WOW, 18-3!!! "It has come upon the midnight clear". Are we ready for Iggy,Lavarnway, & Middlebrooks???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WOW, 18-3!!! "It has come upon the midnight clear". Are we ready for Iggy,Lavarnway, & Middlebrooks???

AS the STENCH of the FAT-CATS REMAIN !!!   wHAT SAY YOU, all you wise ones ?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Re: WOW, 18-3!!! "It has come upon the midnight clear". Are we ready for Iggy,Lavarnway, & Millbrooks???

Bill - please explain how Iggy, Lav & "Millbrooks" would have changed yesterday's result.  I am serious, no deviation, obfuscation and name-calling....give some specific examples of how they might have changed the game.  If you can do that anywhere near a reasonable degree I'll take you seriously.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: WOW, 18-3!!! "It has come upon the midnight clear". Are we ready for Iggy,Lavarnway, & Millbrooks???

In Response to Re: WOW, 18-3!!! "It has come upon the midnight clear". Are we ready for Iggy,Lavarnway, & Millbrooks???:
    [QUOTE]Bill - please explain how Iggy, Lav & "Millbrooks" would have changed yesterday's result.  I am serious, no deviation, obfuscation and name-calling....give some specific examples of how they might have changed the game.  If you can do that anywhere near a reasonable degree I'll take you seriously.
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]"Let me be clear",  TRANSFORMATION is needed !!!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

So you can't be specific as to how they would have changed the result.  That's what I assumed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I do think it's time to put Aviles either at third or possibly in LF and install Iggy as the everyday SS. Iggy's hitting can't be worse than Youk's at this point. The Sox would be stronger up the middle; he may save more runs with his fielding than Youk will produce with his hitting.

Did anyone else notice Youk staying down longer late in the game when a ground ball got past him? Perhaps the groin is more of a problem than he has let on.

Aviles is more suited for third and is hitting better than Youk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

I disagree that Iggy's hitting can't be worse than Youk's; it definitely would be far worse - you must ignore the tiny sample sizes.  In fact, Iggy is killing minor league pitching for .195/.277/.195/.472 which is only marginally better than Youk vs MLB pitching.

I do agree the groin problem could become a big issue; they don't tend to go away without treatment or at least long rest.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Bill-806 I would have hated to have your great great great grand-dad as a neighbor during the revolutionary war; he probably switched sides every three days depending on the battle of the day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

In Response to Re: WOW, 18-3!!! "It has come upon the midnight clear". Are we ready for Iggy,Lavarnway, & Millbrooks???:
    [QUOTE]Bill-806 I would have hated to have your great great great grandfather as a neighbor during the revolutionary war; he probably switched sides every three days depending on the battle of the day.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

You give him too much credit, he would have switched mid-battle... he had uniforms saved from both sides "just in case".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan1967. Show soxfan1967's posts

In Response to WOW, 18-3!!! "It has come upon the midnight clear". Are we ready for Iggy,Lavarnway, & Millbrooks???:
    [QUOTE]  AS the STENCH of the FAT-CATS REMAIN !!!   wHAT SAY YOU, all you wise ones ?????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

I would start with DFA'ing Melancon.  If he were any good the NYY would never have let him go.  He looks like a scared little boy on the mound...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WOW, 18-3!!! "It has come upon the midnight clear". Are we ready for Iggy,Lavarnway, & Millbrooks??? : I would start with DFA'ing Melancon.  If he were any good the NYY would never have let him go.  He looks like a scared little boy on the mound...
    Posted by soxfan1967[/QUOTE]

Does that apply to Montero too?  Give Melancon him some time....maybe there's an injury issue, could be anything including not good enough.  But you can't know that after 10 games this season when he's been so good for a couple of years elsewhere.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Bill-806's dads dads dad "I am American! No wait I am Brittish, uh no I am Shawnee, er uh I meant to say French.  Who won again today? Of course like I said I am American."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

GUYS AND GALS---JIM KAAT SUMMED IT UP PRETTY WELL
    DURING LAST NITE'S DEBACLE. AVILES IS NOT A MAJOR
    LEAGUE SHORTSTOP. I SAID IT IN MY POSTS, BUT I GUESS
    WHEN KAAT SAYS IT , IT HAS A LOT MORE SUBSTANCE.
    YOUKILIS IS THROUGH, AND SALTY IS A DISASTER AT
    CATCHER. GUYS LIKE MCDONALD, PUNTO, AND SHOPPACH
    ARE WASHED UP UTILITY GUYS , AND YOU WOULDN'T
    EVEN SEE THEM ON TEAMS LIKE THE YANKS, DETROIT AND
    TEXAS. BY THE WAY, ADRIAN GONZALEZ SCARES NO-ONE
    AT THE PLATE. PAPI IS THE ONLY LEGIT BIG BOMBER
    ON THE SOX. SCARY...ISN'T IT. SWEENEY LOOKS LIKE A
    KEEPER, AND ROSS PLAYS HARD, BUT IT WON'T KEEP
    THE SOX OUT OF LAST PLACE THIS YEAR.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]I do think it's time to put Aviles either at third or possibly in LF and install Iggy as the everyday SS. Iggy's hitting can't be worse than Youk's at this point. The Sox would be stronger up the middle; he may save more runs with his fielding than Youk will produce with his hitting. Did anyone else notice Youk staying down longer late in the game when a ground ball got past him? Perhaps the groin is more of a problem than he has let on. Aviles is more suited for third and is hitting better than Youk.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]Agree.... Aviles in left would be a big boost over Darnell McDonald.... Iggy at short is going to be pricelees !!  Certainly worth+ the price of a ducat !!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: WOW, 18-3!!! "It has come upon the midnight clear". Are we ready for Iggy,Lavarnway, & Middlebrooks???

In Response to Re: WOW, 18-3!!! "It has come upon the midnight clear". Are we ready for Iggy,Lavarnway, & Middlebrooks???:
    [QUOTE]I think most of you miss Bill's point. Bill is not saying that the kids would have brought victory last night. In fact, they might have lost 20-0, but so what! This team is going nowhere. Getting rid of some of the garbabe might help the clubhouse. Even if it doesn't you would be getting a good look at what is supposed to be the future of our team. Let the kids prove they can or cannot play at the major leage level. Better to find out biw, If they cannot produce any better than our current team you will know you need to totally transform the franschise. This group is in such disaray it is horrific to watch. Youk is done nothing Dustin can do to change that. BV should have made his comments to Ben not the press. So he has no value (agreed) doesnt mean you continue to play him because he is making 12.5. Maybe it is a little early to bring the kids up but there will be a time when there is no option.
    Posted by teddybaseball009[/QUOTE]Thanks Teddy..... You know your stuff !!!  Iggy's glove at short should take 3 to 4 outs off the game !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Re: WOW, 18-3!!! "It has come upon the midnight clear". Are we ready for Iggy,Lavarnway, & Middlebrooks???

Teddy....well put.  I think Bill will simply put "transform" for his 10,000 post.  His point has been valid from the initial posting which I think was in Sept. sometime.  Last night just seemed like September to me.  No life, crap for effort and old guys just looking old.  I don't post much so let me be clear...I am now and have always been a RS fan, I am not however one that feels entitled to WS after WS after WS.  I like hard nose, hustle baseball and the RS have always been that kind of team.  Right now they are not.  I don't get to see them on tv often as I live in Upstate NY but if they continue to show that effort I won't miss them.  God,,,,,,I hope I miss them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WOW, 18-3!!! "It has come upon the midnight clear". Are we ready for Iggy,Lavarnway, & Millbrooks??? : I would start with DFA'ing Melancon.  If he were any good the NYY would never have let him go.  He looks like a scared little boy on the mound...
    Posted by soxfan1967[/QUOTE] funny, i thought he looked like that for the yankees too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW, 18-3!!! "It has come upon the midnight clear". Are we ready for Iggy,Lavarnway, & Millbrooks??? : Does that apply to Montero too?  Give Melancon him some time....maybe there's an injury issue, could be anything including not good enough.  But you can't know that after 10 games this season when he's been so good for a couple of years elsewhere.
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]
    Not a fair comparison - yanks traded melancon and one other for lance berkman for some short term help for the playoff drive in 2010. Yanks would never have trade an "A" type prospect for a three month rental - they haven't done that in years. Montero  an "A" prospect was traded for Pineda - one potential star for another potential star. Two completely different tranactions. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: WOW, 18-3!!! "It has come upon the midnight clear". Are we ready for Iggy,Lavarnway, & Middlebrooks???:
    [QUOTE]Teddy....well put.  I think Bill will simply put "transform" for his 10,000 post.  His point has been valid from the initial posting which I think was in Sept. sometime.  Last night just seemed like September to me.  No life, crap for effort and old guys just looking old.  I don't post much so let me be clear...I am now and have always been a RS fan, I am not however one that feels entitled to WS after WS after WS.  I like hard nose, hustle baseball and the RS have always been that kind of team.  Right now they are not.  I don't get to see them on tv often as I live in Upstate NY but if they continue to show that effort I won't miss them.  God,,,,,,I hope I miss them.
    Posted by never1954[/QUOTE] And that son, says it all !!!!   b i n g o !!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW, 18-3!!! "It has come upon the midnight clear". Are we ready for Iggy,Lavarnway, & Middlebrooks??? : Thanks Teddy..... You know your stuff !!!  Iggy's glove at short should take 3 to 4 outs off the game !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

I like the way you throw out numbers that have no bearing in reality so far. I've watched every game and there has been maybet three balls that Aviles didn't get to that Iggy might have.

There's always the ridiculous assumption that every ball hit between third and SS he would have gotten.

Not saying Iggy isn't better defensively but I have yet to see a game this year where Iggy's defense might have made a difference. In one game where Aviles might have cost a run defensively, he more than made up for it on offense.

IGGY ISN"T READY YET.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

[QUOTE]I do think it's time to put Aviles either at third or possibly in LF and install Iggy as the everyday SS.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]
    I personally would love to see Aviles at third and Iggy as SS. At least the defensive play would be more exciting.

There's no defense against a walk, and it's just as tough to do anything defensively about a pitcher's gofer balls, but I am a big fan of speed and better defense.

I'd gladly give up some power hitting in the outfield in exchange for speed, great arms, and the skill of getting a good jump when the ball comes off the bat.

Defense takes runs off the board in all sorts of ways, and can make marginal pitching look lots better.

Plate discipline. A walk plus a steal = double. Speed on the basepaths distracting pitchers. Holding runners on makes for bigger holes in the infield.

Even if we didn't win more games, I'd love to see some fresh faces to help me forget about the whining in the clubhouse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

If the sox win tonight Bill will create a thread saying everything is okay.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW, 18-3!!! "It has come upon the midnight clear". Are we ready for Iggy,Lavarnway, & Millbrooks??? : Not a fair comparison - yanks traded melancon and one other for lance berkman for some short term help for the playoff drive in 2010. Yanks would never have trade an "A" type prospect for a three month rental - they haven't done that in years. Montero  an "A" prospect was traded for Pineda - one potential star for another potential star. Two completely different tranactions. 
    Posted by pri360[/QUOTE]

My point was that it is ridiculous to say that "X team would never have let Y go if he was any good", as if mistakes aren't made, players can't develop, or didn't get a return.