Would you take more non playoff seasons if it got rid of the Pink hat fans at fenway?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Would you take more non playoff seasons if it got rid of the Pink hat fans at fenway?

If I was guarentteed if the sox have a few down years but it would get rid of the pink hat fans at fenway I would gladly take it. Now I never root against the red sox nor would I but I am sick and tired of what I see now when I go to fenway. Fans who are more interested in anything but whats going on the field. I guess its part of the price for getting 2 ws titles for us fans who were fans pre breaking the curse. These stupid fans get most excited to sing sweet caroline than even cheering on the sox! These pinkhats have made the price of the tickets sky rocket. Last game I went to this season me and my 2 friends were at the yankee sunday night game were we won in extras and security gets called on us saying we were causing a disturbance. We weren't even using bad language or taunting any yankees fans we were simply cheering on the red sox. I guess cheering for the home team is now frowned upon at the henry and luchino good times box.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Re: Would you take more non playoff seasons if it got rid of the Pink hat fans at fenway?

So good so good!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Re: Would you take more non playoff seasons if it got rid of the Pink hat fans at fenway?

IMO if you didn't like the sox before 2004 than your not a real fan and your not needed or apreciated by the real fans

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

IMO if you didn't like the sox before 2004 than your not a real fan and your not needed or apreciated by the real fans

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

Yes, one of the few reasons I would not want to see them playing in October.  Maybe I would actually be able to get some seats at Fenway again!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: Would you take more non playoff seasons if it got rid of the Pink hat fans at fenway?:
    [QUOTE]Yes, one of the few reasons I would not want to see them playing in October.  Maybe I would actually be able to get some seats at Fenway again!
    Posted by william93063[/QUOTE]

Be aware if you do get a seat if you cheer to load security will be called on you.!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It's not the pink hats that bother me.

It's the suits and corporate tickets.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Sports is entertainment. The good old days of crickets and crusty old men grumping through losing seasons at Fenway are long gone and hard to find.
    Yeah, let's hope for failure and an empty park. That's the ticket.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: Would you take more non playoff seasons if it got rid of the Pink hat fans at fenway?:
    [QUOTE]Sports is entertainment. The good old days of crickets and crusty old men grumping through losing seasons at Fenway are long gone and hard to find. Yeah, let's hope for failure and an empty park. That's the ticket.
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]

Rather have less people and actual fans there

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

[QUOTE]Sports is entertainment. The good old days of crickets and crusty old men grumping through losing seasons at Fenway are long gone and hard to find. Yeah, let's hope for failure and an empty park. That's the ticket.
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]
    Good answerr!  (And BTW I've been a fan since I was a little kid in '67).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

In Response to Would you take more non playoff seasons if it got rid of the Pink hat fans at fenway?:
    [QUOTE]If I was guarentteed if the sox have a few down years but it would get rid of the pink hat fans at fenway I would gladly take it. Now I never root against the red sox nor would I but I am sick and tired of what I see now when I go to fenway. Fans who are more interested in anything but whats going on the field. I guess its part of the price for getting 2 ws titles for us fans who were fans pre breaking the curse. These stupid fans get most excited to sing sweet caroline than even cheering on the sox! These pinkhats have made the price of the tickets sky rocket. Last game I went to this season me and my 2 friends were at the yankee sunday night game were we won in extras and security gets called on us saying we were causing a disturbance. We weren't even using bad language or taunting any yankees fans we were simply cheering on the red sox. I guess cheering for the home team is now frowned upon at the henry and luchino good times box.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

The pink hats aren't the problem. It's the pollyannas and idol worshippers wearing the rose colored glasses, who refuse to see how bad this thing really is who are the problem. This franchise needs and enema starting with ownership.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

the owners aren't going anywhere. The red sox are their cash cow for nascar and euro soccer

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from verrildd. Show verrildd's posts

It's an asinine thought - most Red Sox fans never, or rarely get to a game, so we don't care if there are pink hats there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]It's an asinine thought - most Red Sox fans never, or rarely get to a game, so we don't care if there are pink hats there.
    Posted by verrildd[/QUOTE]

In the late 60's I'd sit in the bleachers with friends and family (we'd bring a cooler with BBQ and Lemonade)...cost for the 6 of us 6 buck's plus $2.00 for parking...

Last year I took my son and his friend to a game we sat in the same bleachers...I paid $180 for 3 tickets, about $80 for food and dropped another sawbuck on souveniers for the them to take home...

Baseball fever catch it!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

[QUOTE]IMO if you didn't like the sox before 2004 than your not a real fan and your not needed or apreciated by the real fans
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]
    what of those born into the red sox family after 04??????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from verrildd. Show verrildd's posts

Beantowne, at least you know some of that money went to buy Carl Crawford.  Oh wait......

The pink hats aren't the reason ticket prices are high.  The outrageous salaries, corporate buyers, and ticket resellers are the reason.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Times sure have changed and its amazing how many fans who wear sox gear and attend games know little to nothing about the team. Thats the price we have paid for seeing the sox "break the curse". If your weren't a fan before 2004 then you will never be a real sox fan in my eyes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Coughing up the biggest lead in September history.  Getting booed off the field in the home finale.  Getting 2 beat downs in the Bronx when they desperately needed wins...... I'd say the good ole days are closer than you think!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Times sure have changed and its amazing how many fans who wear sox gear and attend games know little to nothing about the team. Thats the price we have paid for seeing the sox "break the curse". If your weren't a fan before 2004 then you will never be a real sox fan in my eyes.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]That's just prejudice. Yeah, I've been cheering for the Sox since '67, but does that make me more of a fan than some 16 year old kid who just started rooting for the team in 2004? I don't think so.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you take more non playoff seasons if it got rid of the Pink hat fans at fenway? : That's just prejudice. Yeah, I've been cheering for the Sox since '67, but does that make me more of a fan than some 16 year old kid who just started rooting for the team in 2004? I don't think so.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

If you were an adult and never liked the sox before 2004 than your a trash fan period. The red sox had lots of fans die hards before they ever won anything. Its funny I am in my late 20's and remember many people young and old always cra pn on me for cheering for the sox ( pre 2004 or pre 2003 playoff run). Many of these people now claim to be huge red sox fans wich is a complete joke.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

God yes.

Back to back non-playoff seasons is a start.

I'd like to see them get back to a reasonable payroll too. 100-120 million is plenty, if you can't field a competitive team with that, you
    re doing something very wrong. If you miss the playoffs, two years in a row, with payrolls above 170million each year, the GM and manager should go.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I agree but if the Yankees are going to do what they do then we have to fight fire with fire... I hate it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]I agree but if the Yankees are going to do what they do then we have to fight fire with fire... I hate it.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Never thought I would say this but at least the yankees make the playoffs with their spending. Today was just depressing knowing the season was over and no game today with the chance of continueing the season. Nothing like hunting in october during the day and thinking of a sox playoff game to watch at night. :(