Would you trade Bogaerts today.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Would you trade Bogaerts today.....

for a guaranteed WS title in 2014?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Would you trade Bogaerts today.....

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No...

at this point the only person I'd trade Bogaerts for is Trout....and that will never happen. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]NO ....... There are no GUARANTEES in life or BASEBALL !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Interesting question. The way I see it, in 2014 you would go from A) a team [with Bogaerts] that just won...it is difficult to repeat, to be sure, but we should be in as good a position as just about any team out there; to B) a team that is now guaranteed to win a title but does not have Bogaerts.

The difference between Team A and Team B is not great enough to sacrifice six years of control of Bogaerts. If he turns out to be half as good a major leaguer as most people believe he can be, he gives us a better chance to win not just in 2014 but for years afterwards.

(If we had a perennially awful franchise with almost no hope of winning any time soon, the idea of sacrificing your #1 prospect for a guaranteed title would be a lot more tempting.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The answer is someplace in between yes and no. Meaning if the right players coming back in return were of equal value then yes would be the answer, if it's just a one for one trade and you are getting Stanton or Trout back in return the answer is yes, but if the offer includes three stiffs and a bag of balls the answer is hell no!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I think we can win back to back without giving up Bogaerts.  So, nope. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Actually on second thought.  If we got back Jose Fernandez in return AND we are guranteed a win in 2014....then I think I would at least consider that trade. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The answer is someplace in between yes and no. Meaning if the right players coming back in return were of equal value then yes would be the answer, if it's just a one for one trade and you are getting Stanton or Trout back in return  the the answer is yes, but if the offer includes three stiffs and a bag of balls the answer is hell no!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Forget Ben Cherington, if you polled 30 other people on the Sox Front Office staff, you wouldn't find a single person who would ever consider trading Bogaerts for Stanton right now.  Trout, on the other hand, is a different animal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

There are no guarantees: we have seen a few games featuring Xander--he's a very good player and it would have to take a very good offer for BenC to let him go.

If the Sox could get Stanton and their #2 or #3 starter behind Fernandez and Cishek for 

Xander and another one maybe two good prospects, I would make that trade.

Trout is not moving from the Angels--- but Trout for Xander, JBJ, Betts and Owens or Barnes or Ranaudo---it would be a done deal. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There are no guarantees: we have seen a few games featuring Xander--he's a very good player and it would have to take a very good offer for BenC to let him go.

If the Sox could get Stanton and their #2 or #3 starter behind Fernandez and Cishek for 

Xander and another one maybe two good prospects, I would make that trade.

Trout is not moving from the Angels--- but Trout for Xander, JBJ, Betts and Owens or Barnes or Ranaudo---it would be a done deal. 

[/QUOTE]

Consider Bogaerts untouchable.  The Sox do. No way they trade Bogaerts to Miami for a Stanton package.  Trout is untouchable right now as well, so it doesn't matter. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The answer is someplace in between yes and no. Meaning if the right players coming back in return were of equal value then yes would be the answer, if it's just a one for one trade and you are getting Stanton or Trout back in return  the the answer is yes, but if the offer includes three stiffs and a bag of balls the answer is hell no!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Forget Ben Cherington, if you polled 30 other people on the Sox Front Office staff, you wouldn't find a single person who would ever consider trading Bogaerts for Stanton right now.  Trout, on the other hand, is a different animal.

[/QUOTE] Your right as I remember the Sox put a feeler out to the Marlins to see if they were interested intrading Stanton and the first person they wanted in return was Bogaerts and they wanted Cecchini and Owens! So your right in that regards because all interest in Stanton ended after their first player requested in return was Bogey...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

In the spirit of the discussion, I would trade Bogaerts for Stanton straight up.

Then I would sign Drew to 3 years and $30M total, figuring that a combo of WMB and Cecchini can handle 3rd. Drew would be a bridge to Marrero or another SS (see below).

LF - Stanton

CF - JBJ

RF - Victorino

I would try to trade for a better SS prospect like Lindor (Indians) or even better Sardinas (Rangers). Sardinas is a switch-hitter with speed and excellent defensive skills. Perhaps a trade with the Rangers could be crafted using our pitching depth (Peavy) and/or Marrero and/or others.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

No way Jose

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

in 2003 most of us would have traded our mothers for a ws championship....a decade later after winning 3, moms safe...but I'd trade any player for another WS...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Your right as I remember the Sox put a feeler out to the Marlins to see if they were interested intrading Stanton and the first person they wanted in return was Bogaerts and they wanted Cecchini and Owens! So your right in that regards because all interest in Stanton ended after their first player requested in return was Bogey...

[/QUOTE]

You're right, from what I hear, the conversation ends at Bogaerts.  Every organization wants that homegrown, cost controlled, very marketable superstar.  Bogaerts has a chance to be just that.  Everyone I talked to at the winter meetings (In and out of the Sox organization) thinks he's going to be special, and it's not just the physical talent, it's the way he carries himself.  He has that "Griffey," "Jeter" way about him that people are enamored by.  I was absolutely blown away with the accolades this kid was getting from people within the game.

Ironically, almost the opposite could be said for Will Middlebrooks.  There were a lot of naysayers, and it wasn't because of his talent.  It was just the opposite the year before at Grand Ole Opry.  The Sox organization seems to be a little torn on this kid, and some people would much rather go with the Drew/Bogaerts left side & move Middlebrooks in a trade.  Farrell seems to certainly one of them, but like everyone else, he obviously hopes Middlebrooks puts it together.  The Jenny Dell situation wasn't exactly a "plus," either.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from practial. Show practial's posts

NO.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

No because then over the next 5 years we would be inundated with "Trade for Xander" threads.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually on second thought.  If we got back Jose Fernandez in return AND we are guranteed a win in 2014....then I think I would at least consider that trade. 

[/QUOTE]

Oh heck, why not just trade Bogey, JBJ, Betts, Webster, Brentz and de la Rosa for Jose Hernandez and Stanton?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're right, from what I hear, the conversation ends at Bogaerts.  Every organization wants that homegrown, cost controlled, very marketable superstar.  Bogaerts has a chance to be just that.  Everyone I talked to at the winter meetings (In and out of the Sox organization) thinks he's going to be special, and it's not just the physical talent, it's the way he carries himself.  He has that "Griffey," "Jeter" way about him that people are enamored by.  I was absolutely blown away with the accolades this kid was getting from people within the game.

Ironically, almost the opposite could be said for Will Middlebrooks.  There were a lot of naysayers, and it wasn't because of his talent.  It was just the opposite the year before at Grand Ole Opry.  The Sox organization seems to be a little torn on this kid, and some people would much rather go with the Drew/Bogaerts left side & move Middlebrooks in a trade.  Farrell seems to certainly one of them, but like everyone else, he obviously hopes Middlebrooks puts it together.  The Jenny Dell situation wasn't exactly a "plus," either.  

[/QUOTE]

Everyone I talked to at the winter meetings (In and out of the Sox organization)

Please elaborate?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I think it's a tough decision for anyone who doesn't follow prospects. And even then, we really haven't seen what he's capable of in a MLB setting. At least not enough. I do like the fact he doesn't seem like the flashy play type of guy. Seems more like the get it done type.

As for Trout, if he leaves the Angels, it will be in a Yankees' uniform. Book it. He has the Yankees written all over him, and he even has the size for the team. Also, I believe he's from New Jersey. Can't hurt, and can only help his decision.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I doubt he gets traded at all this season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Of course you do- always take the absolute. He has awesome potential, but just one cog in the wheel. There were a lot of promising players who fell below expectations.

Plus you'd have to assume you'd get a few nice players in return.

Yes take the WS.

Now in the real world where there are no guarantees- you keep him. 

See how easy this is?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well......I'll be the first one to say this I guess.....but yes, I'd trade him IN A HEARTBEAT for another wold championship.  The farm is very deep.  Yes Boggy is a great talent but he is unproven.  Odds are if you trade him you're getting something VERY good in return that will help the team not only this year but for years to come.  You can't trade Boggy for a rental.  Prospects come...and prospects go....but one thing we have ALL LEARNED is that championship DO NOT come and go.  The Boston Red Sox and the FUTURE of the Boston Red Sox does NOT lie on the lap of our future SS. 

Ask, Doerr, Williams, Yaz, Rice, Evans, Fisk, Lynn etc if they would have traded the top prospect to win the WS for Boston.....what do you think they would have said?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NO !!!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

in 2003 most of us would have traded our mothers for a ws championship....a decade later after winning 3, moms safe...but I'd trade any player for another WS...

[/QUOTE]

LOL Bean.  I don't know.  Sometimes I think my kids would trade me away for a bag of balls if they could.  ;-)

For a guaranteed championship, I would absolutely trade Bogaerts away.  Doesn't matter what we got back.  Having him on the team for years to come does not guarantee any championships in the future, just as trading him away would not prohibit any championsips in the future.  You take the sure thing.

That said, there are obviously no guarantees as far as championships go.  So in realistic terms, there are far too many factors that need to be considered before answering that question.

Sections
Shortcuts