Wow, Does Beckett Stink

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Wow, Does Beckett Stink

I'm really enjoying reading the Dodgers box scores the mornings after Beckett pitches. Getting the Dodgers to take him has to be one of the greatest deals in the history of baseball.

His line from last night:

4 IP, 5H, 4 ER, 4BB, 1 HBP, 6K

On the season, he's 0-5 with a 5.24 ERA and a WHIP of 1.43.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Wow, Does Beckett Stink

The "FAT-CAT-BARRRRR$TAD"  !!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

I'm really enjoying reading the Dodgers box scores the mornings after Beckett pitches. Getting the Dodgers to take him has to be one of the greatest deals in the history of baseball.

Well,...............it's LA's problem now.    :)

Lakers: eliminated

Clippers: Down 3-2

Dodgers and Angels both struggling

Not a good time for LA fans.   LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

If you have stats like that in the NATIONAL League, you are officially "washed up"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Doomed to failure from the start.  There is a Roscoe's in the Dodger Stadium viscinity, and they deliver.  Tongue Out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

Doomed to failure from the start.  There is a Roscoe's in the Dodger Stadium viscinity, and they deliver.  Tongue Out

I think I went to that one. South of Dodger Stadium and not far from Hollywood. Roscoe's is the best.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

I think I went to that one. South of Dodger Stadium and not far from Hollywood. Roscoe's is the best.

I love me some Roscoes ... especially good with beer (sorry Josh, I'll pass on the bud lite though).

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

FWIW, Beckett's just 0-4.

I think Bekcett has bad karma around him. In 2011, he should have had a more wins but got lousy run support. At the start of last year, he could have had a few more wins but again, poor run support.

And this year, he's been mediocre or bad in five of his six starts, but in his best start, he pitched 8.1 innings and allowed just one run. Dodgers scored ZERO.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I don't care if he ever wins another game.  He deserves himself.  You could see his attitude here in boston so I am just glad he is somenone elses problem now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

FWIW, Beckett's just 0-4.

I think Bekcett has bad karma around him. In 2011, he should have had a more wins but got lousy run support. At the start of last year, he could have had a few more wins but again, poor run support.

And this year, he's been mediocre or bad in five of his six starts, but in his best start, he pitched 8.1 innings and allowed just one run. Dodgers scored ZERO.

Poor Roy - this post makes about as much sense as Sarah Palin discussing foreign policy....there is a real disconnect from reality...but i give you props for trying to defend him...no one else on this board (defended by many like he was family) has stepped up beside you....no one loves you when youre down and out....

Beckett, meet karma....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

went to the LA Times sports section and got this from fan feedback following the article on Beckett's latest stinker...pretty funny,,,enjoy!

WilyCoyoteSuperGenius at 11:13 AM May 02, 2013

Josh Beckett a "nice guy." LOL The fat load gets paid $16 million season to throw a baseball - and he cannot be bothered to stay in decent physical condition. He is all of 32 years old and he is a tubby whale. You can see where all the beer and fried chicken went in the Red Sox clubhouse - straight to Josh's gut. The next time I read about Beckett making a significant contribution to charity will be the first. It is with good reason Red Sox fans are still celebrating his departure from Beantown.

It will be interesting to see if he sucks it up and gets in shape by the second half of next season - as he will be looking at free agency at the end of the 2014.

The Crawfish is out hurt - as usual. Putting the brakes briefly on his batting average's descent to .220.

The Dodgers lose 2 out 3 to the Rockies - whose payroll is barely more than what the Dodgers assumed from the Red Sox. LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

went to the LA Times sports section and got this from fan feedback following the article on Beckett's latest stinker...pretty funny,,,enjoy!

WilyCoyoteSuperGenius at 11:13 AM May 02, 2013

Josh Beckett a "nice guy." LOL The fat load gets paid $16 million season to throw a baseball - and he cannot be bothered to stay in decent physical condition. He is all of 32 years old and he is a tubby whale. You can see where all the beer and fried chicken went in the Red Sox clubhouse - straight to Josh's gut. The next time I read about Beckett making a significant contribution to charity will be the first. It is with good reason Red Sox fans are still celebrating his departure from Beantown.

It will be interesting to see if he sucks it up and gets in shape by the second half of next season - as he will be looking at free agency at the end of the 2014.

The Crawfish is out hurt - as usual. Putting the brakes briefly on his batting average's descent to .220.

The Dodgers lose 2 out 3 to the Rockies - whose payroll is barely more than what the Dodgers assumed from the Red Sox. LOL

I see the moronic obsession with his weight has followed him to Dodger land. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thegrandsalami. Show thegrandsalami's posts

I think if Beckett doesn't wish to keep in shape physically he should at least try to keep in shape from a pitching perspective as you get older and loose some velocity you need to make adjustments. ie Mariano Riverra I think he has become complacent although I can'tfigure out why.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

That trade has to rank up there as one of the worst ever.

Even if none of the prospects work out, LA taking on all that dead weight in one transaction was beyond stupid. It still sems too good to be true. Those contracts would have crippled us for years.

I don't think Lester is a true number one. And I don't totally trust this lineup yet. I don't think we are a legit contender yet. But considering this was supposed to be a rebuilding year and a team picked by many to be a 60-70 win team, I am very happy with the progress.

Now we just need to get Lackey and his bloated contract out of here. I can't stand that guy.

Allen Webster

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

It sometimes takes a while..but Karma will always come back to bite you in the end. Amazing how much the pitching has improved since we now have a coach who knows what he is doing...and a staff that is not influenced by Beckett's poor attitude.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Why doesn't someone just suggest deoderant?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

glad u beat me to it.. his stuff is horrible.. just hitting 91 a few times at best. yet he still wants to b a heavy and outpower batters. he was good til the 4th inning (2 earned runs) before getting bombed. he's a 5 inning 3 run guy at best right now. he will be cut by the all-star break! overtaxing the bulpen, giving them no chance to win and sukkking up the energy

Maybe he can go to the Yankees and revitalize his career.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

In response to PaulLaCourse's comment:

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

glad u beat me to it.. his stuff is horrible.. just hitting 91 a few times at best. yet he still wants to b a heavy and outpower batters. he was good til the 4th inning (2 earned runs) before getting bombed. he's a 5 inning 3 run guy at best right now. he will be cut by the all-star break! overtaxing the bulpen, giving them no chance to win and sukkking up the energy

Maybe he can go to the Yankees and revitalize his career.

Like Andy Pettite and Roger Clemens?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"It sometimes takes a while..but Karma will always come back to bite you in the end. "

I know plenty of jerks who are hugely successful financially, Karma may exist but it's far from perfect. The idea that Karma is perfect is totally naive. 

If anything, insisting on being ethical and having integrity can cost you jobs and opportunities. Try being a whistleblower sometime. Millionaires who crashed the stock market are roaming around, sipping drinks on beaches. Not a single one in jail, nor will they be. 

Beckett's situation actually has nothing to do with Karma. He's still a multi-millionaire who has a fine life off the field. 

The reason Beckett is struggling is much simpler: unlike pitchers like Schilling who were humble enough to see they would need to reinvent after they lost their fastball, Beckett simply refused to be realistic about his limitations and work his tail off to reinvent his game. So yeah, if you limit Karma to the willlingness to work at your baseball craft, then he did face a Karmic crisis of sorts. 

And yeah, it's freakin' delicious to watch it as a Sox fan. I'm enjoying AGon's struggles almost as much. 

Thank you Dodgers! Thank you Magic Johnson!

Sections
Shortcuts