Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford

Wonder if this contributed to poor last year performance?  Hope so...maybe he will return to what he is capable of and give some good time to the Sox this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

oy vay

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

maybe that's why he couldn't pick up the phone....  Laughing

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford:
    By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff Red Sox left fielder Carl Crawford had surgery on his left wrist in Arizona today. GM Ben Cherington said Crawford should be recovered to play "the bulk" of the season. Crawford felt soreness when he started his offseason hitting workouts. He had an MRI that showed cartilage damage and arthroscopic surgery was recommended. Cherington did not rule Crawford being eligible for Opening Day. But it sounds like he could miss the early part of the season. More to come on this.
    Posted by 2004Idiots

Strange...and can we be done with this injury bug already!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The hits just keep coming. the 2012 season is looking better than ever. All we need now is one injury to one of our top three guys this spring training and Young Ben may become our 5th starter. In the military we learned than nothing goes according to plan and Murphy comes to war. Three is two and two is one. this addresses our top three starters if one of them goes down with an injury.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford:
    The hits just keep coming. the 2012 season is looking better than ever. All we need now is one injury to one of our top three guys this spring training and Young Ben may become our 5th starter. In the military we learned than nothing goes according to plan and Murphy comes to war. Three is two and two is one. this addresses our top three starters if one of them goes down with an injury.
    Posted by AL34

Did the military ever teach confidence, resolve, never-say-die, and intestinal fortitude? I don't recall pictures of Chicken Little on the barrack's walls.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : Did the military ever teach confidence, resolve, never-say-die, and intestinal fortitude? I don't recall pictures of Chicken Little on the barrack's walls.
    Posted by UticaClub
    There was no room on the walls for pictures of Chicken Little. You had covered them with dreary uplift and snotty remarks about normal GI grumbling.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : There was no room on the walls for pictures of Chicken Little. You had covered them with dreary uplift and snotty remarks about normal GI grumbling.
    Posted by expitch

dreary uplift.  interesting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Assuming the worst and hoping for the best,who plays LF while Crapford rehabs? Another trade or bring up the youngsters and let them have a shot? I'm sure FA's who play LF are having visions of dollar signs dance in their heads.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : thanks they were all over me yesterday
    Posted by pinstripezac

Ditto, Zac. Nice!

What, you got Yoshimi designing your avatar now?  LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Assuming the worst and hoping for the best,who plays LF while Crapford rehabs? Another trade or bring up the youngsters and let them have a shot? I'm sure FA's who play LF are having visions of dollar signs dance in their heads.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

Aviles?? He's reportedly been playing outfield in a winter league

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jb12bb. Show jb12bb's posts

Hope they have insurance on that contract:

They are now short a LF and a guy like Cody Ross would fit the bill at a one year deal.  Its time to spend a little money and round off this team.  The back of that order and rotation are thin.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

This sounds suspicious to me.

Really.

OK, so maybe he felt something in his wrist, maybe no.

OK, so with the turmoil on the medical staff, he had no one to talk to.

Yeah, that's it.

Not sure what to make of it.

Really!!!

Not sure what to make of this team and the FO either.

Let me shake up my magic 8 ball to see what it all means.

Yup.

Thought so.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Seems to be a continuing pattern of the medical staff being unable to diagnose and treat injuries. If there was a problem , he should have been examined right after the season. The surgery could have been done then, and he would have been ready for spring training. We saw the same thing with Kalish.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : Did the military ever teach confidence, resolve, never-say-die, and intestinal fortitude? I don't recall pictures of Chicken Little on the barrack's walls.
    Posted by UticaClub

Burned...... AL34 must have been a soft skill POG

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

Amamzing this couldnt have been discovered in October or November.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Not knowing the specifics it's hard to hazard a guess, but I'm on record on this site calling for a change to our medical staff months ago. I've seen too many misdiagnoses, and flawed treatment approaches over the years.  I wouldn't send my dog to those over paid morons. They seem to do everything possible to keep players off the field. This should have been dealt with in October. 

Seems to be a continuing pattern of the medical staff being unable to diagnose and treat injuries. If there was a problem , he should have been examined right after the season. The surgery could have been done then, and he would have been ready for spring training. We saw the same thing with Kalish.
    Posted by dgalehouse

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hamillOZ. Show hamillOZ's posts

Could be worse. Look at what happen to Vmart today.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford":
    Not knowing the specifics it's hard to hazard a guess, but I'm on record on this site calling for a change to our medical staff months ago. I've seen too many misdiagnoses, and flawed treatment approaches over the years.  I wouldn't send my dog to those over paid morons. They seem to do everything possible to keep players off the field. This should have been dealt with in October.  In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : Posted by Teakus
    All players go through an "exit physical" at the end of season. Unless Crawford mentioned that his wrist didn't feel right at that point, how would a Doc know about it? I know "blame" is huge on this board, but its possible Crawford thought it was part of the normal aches and pains that all players feel at the end of the year and never mentioned it. If he did mention it, does anyone really think the Doc slapped him on the rear end and told him he'd be fine?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Good, opens up LF for a right-handed hitter. CC is what I said he was...an albatross...just like his fellow surgery mate Lackey.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cgmiles75. Show cgmiles75's posts

Wow, so now we're going into the season with Sweeney/Aviles/DMac comprising 2/3 of our OF. And to think people have been talking about waiting until the trade deadline to add pitching. It's looking more and more likely we'll be sellers by then.

Sections
Shortcuts