WOW! PEDY rips out valentine's heart! I blame tonight's loss on V as well, VAL =TIM THOMAS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Re: WOW! PEDY rips out valentine's heart! I blame today's loss on V!

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY rips out valentine's heart! I blame today's loss on V!:
    It was all smoothed out today between BV, Youk, and Pedey. Issue is over with - closed. Once again it is the Boston media making a mountain out of a molehill.
    Posted by Calzone65

Valentine apologized to Youkilis during the third baseman’s visit to the manager’s office. Valentine said he thought Youkilis came in to talk about his sore groin; instead he brought up his comments.

Valentine said his apology was sincere, but he wasn’t sure if Youkilis accepted it.

“I was just trying to smooth it over,” he said. “I guess I didn’t.”

Yup, certainly sounds smoothed over to me, pike.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

YOUK IS NEARING THE END OF THE ROAD. HIS HITTING
    STUNK TOWARD THE END OF LAST YEAR AND HE IS PICKING
    UP RIGHT WHERE HE LEFT OFF. BASEBALL IS A RESULT
    ORIENTED GAME....AND YOUK IS JUST NOT GETTING IT DONE
    AS FAR AS KNOCKING IN RUNS AND BEING A THREAT IN THE
    MIDDLE OF THE ORDER. HIS WEIRD STANCE HAS TO BE A
    FACTOR IN THIS. YES...HE GETS WALKS. BUT THE UMPS ARE
    GONNA RING HIM UP FAR MORE THAN PREVIOUSLY BECAUSE
    THEY ARE TIRED OF HIS LITTLE ACT AT THE PLATE. THIRD
    BASE IS A POWER POSITION...I.E. WRIGHT, LONGORIA,
    A ROD, EVEN LAWRIE AND HANLEY TO STRETCH IT A BIT.
    AND LEST WE FORGET ABOUT MIGGIE CABRERA THE PREMIERE
    POWER 3B IN THE LEAGUE. YOUK BATTING LESS THAN
    .200 WILL NOT GET IT DONE, IF THAT IS WHERE HE IS IN
    MAY. THEY MAY HAVE TO TRADE OR BRING UP MIDDLEBROOK
    AND TAKE THEIR CHANCE. PEDROIA SHOULD SHUT HIS
    PIEHOLE AND DO WHAT HE DOES BEST !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Valentine said his apology was sincere, but he wasn’t sure if Youkilis accepted it.

What the F...!!!!  Why even make that comment?  It serves no purpose.  The issue was old news until BV's comment fanned the flames.  This is a guy that managed in NYC so he has experience dealing with an aggressive media.  He should know better.

What a moron? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

TIBINFL....come on......as this thread has gone on I've seen nothing but you twisting things to continue your trolling....okay we understand you don't care for Bobby V.....you've made your point.....so my guess is you will continue to criticize him no matter what he does...right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY rips out valentine's heart! I blame today's loss on V!:
    TIBINFL....come on......as this thread has gone on I've seen nothing but you twisting things to continue your trolling....okay we understand you don't care for Bobby V.....you've made your point.....so my guess is you will continue to criticize him no matter what he does...right?
    Posted by Iceman4

No, I didn't "twist" anything. But if pike is going to continually come here and say that everything is OK and all "smoothed over" when that is clearly NOT the case, I am going to point it out.

And I do hate bubby v and the red sawx, so this is a match made in heaven as far as I am concerned and I will enjoy every minute of it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY rips out valentine's heart! I blame today's loss on V! : You are as clueless as can be. First off, they have to talk to the media. Secondly, bubby v, much like you, will never learn. He loves to talk to the media. Never met a microphone he didn't like. Third, controversy sells, so the media is always going to ask those types of questions. It's bubby v's inability to successfully navigate through them that is the problem, not the reporters asking the questions. Are you really that dumb pike or are you just playing with us?
    Posted by TBINFL

Damn, I hate it when Babe is right!
    (Fortunately, it's not that often).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one!

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one!:
    In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one! : didn't Jeter do the same thing last year when Posada "couldn't play" and took himself out of the game?? If I recall correctly, it resulted in Jeter having a meeting with Cashman and Girardi and issuing a statement afterward(as in internally) that they were in effect, all on the same page.
    Posted by J-BAY
    no, he didn't..his remarks weren't public...and your last line confirms my point...anyway J, this isn't me coming down on DP, just saying Jeter wouldn't respond in that fashion, if nothing else, you know Pedroia's comments are certainly NOT rooted in self-interest...no judgement here..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY rips out valentine's heart! I blame today's loss on V! : Damn, I hate it when Babe is right! (Fortunately, it's not that often).
    Posted by LloydDobler

Tongue Out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

It is insane, Pedey should have kept his "twitter" mouth shut; at the same time BV said too much.....

This plainly is not a good thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Pedey will be gone if he doesn't shut up and just play ball.  Sure he liked the way Tito managed.  Tito was afraid of them and let them do what they wanted.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one!

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one!:
    In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one! : no, he didn't..his remarks weren't public...and your last line confirms my point...anyway J, this isn't me coming down on DP, just saying Jeter wouldn't respond in that fashion, if nothing else, you know Pedroia's comments are certainly NOT rooted in self-interest...no judgement here..
    Posted by jete02fan

They were public, Jete, which is what lead to the meeting and the public statement. Same scenario, he was asked by a reporter after the game in the clubhouse. I remember being surprised that Jeter would say something other than his usual company man response. Actually had respect for him doing it and having Posadas back. He may have chosen his words more carefully, but in effect was saying and doing the same thing.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY rips out valentine's heart! I blame today's loss on V! : Dustin Pedroia has become the leader in the Red Sox clubhouse and on Monday, he and new Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine went about trying to repair the damage from Valentine's public criticism of Kevin Youkilis during an interview Sunday on WHDH-TV. "Everything's fine," Pedroia said after Monday's 1-0 loss to the Rays. "We talked about it and we're good." Youkilis said after the game that he had spoken to Valentine and said, “We’re fine.’’
    Posted by Calzone65

LOL...yeah, that proves everything.

What did you expect the hobbit to say...."We all hate bubby v and can't wait til he is fired!"????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

It was also the question posed by the media that ignited the fire. If I were Cherrington I would instruct BV not to talk to the media since the negative fallout is trumping anything positive. The media is posing questions that are designed to cause a soap opera.
    Posted by Calzone65

So it's the media's fault that Bobby V. made inappropriate and inaccurate comments?

There are actually 2 issues.  The first is whether bobby V. should have made those comments to the media.  But what has me more concerned was how inaccurate they are.  Bobby V. wasn't event aware of how well Youk had been playing as of late. 

How could the manager not know that Youk had broken out of his slump 3 days ago and was having a very good series?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We all love Pedey , and it's nice to see him defend a teammate.  However , look at it this way ; you work in an office , things are not going well , your boss gets fired, the new boss says something that you don't like, so you tell him ," that's not the way we do things here."  How would that work out?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

We all love Pedey , and it's nice to see him defend a teammate.  However , look at it this way ; you work in an office , things are not going well , your boss gets fired, the new boss says something that you don't like, so you tell him ," that's not the way we do things here."  How would that work out?
    Posted by dgalehouse

Exactly. But pike's myopia renders him unable to see this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Posted by dgalehouse

difference being, gale, office workers are more disposable and replaceable than the players, especially of Pedroia caliber. While I think it's generally the owners place to put the manager in his, someone in the clubhouse had step up and have Youks back, especially after what transpired last year.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Pedey will be gone if he doesn't shut up and just play ball.  Sure he liked the way Tito managed.  Tito was afraid of them and let them do what they wanted.
    Posted by MichFan

Maybe in Japan that would happen, but in Boston an elite, iconic, beloved player signed for a relative pittance of $39m for his (four) 28-31 year old seasons is going nowhere.  If it comes down to it, 100 times out of 100 the Sox are sticking with Pedroia over the aging, short-term "fix" of a manager Valentine.  Get real.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

did i miss it, or has P.Abe weighed in???....surprised if he hasn't..

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

You folks just amuse me.  How many threads or posts were prior to all this about Youkilis was over the hill, fading, yada yada yada.  Youk wasn't looking like the guy we've all come to know on the field or at the plate.  Valentine's job is to call these guys out when it looks like something ain't right - physical or mental - no, he should not have done it in the press - but the multi-million dollar players don't seem to respond to the nice little private talks anymore - ask Tito.  So Valentine puts it out there - puts the ball in Youk's court  - like "Cmon - prove me wrong! Let's see the old Youk or figure out what's wrong" - Youk responded - his right to do so- Pedey jumping in and making his defense of Youk really personal against Valentine in an ugly and condescending way was wrong - Pedey's feelings are hurt cuz his cribbage buddy and surrogate father was fired.  He acts like he was waiting for the chance to publicly ridicule Valentine.  These guys have lost all sight of the line between players and management.   Tell you something else, guys like Shaunnessy are passing up no opportunity to fan the flames of any hint of problems - his article released just ahead of opening game at Fenway was over the top inflammatory - all in the name of drumming up pr for his and Francona's book. Anybody jumping on the bandwagon of hoping the sox fail in order to somehow vindicate Francona are shameless and have no right to even refer to themselves as a Red Sox fan.   Youk is one of my all time favs just cause he always plays hard - but truth is he didn't look the same at least in early games. Wish he would just have responded by saying - "I'm having a slow start, but I'm confident in what I bring to the game..I give it 100% every game I play and that hasn't changed."

Only reason this has gotten ugly is cause people want it to be ugly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingOSmakk. Show KingOSmakk's posts

Wow...

Peed-ee is one bad mo-fo.

he is pretty mouthy for a dwarf.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

pedroia is the last person i would have expected to hear this from.....he has been so consistent for this team.....its just sad to think that maybe he doesnt get it like the majority of the team because i thought him and ellsbury, and maybe aviles were the only players who were playing the right way

Sections
Shortcuts