Would you trade Jackie Bradley, Jr. in a package for Giancarlo Stanton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Would you trade Jackie Bradley, Jr. in a package for Giancarlo Stanton?

I would make the trade.  DO IT!!!  lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

if Stanton goes to the market, we would need to give up some serious talent to beat out the other teams who are banging down Miamis door begging them to trade this guy.

JBJ and XB would be a great starting point. i would do JBJ, XB+  for stanton but not 3 top prospects..

JBJ, Barnes and cecchini might be a good starting point too..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Send Shane, Iggy, Bard & Chayves........Or Is That Achayves.........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to notin's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

has only 2 years less of control

Apples and oranges. Bradley is a CF'er, Stanton is not.

The Red Sox will have to send more than Barnes and Bradley, which is laughable but makes for some wet dreams of "Ellsbury and Stanton and whoever".

Red Sox should keep Bogearts and Bradley, and put Bogearts at 3B and Middlebrooks at 1st.

They are stuck with Shane, and the notion that the Red Sox can move Shane to CF to make way for Stanton is foolish thinking because of cost benefit.

So the would be "stuck"  with Shane Victorino playing a position where he has won 3 Gold Gloves? The horror! 

LOL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

No to X plus either Barnes or Bradley.

But yes to Bradley + Barnes.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Marlins owner, Jeffrey Loria told Mark Buehrle that he will not get traded despite not giving a no-trade clause. 

Loria even told Buehrle to buy a house in the Miami area which he did.  Less than a year later, he got traded to Toronto. 

To make matters worse, Buehrle has a pit bull and they are not allowed in the Toronto area. 

I'm assuming Buehrle is a bit p*ssed right now.   lol

Nothing Worse Then Ah P*ssed Pit................

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Marlins owner, Jeffrey Loria told Mark Buehrle that he will not get traded despite not giving a no-trade clause. 

Loria even told Buehrle to buy a house in the Miami area which he did.  Less than a year later, he got traded to Toronto. 

To make matters worse, Buehrle has a pit bull and they are not allowed in the Toronto area. 

I'm assuming Buehrle is a bit p*ssed right now.   lol

Boo freeking hoo.  He took the most money.  He could've gotten a no-trade clause from a lot of teams.  He just would've had to have taken less money to have done so.  And from Loria to boot.  It's like selling my tickets for an IOU from someone I don't know for $110, instead of taking $100 in cash from someone I do know.  Then whining that the guy I didn't know stiffed me.

Buerhle has only himself to blame.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Who plays CF for 2014?

This is a reactionary trade that opens up holes. Needless to say, the Marlins will demand more than that, so the merits are pipe dreaming to start with. But for the Red Sox, it opens up a hole n CF.

This is a contrived rumor from those who want Ellsbury given a giant FA contract. Be careful what you wish for, as the reason Ellsbury is still here is because of the fans. 

I'm beginning to question my own judgement.  I agree with Softy - but only up to a point.  Right now the Sox have two players who can play CF more than adequately for a few years into the future.  One of them may be gone as a FA (or traded) going into 2014 so I say hold on to the other one at least until it's clear who's going to be in CF in '14.

The centerpiece of the trade I would offer would be XB, and fill in the blanks after that with any prospects with a maximum of three others.  This team has a 3B, a SS, albiet a light hitting one, a solid 2B and an adequate 1B.  That makes XB more expendable than JBJ.

Where Softy lost me was in the last paragraph where his paranoia overtook his common sense.  This is not a contrived rumor from people who want Ells to get a giant contract.  It's a bunch of people talking about what THEY would do and I strongly doubt that any of these people have any "pull" with the Red Sox FO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Breaking news 4/1/13, The Red Sox have traded Bradley, Barnes, Iglesis and Bogarts to the Marlins for Stanton!

Breaking news 5/1/13, The Red Sox announced that Stanton has a degenerative brain disorder that affects his vision and balance and will never return to baseball!

Be afraid of what you ask for, for a short term pleasure! You guys would trade the farm for one guy. Last time I looked there were nine guys on the field. And it takes 40 to win a WS just ask the 2004 sox!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

In Nick Cafardo’s “Ask Nick” column someone asked him what it would take to get Stanton from the Marlins. We know the Marlins would like to get inexpensive controllable young players. Nick said the Sox would have to send Bradley, Bogaerts or instead of Bogaerts, Owen and/or Barnes.

Having Stanton would add a powerful bat to this lineup.

Would you make this trade?

And as a follow-up question, is there any MLB player that you would trade for our top prospects?  

I wouldn’t trade Bradley/Bogaerts or Barnes for Stanton. The only time I would trade a package of our top farm club prospects is for a young established top of the rotation pitcher like Felix Hernandez.

What’s your opinion?

i would NOT do it, does Stanton project to be the next Miguel Cabrera? no need to throw in Barnes especially.

All due respect to Miquel Cabrera's bat but the man can't bend over, all offense.

Have you seen Stanton run the bases and play rf? Unbelievable.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

But yes to Bradley + Barnes.

How about you just drive them down to Miami, where you be met with laughter.

I'm saying what I'd give up, not what Miami would accept.  If you'd have read the other posts, you'd have realized what the conversation was centering around.  RIF-Reading is Fundamental.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Stanton will be a free agent in four years. If he is still playing at a top level , you can try and acquire him then. For now , let's keep our top prospects and try to build a team that way.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

I would include Bradley in a trade for Stanton. No question. Not sure about Bradley and XB unless it was only those two, and then I would still pull the trigger. Stanton is young and a proven commodity. However, I would rather offer a different package that includes some pitching and keep XB.

If we lost XB and JBJ, we could put Victorino in center and make an offer to K Morales next year to play first provided he continues his resurgence.

Ortiz - Stanton - Morales - WMB  would make for a pretty powerful 3-6 in the line-up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i would trade him for stanton, and barnes or another pitcher. the one prospect i would do everything i could to not inlcude is boegarts. stanton is exactly what the sox need and would fit nicely in LF. Hes not the best defender so plugging him into left field at fenway would work well. it would also eliminate the redundency in the outfield/line up. ben c should do everything in his power to land stanton and we have the spects to get a deal done. we already passed on j.upton, we need stanton. he could hit 50 homers in fenway and is the middle of the order bat we need.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Do you really want old Shane in CF in 2014 and Gomes in LF? You can't be serious?

Just trying to stay with the posted question. Yes I would stay with Shane and Gomes unless our current kids are showing excellence or Shane or Gomes get injured. If they were traded I would not be paying much of either of their salaries. I have a feeling we'll like having these guys around--they fit well so far.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero2. Show bosoxhero2's posts

In Nick Cafardo’s “Ask Nick” column someone asked him what it would take to get Stanton from the Marlins. We know the Marlins would like to get inexpensive controllable young players. Nick said the Sox would have to send Bradley, Bogaerts or instead of Bogaerts, Owen and/or Barnes.

Would you make this trade?no i would not.i would think the marlins knowing they can get a ton for him would ask for more.I would think they would ask for the sox three top prospects.then two fillers.bradley,bogaerts,barnes,then two like cecchini and owens.they know stanton will draw a lot of attention.so they won't settle for as softlaw says farm scraps.

And as a follow-up question, is there any MLB player that you would trade for our top prospects?  

I wouldn’t trade Bradley/Bogaerts or Barnes for Stanton. The only time I would trade a package of our top farm club prospects is for a young established top of the rotation pitcher like Felix Hernandez.

What’s your opinion?

i would NOT do it, does Stanton project to be the next Miguel Cabrera? no need to throw in Barnes especially.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero2. Show bosoxhero2's posts

In response to bosoxhero2's comment:

if you were the owner of the marlins would you not hold out for the best deal they could get?stanton is good but not the best out there.i would say if you were going to trade for anyone isay strasburg and zimmerman from the nats.

Would you make this trade?no i would not.i would think the marlins knowing they can get a ton for him would ask for more.I would think they would ask for the sox three top prospects.then two fillers.bradley,bogaerts,barnes,then two like cecchini and owens.they know stanton will draw a lot of attention.so they won't settle for as softlaw says farm scraps.

What’s your opinion?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Would you make this trade?

What’s your opinion?

The bottom line is YOU WOULD ???Or anyone else for that matter. Not one person on this board has any idea what goes on with  professional sports teams. Same as someone would pay millions for a player knowing its not his money....All in fun i guess cause were all stupid.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Would keep Bradley and our top prospects and not trade for the one guy.