WOW! PEDY rips out valentine's heart! I blame tonight's loss on V as well, VAL =TIM THOMAS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

WOW! PEDY rips out valentine's heart! I blame tonight's loss on V as well, VAL =TIM THOMAS!

this has become ugly folks. pedy just went to the airwaves and tore into bobby v. at first i thought it was just another media exaggeration but bv is clearly on probation within his own clubhouse. the inmates are making it very clear that this better be his final slip or else... bv is in danger of losing this team.

pedy basically said "perhaps thats the way they do it in japan, but that wont work here in the united states.. when you win 3 games in a row, you want to feel good about yourself, you cant have the manager out there ripping people. we like and trust youk, what's he talking about? this is not how we do things around here, that crap wont work in our clubhouse. i dont know what he meant, i cant figure that stuff out but he cant be doing stuff like that"... in absolute terms, he made it clear that wont stand and overwhelmingly supported youk.. this really was about francona vs the valentine way.. clearly that clubhouse wants a tito! no way they are going to get rid of pedy and others for a bobby v.

pedy is the jeter of the sox. imagine if jeter went on the air and ripped into girardi this way?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one!

Bobby V. was out of line and just plain wrong. It would be bad enough if Youk was still in a slump, but he's had a great homestand.  Does Bobby V. not know how well his players are performing?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

You are feeding a media fire ...... Don't buy into this crap ..... Real issue is youk has a bad groin!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Pedey shouldn't have said anything.......between Youk and the manager.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Forget for a moment it was Youk. Any player in general ......... needs their AGENT to call them about it. Tito's not here to babysit them anymore so now the agents need to. BV obviously had a reason behind his remark..... he's not that stupid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one!:
    this has become ugly folks. pedy just went to the airwaves and tore into bobby v. at first i thought it was just another media exaggeration but bv is clearly on probation within his own clubhouse. the inmates are making it very clear that this better be his final slip or else... bv is in danger of losing this team. pedy basically said "perhaps thats the way they do it in japan, but that wont work here in the united states.. when you win 3 games in a row, you want to feel good about yourself, you cant have the manager out there ripping people. we like and trust youk, what's he talking about? this is not how we do things around here, that crap wont work in our clubhouse. i dont know what he meant, i cant figure that stuff out but he cant be doing stuff like that"... in absolute terms, he made it clear that wont stand and overwhelmingly supported youk.. this really was about francona vs the valentine way.. clearly that clubhouse wants a tito! no way they are going to get rid of pedy and others for a bobby v.   pedy is the jeter of the sox. imagine if jeter went on the air and ripped into girardi this way?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN
    for one, Jeter wouldn't do that, not saying that DP is wrong, just that he's wired that way, Jeter carries himself a bit differently...Dustin's known for shooting from the hip...i guess it will come down to whether or not Valentine takes umbrage with Pedroia's remarks, big picture says internally it will pass, now....will the media vultures feed the frenzy?.....guess we'll find out...    

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one!:
    In Response to WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one! : for one, Jeter wouldn't do that, not saying that DP is wrong, just that he's wired that way, Jeter carries himself a bit differently...Dustin's known for shooting from the hip...i guess it will come down to whether or not Valentine takes umbrage with Pedroia's remarks, big picture says internally it will pass, now....will the media vultures feed the frenzy?.....guess we'll find out...    
    Posted by jete02fan
    I'm expecting Mazz and CHB to weigh in any second.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Forget for a moment it was Youk. Any player in general ......... needs their AGENT to call them about it. Tito's not here to babysit them anymore so now the agents need to. BV obviously had a reason behind his remark..... he's not that stupid.
    Posted by upperco1

"BV obviously had a reason".  It's not obvious to me.  I might be able to understand him doing it if Youk was actually playing badly, but he's not.

Maybe Bobby V. was upset that Youk did chose him to be his wedding coordinator.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one! : I'm expecting Mazz and CHB to weigh in any second.
    Posted by carnie
    yeah, that oughta be educational..Sealed

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one! : I'm expecting Mazz and CHB to weigh in any second.
    Posted by carnie

Carnie, it doesn't matter what those two think about anything. This is an internal clubhouse thing. It's actually, in my opinion a Tito thing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Cafardo speculated that BV may just be trying to light a fire under the team. Who knows.
    Posted by Firefligh2008

In the middle of a three game win streak, at home?

Brilliant move, Bobby.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one! : "BV obviously had a reason".  It's not obvious to me.  I might be able to understand him doing it if Youk was actually playing badly, but he's not. Maybe Bobby V. was upset that Youk did chose him to be his wedding coordinator.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

It's not obvious to me either but then again, do you know what goes on inside the 'family"?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one! : "BV obviously had a reason".  It's not obvious to me.  I might be able to understand him doing it if Youk was actually playing badly, but he's not. Maybe Bobby V. was upset that Youk did chose him to be his wedding coordinator.

....and having a reason doesn't make you correct!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Everyone keeps focusing on Youks hitting, but yesterday he could not hang onto a hard smash hit right to his glove side.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one! : Carnie, it doesn't matter what those two think about anything. This is an internal clubhouse thing. It's actually, in my opinion a Tito thing
    Posted by upperco1

Except that it's not internal.  Bobby V. made it public.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

bingo. those saYing there's obviously a reason or that bv isnt that dumb, clearly have not followed his career in these states of america. he blew it up in TX and NY for the same reasons. this act gets old very quickly. lucchino wanted a clone. if larrry was a manager,this is what would happen. being a flip announcer is very different. there is no plan, this is bobby's personality. he willl just lay low with youk for now but he will blow up a papi or gonzo in the same way. for him to see youk this morning and seriously think he would want some phony conversation about his groin is ridiculous. y would youk trust bv? thats the risk he takes. i wouldnt trust him, no jokes. his personality makes a tense3 environment more tense. its one thing for a ballplayer to be like that, but much worse when a manager has impulse issues or doesnt know how things would be relayed by the media (wasnt he one of them?). you can bet pedy spoke with youk last night about it. bv should know the dynamics and who to mess with.

frankly, i like pedy's reaction. he went NUCLEAR. there is no way anyone can bs that its just nothing or use innuendo. pedy was ticked and made it clear that the bv instinctive way wouldnt work with him or most of the guys that he as a plaer was leading.. period! thats a nuclear bomb! i do not expect to hear an apology from pedy, do you? now bv loks weak and like a coward whereas pdy looks the strongest and most powerful. i will bet that tito and pedy will talk tonight and tito will say THANKS pal! this is a testimony to tito. frankly, his way was the best for this team. when you're winning or a guy like youk is struggling, its not time to kick him low. esp when he's gone .400 in his last 5 games with a groin issue, what's the point of those statements? motivating whom? its about bv's EGOOOOO!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Valentine was out of line. Like anyone, I was concerned with Youk's poor start, but I never for a second questioned his commitment. And if the manager does have a question about his commitment, he needs to address it to Youk -- not the entire free world.

I like that Pedey stuck up for Youk. And I liked the "that's not the way we do things" quote in particular. It's a lot more important that the players get along with each other than with the manager.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChronicNYY13. Show ChronicNYY13's posts

Bobby should be a little wiser than this.  Even the shift manager at McDonalds knows you discipline in private and praise in public.  Leadership 101.  That being said until Pedey wears the C he should probably worry about Pedey.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Only one active manager does what BV does and he is in Miami and almost got him self fired. There are no other managers that have doen what BV just did and last long. Players make much more than managers. So if guys like DP and Youk are pissed they will stay and BV will go. Not saying this will happen but BV must change.

Saw a show obn him in Japan people followed him every where. They even chased him when he rode his bike. He was able to do it (mouth) in Japan because he was nearly as popular as the Emperor and maybe more popular. He also ran everything there.
    Also saw a report where he talked about saying things before he thought them thru was what he did and he would not change!!!!!!!!!!! Even his wife has tried to get him to shut up.

I said this would happen when they signed him just thought it would not be so soon.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I doubt Pedey will be ever playing cribbage with Bobby V.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Only one active manager does what BV does and he is in Miami and almost got him self fired. There are no other managers that have doen what BV just did and last long. Players make much more than managers. So if guys like DP and Youk are pissed they will stay and BV will go. Not saying this will happen but BV must change. Saw a show obn him in Japan people followed him every where. They even chased him when he rode his bike. He was able to do it (mouth) in Japan because he was nearly as popular as the Emperor and maybe more popular. He also ran everything there. Also saw a report where he talked about saying things before he thought them thru was what he did and he would not change!!!!!!!!!!! Even his wife has tried to get him to shut up. I said this would happen when they signed him just thought it would not be so soon.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

but BV must change. 

Never going to happen. bubby v is who he is, an egotistical blowhard that likes to hear himself talk without thinking.

So if guys like DP and Youk are pissed they will stay and BV will go

I thought it was interesting that youk was seen meeting with GM cherry this morning.

Maybe the mutiny of the USS bubby v has already begun. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Need more proof that the players ran the asylum last year?: 

"I don’t really understand what Bobby’s trying to do, but that’s not the way we go about our stuff around here. I’m sure he’ll figure that out soon.''...Dustin Pedroia

Hey Pedey...last I checked, BV was the BOSS and you guys are the EMPLOYEES.

Translated...You do things HIS way, not the other way around!  He doesn't have to figure anything out!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

B.V. could not lead this club thru a Chinese whorehouse with a 100 lb bag of rice !!!!

Sections
Shortcuts