Would you trade Jackie Bradley, Jr. in a package for Giancarlo Stanton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Would you trade Jackie Bradley, Jr. in a package for Giancarlo Stanton?

In Nick Cafardo’s “Ask Nick” column someone asked him what it would take to get Stanton from the Marlins. We know the Marlins would like to get inexpensive controllable young players. Nick said the Sox would have to send Bradley, Bogaerts or instead of Bogaerts, Owen and/or Barnes.

Having Stanton would add a powerful bat to this lineup.

Would you make this trade?

And as a follow-up question, is there any MLB player that you would trade for our top prospects?  

I wouldn’t trade Bradley/Bogaerts or Barnes for Stanton. The only time I would trade a package of our top farm club prospects is for a young established top of the rotation pitcher like Felix Hernandez.

What’s your opinion?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Would you trade Jackie Bradley, Jr. in a package for Giancarlo Stanton?

JBJ and Barnes for Stanton, I would do it.  If JBJ AND Boggy have to go, then no.  

I think Webster can replace Barnes after seeing his improvement during the ST.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Tough call.  I would LOVE to have Stanton...the premier YOUNG power hitter playing for us....BUT would hate to see Bradley and Bogy go.  I probably wouldn't trade both of them....but I would trade Bradley, Barnes and Owens for him.  We would have the best young power hitter out there and still keep our top prospect and still have Webster and RDLR in the minors.  I really think though that any talks with Miami would start with both Bradley and Bogy....  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I'd trade whatever we needed to to get Stanton. The guy hit 37 jacks last year in a park that's a graveyard for home run hitters.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

I'd trade whatever we needed to to get Stanton. The guy hit 37 jacks last year in a park that's a graveyard for home run hitters.

AGone had once hit 40 jacks in Petco Park.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Fair point. But Stanton is right handed as opposed to the lefty swinging Gonzo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Fair point. But Stanton is right handed as opposed to the lefty swinging Gonzo.

Nothing against your comments.  I would also love to have Stanton in the middle of our lineup.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Stanton is 5 months older than Bradley, has only 2 years less of control (possibly 3) and is already an established MLB wrecking machine.  Bradley is a good prospect who got hot in Spring Training. 

No brainer you send Bradley and Barnes...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Would love to see Stanton on the Sox. Trade Bradley, sure, but not along with Bogearts.Package with Barnes and maybe Iggy?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

It will take a package of JBJ, Boggie and RDLR/Webster. Are you willing to deal three of those four? I would not make that trade.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

It will take a package of JBJ, Boggie and RDLR/Webster. Are you willing to deal three of those four?

I would have to say no to that. Too rich. Perhaps add Renaudo or Wright to what I suggested. Not Bogearts and definitely not De LaRossa.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Who plays CF for 2014?

This is a reactionary trade that opens up holes. Needless to say, the Marlins will demand more than that, so the merits are pipe dreaming to start with. But for the Red Sox, it opens up a hole n CF.

This is a contrived rumor from those who want Ellsbury given a giant FA contract. Be careful what you wish for, as the reason Ellsbury is still here is because of the fans. 

I would say ShaVic plays CF in 2014 if Bradley goes in trade and Ells is not resigned. Brentz in RF and Gomes in LF.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

spam thread

ruined more by softie

Sorry to contribute. I guess we all suck according to you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Would do it in a heartbeat! Basically same age as JBJ and has proven himself at MLB level. This kid is going to hit 50 bombs very shortly, probably the best young power hitter in a long while, and not a bad fielder either. In Fenway he would be unbelievable. Would not do for King Felix based on the MRI's of his elbow were not good before signing M's extension. Mike Trout and Bryce Harper are the other 2 you'd have to do also. JBJ / Barnes are most likely going to be very good mlb players but superstars are tough to find. Those 3 guys are game changers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

For what it's worth, the Miami Marlins have a younger and more highly regarded* centerfield prospect in 21-year-old Christian Yelich, whose No. 15 prospect ranking at Baseball America is ahead of the No. 31 ranking of nearly 23-year-old Jackie Bradley.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/2013/02/2013-top-100-prospects-list/

Bradley has been impressive in Spring Training by posting a .436/.551/.564/1.115 line in 49 plate appearances, but Yelich has been impressive as well with a .381/.469/.857/1.327 line in 49 plate appearances.

Yelich has more power, but Bradley holds a defensive edge over Yelich, whose below-average arm may move him to leftfield.

* FanGraphs, Baseball Prospectus, MLB.com and John Sickels rank Yelich No. 10, No. 23, No. 13 and No. 12, respectively, while ranking Bradley No. 54, No. 27, No. 32 and No. 45, respectively

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

spam thread

ruined more by softie

Sorry to contribute. I guess we all suck according to you.

Put him on ignore. I did. It works out very well unless someone quotes him and subjects those of us who don't really want to hear what he has to say to more of his jibberish.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

In response to MadMc44's comment:

It will take a package of JBJ, Boggie and RDLR/Webster. Are you willing to deal three of those four?

I would have to say no to that. Too rich. Perhaps add Renaudo or Wright to what I suggested. Not Bogearts and definitely not De LaRossa.

I would not trade away any of our top pitching prospects until we show improvement in our team ERA and have assured ourselves of a flow of good pitching from the minors. Only then do we have pitchers to trade away. Lower level pitchers, OK, packaged with some position players. But not RDLR, Webster, Barnes etc

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

has only 2 years less of control

Apples and oranges. Bradley is a CF'er, Stanton is not.

The Red Sox will have to send more than Barnes and Bradley, which is laughable but makes for some wet dreams of "Ellsbury and Stanton and whoever".

Red Sox should keep Bogearts and Bradley, and put Bogearts at 3B and Middlebrooks at 1st.

They are stuck with Shane, and the notion that the Red Sox can move Shane to CF to make way for Stanton is foolish thinking because of cost benefit.

So the would be "stuck"  with Shane Victorino playing a position where he has won 3 Gold Gloves? The horror! 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

In Nick Cafardo’s “Ask Nick” column someone asked him what it would take to get Stanton from the Marlins. We know the Marlins would like to get inexpensive controllable young players. Nick said the Sox would have to send Bradley, Bogaerts or instead of Bogaerts, Owen and/or Barnes.

Having Stanton would add a powerful bat to this lineup.

Would you make this trade?

And as a follow-up question, is there any MLB player that you would trade for our top prospects?  

I wouldn’t trade Bradley/Bogaerts or Barnes for Stanton. The only time I would trade a package of our top farm club prospects is for a young established top of the rotation pitcher like Felix Hernandez.

What’s your opinion?

i would NOT do it, does Stanton project to be the next Miguel Cabrera? no need to throw in Barnes especially.

Sections
Shortcuts