WOW! PEDY rips out valentine's heart! I blame tonight's loss on V as well, VAL =TIM THOMAS!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one!

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one!:
    B.V. could not lead this club thru a Chinese whorehouse with a 100 lb bag of rice !!!!
    Posted by TSWFAN

Huh?!?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one! : Huh?!?
    Posted by antibody

B.V lacks in leadership qualities. Old military saying.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

O.K.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

everyone always says bv thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and always overthinks things.. well, i blame this LOSS today on bv. perhaps with everyone focused on the task at hand both tangibly and intangibly, we have a sweep esp when tampa  came into the game 2-0 on our own patriots day and were kinda desperate. you do not distract your team with moronic commments like what bv did. pedy had no idea what he meant and i'm sure the entire team had no clue what he meant either. oh yep, bv is so smart, his genius is not to be seen by the naked eye. bla bla.. tito was bad as the ship sank, bv's problem is he's bad when the ship's not sinking! this ain't no beanbag team, the ship aint be sinking for most of the time, so bv will have to manage and enjoy success. bv sank our ship before the game even started today! even if true, you think pai needs to hear today that he's no physically or emotionally the same? knowing bv, he will save that for bard or cody ross.. wink wink!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

stupid move by valentine because no amount of apology can ever take it back or make it right.

if, as the manager, you don't like how someone is playing speak to him in the privacy of your office.

unfortunately, i will predict that valentine does the same thing to some other player before too long.  this type of leadership behavior will not work anywhere.

like or dislike youkilis, this is not the way to treat an athlete on your team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

You are feeding a media fire ...... Don't buy into this crap ..... Real issue is youk has a bad groin!!!
    Posted by rsinsider

And that would be a real issue for most of us ....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

stupid move by valentine because no amount of apology can ever take it back or make it right. if, as the manager, you don't like how someone is playing speak to him in the privacy of your office. unfortunately, i will predict that valentine does the same thing to some other player before too long.  this type of leadership behavior will not work anywhere. like or dislike youkilis, this is not the way to treat an athlete on your team.
    Posted by charliedarling

Spot on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one! : B.V lacks in leadership qualities. Old military saying.
    Posted by TSWFAN
    how about bobby v could not lead his team thru a 2-car funeral! just sayin....

anyway, to the cribbage guy.. pedy would play, he would just stuff the pieces down his throat. lets see if bobby v can eat rice and cribbage.. is nt that popular in england? i digress..

lastly, for the old school guy who says that this proves the inmates ran the asylum last year.. you forget something, that asylum produced TWO rings! how many rings has bv produced in this culture/country! less than those 2 rings i believe! also, common sense says when the players all have 2 year deals and you come in with a 2 year deal with fairly minimal money compared to your peers, you should not try to mandate respect but work within what worked in the first place. i'm so proud of pedy for that statement. he speaks for a lot more people than you may think. bv is an obstacle to winning. others like phil jackson, doc rivers, and belichick are also prone to the genius approach at times but no way they just impulsively blurt out the stuff bv REGULARLY does. they can control their genius switch!

bv really proves how AWOL sox management was with their own clubhouse. this team was in a dominant position til the last month when everything conspired all at once to knock them down. they certainly werent losing it by self-destructing this early. tito was the perfect manager for over 7 years and kept the asylum together in his own quiet way. bv's in danger of blowing it all up in less than 4 months on the job. incredible! perhaps the sox management needs to sign off on more media shows for bv.

god knows he needs to talk and get his brand out there. like with that saturday night live skit, we need more cowbell from bobby valentine. the bobby v show, show in NY, show io\n boston radio, perhaps an espn weekly gig to come (he has nothing national yet.. hey the world wants more bobby v).. lets have the manager spend every free second bloviating, what can go wrong? tito had one show as far as i know.. evrery week with mut and lou on eei.. period! seemed to work pretty goood for 7 years.. again, y blow it up?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Only one active manager does what BV does and he is in Miami and almost got him self fired. There are no other managers that have doen what BV just did and last long. Players make much more than managers. So if guys like DP and Youk are pissed they will stay and BV will go. Not saying this will happen but BV must change. Saw a show obn him in Japan people followed him every where. They even chased him when he rode his bike. He was able to do it (mouth) in Japan because he was nearly as popular as the Emperor and maybe more popular. He also ran everything there. Also saw a report where he talked about saying things before he thought them thru was what he did and he would not change!!!!!!!!!!! Even his wife has tried to get him to shut up. I said this would happen when they signed him just thought it would not be so soon.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida
    I STARTED A THREAD a short while back called ozzie =valentine AND SOME took shots at poor old me.. oh well! bobby is what he is. the national and local media love this stuff and will keep it going indefinitely. then again, v loves it too for it keeps his name and brand out there ad nauseaum. what a package. its all about v and he has the bigggest stage now. i wonder who he'll call out before the next yankee series to make sure its all eyes on him again? bte, did anyone notice that pedy did not get booed by the home crowd today? anyone noticed what happened whenn bv came out of the comforts of his dugout? the fans have spoken, the team is speaking, the media is speaking, his ex-mates (incl schilll) have spoken... soon, mr. v you will be the wekest link..GOODBYE!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one! I blame today's loss on V!

I am calling it ... eventually BV will wear out his welcome this season. LaRussa will get bored with retirement and Sox will hire Tony for 2013.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

CC Bobby  V didn't handle this right but you're going way over the top as usual. This is not the huge deal you make it out to be. If the Sox win this stuff won't matter. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one! : for one, Jeter wouldn't do that, not saying that DP is wrong, just that he's wired that way, Jeter carries himself a bit differently...Dustin's known for shooting from the hip...i guess it will come down to whether or not Valentine takes umbrage with Pedroia's remarks, big picture says internally it will pass, now....will the media vultures feed the frenzy?.....guess we'll find out...    
    Posted by jete02fan

didn't Jeter do the same thing last year when Posada "couldn't play" and took himself out of the game?? If I recall correctly, it resulted in Jeter having a meeting with Cashman and Girardi and issuing a statement afterward that they were in effect, all on the same page.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Not a great day for Valentine but just a day in the life of season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one! I blame today's loss on V!:
    this has become ugly folks. pedy just went to the airwaves and tore into bobby v. at first i thought it was just another media exaggeration but bv is clearly on probation within his own clubhouse. the inmates are making it very clear that this better be his final slip or else... bv is in danger of losing this team. pedy basically said "perhaps thats the way they do it in japan, but that wont work here in the united states.. when you win 3 games in a row, you want to feel good about yourself, you cant have the manager out there ripping people. we like and trust youk, what's he talking about? this is not how we do things around here, that crap wont work in our clubhouse. i dont know what he meant, i cant figure that stuff out but he cant be doing stuff like that"... in absolute terms, he made it clear that wont stand and overwhelmingly supported youk.. this really was about francona vs the valentine way.. clearly that clubhouse wants a tito! no way they are going to get rid of pedy and others for a bobby v.   pedy is the jeter of the sox. imagine if jeter went on the air and ripped into girardi this way?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

I'm not sure how to take this, or Valentine anymore.  I was all for supporting the guy in place of Tito for reasons that don't need reiterating but after listening to a "post game Q & A" yesterday its clear Bobby isn't as bright as some think.  He stumbled through, not knowing how to respond to the very few questions asked to the point the media decided to cut things short.  This never happened with Tito, who not only answered questions pretty well but never had "dead silence' in between statements from the media.

Valentine may be out of his league in Boston folks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

This kind of thing is going to go on all season. 

"Ignore the noise" BB

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

...as for the "who's in charge" question, I remember in Ball Four Bouton gives the "baseball chain of command" and it's something like this:
    • coaches
    • scrub players
    • good players
    • manager
    • star players
    • GM
    • owner
    ...and if anything star players have more power now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Re: WOW! PEDY rips out valentine's heart! I blame today's loss on V!

Hopefully, Bobby V. will take some kind of AA oath at this point, and not call out his players for the forseeable future...He can try to repair the damage by building relationships with the players, and by avoiding so many "candid' media moments...The fact that Bard pitched well today shows you just how competitive this 2012 Red Sox team is..Bobby V. needs to let this team play and keep his "media spotlight" tendencies under wraps...The loss of Ellsbury will not be easy to negotiate, and you want all hands on board to negotiate a difficult time for the Bosox...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one! I blame today's loss on V!:
    In Response to WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one! I blame today's loss on V! : I'm not sure how to take this, or Valentine anymore.  I was all for supporting the guy in place of Tito for reasons that don't need reiterating but after listening to a "post game Q & A" yesterday its clear Bobby isn't as bright as some think.  He stumbled through, not knowing how to respond to the very few questions asked to the point the media decided to cut things short.  This never happened with Tito, who not only answered questions pretty well but never had "dead silence' in between statements from the media. Valentine may be out of his league in Boston folks.
    Posted by craze4sox
    Bad combination in Bobby Valentine. I got why the RS parted with Francona after the way 2011 ended.

But I have never understood this hire which clearly appears to have been championed by Larry Luccino. I am a big fan of what LL has accomplished in Boston but this was a head scratcher.

Reasons:

Bobby isn't really in sync with the core philosophy of FO, he likes to force action with his moves as opposed to letting the percentages work. If the RS weren't going to change direction in the FO (Cherington is not a major change), you end up with a team built to perform one way and manager who wishes to play the game another way. This was no secret as Bobby had plenty of chances to opine as a ESPN analyst.

Bobby loves to talk off the cuff rather than measure his words, bad combination in Boston, being a blabber mouth who speaks and then thinks about what he just said.

Bobby puts himself before organization and anybody else. While far from a world ender, what a bad choice it was to take a weekly gig on Michael Kay's radio show.

While the air needed to be cleared in the room after the "Collapse" I just don't see what Bobby V who had been out of MLB for almost a decade brought to the table.

Then again when Epstein wanted to walk after the 2005 season Larry wanted to hire Jim Bowden, who was a major train wreck with the Nationals.   

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Pedey shouldn't have said anything.......between Youk and the manager.
    Posted by Iceman4

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Re: WOW! PEDY rips out valentine's heart! I blame today's loss on V!

I agree ! Pedy doesn't manage this team, Bobb V does. Go back to playing 2b - this is is Francona talking, so glad he's gone,

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one! :
    Posted by jader

If it was really between BV and Youk it wouldn't have been aired in public, once that occured it involved everyone. The Sox have the talent to win but you can't have someone stirring the pot and causing these little controversies everytime you turn around...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Pedey shouldn't have said anything.......between Youk and the manager.
    Posted by Iceman4

The team comes first.  Pedey said the right thing.  It's entirely possible that BV is a little detached.

Sections
Shortcuts