I have damage in there already, so you never know for sure. But every pitcher will find something. Some of us just got a little more than others,” said Lackey, who had elbow issues early in the 2009 season. It is a condition that led to a clause in his current deal which makes his option year at the major league minimum if significant time is missed due to the elbow ailment. Asked if there was concern that the problem was going to be something more serious, Lackey said, “A little bit because you don’t want it to get too much worse than it already is. But the MRI was pretty close to what it was when I got here.”
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Read Rotoworld. They reported this along time ago, that he may even need TJ surgery.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----. Show -The--Babe----'s posts

Contrary to popular belief amongst the red flops nation, other teams are not lining up to help the sawx by taking one of their overpaid/underperforming players and shipping a quality OF to beantowne in return.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Why would the LAD take Ellsbury as a main piece for Kemp..to have an extra year of arb befor3 another FA hits the market and then their stuck with leftovers?

1. Ellsbury will be cheaper than Kemp to sign past FA and the Dodgers get 2 cheap years, not one more expensive year of Kemp
    2. Lowrie has years of control and will be cheap to extend
    3. The Red Sox are perfectly capable of including a young pitching talent from the farm
    4. You don't know what you are talking about

Sections
Shortcuts