Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford

2003-2004 response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : What unit and when? I spent some quality time downrange as well..... Posted by stodknocker[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford:
    [QUOTE]2003-2004 Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

That's when I was there too. 173rd Airborne    Is 800th MP's a reserve unit?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcmcmahon. Show dcmcmahon's posts

Thanks for your service AL.  I too served, cold war submariner.  Better that CC has surgery now and get it fixed than let it linger all year long.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Yes it was a reserve unit. did you guys do the combat jump in northern Iraq? response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : That's when I was there too. 173rd Airborne    Is 800th MP's a reserve unit? Posted by stodknocker[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

You too. Thank you for your service as well, boomer or hunter killer ? hIn response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford": [QUOTE]Thanks for your service AL.  I too served, cold war submariner.  Better that CC has surgery now and get it fixed than let it linger all year long. Posted by dcmcmahon[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

[QUOTE]did you guys do the combat jump in northern Iraq? 
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Yup, that was us!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

My point was that that I am fed up with fans being anti-authority on every single one of their posts when you remember or see their post history. Being anti-authority half the time is understandable but not 100%.

These people on every single post bash their players, Tito, Theo, coaches, and ownership - it never stops. I just found it surprising that someone with that personality and temperment do an about face and admit that in the military; platoon leaders, sargeants, lieutenants, captains, majors, and generals, and the Commander-in-chief are always 100% right on every decision all of the time.

Some anti-authority people hate every teacher, professor, priest, pastor, politician, media reporter, columnist, and announcer. The Internet seems to draw these types - I don't know why.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I am not happy with the way they are behaving with this money issue. the contracts of Lackey and Matsusaka are insured and that will ease the pain of their loss in terms of finances. this team is a wealthy team and sometimes you have to spend when you take losses like we have on our staff. this picking up of other teams "Throwaways is nonsense and there is no guarantee on any of these so called projects, remember 2009 when we picked up Baldelli, Saito, Penny, and Smoltz. Did not workout well for us. In response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford": [QUOTE]My point was that that I am fed up with fans being anti-authority on every single one of their posts when you remember or see their post history. Being anti-authority half the time is understandable but not 100%.   These people on every single post bash their players, Tito, Theo, coaches, and ownership - it never stops. I just found it surprising that someone with that personality and temperment do an about face and admit that in the military; platoon leaders, sargeants, lieutenants, captains, majors, and generals, and the Commander-in-chief are always 100% right on every decision all of the time. Some anti-authority people hate every teacher, professor, priest, pastor, politician, media reporter, columnist, and announcer. The Internet seems to draw these types - I don't know why. Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Stodknocker did you make that jump in there. only combat jump of the Iraq War. That was some op because of Turkey's reluctance to let the 4th ID stage from there. In response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : Yup, that was us! Posted by stodknocker[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

[QUOTE]Stodknocker did you make that jump in there. only combat jump of the Iraq War. That was some op because of Turkey's reluctance to let the 4th ID stage from there. In response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Ya, so the birds took off from Aviano, Italy and which certainly pissed them off as well!

I unfortunately didn't get my mustard stain! I was on the manifest but I tore my ACL/Meniscus like 3 days before the deployment ADVON in Aviano, I shipped down in October after I did my surgery

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford:
    [QUOTE]By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff Red Sox left fielder Carl Crawford had surgery on his left wrist in Arizona today. GM Ben Cherington said Crawford should be recovered to play "the bulk" of the season. Crawford felt soreness when he started his offseason hitting workouts. He had an MRI that showed cartilage damage and arthroscopic surgery was recommended. Cherington did not rule Crawford being eligible for Opening Day. But it sounds like he could miss the early part of the season. More to come on this.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Like everyone, I was surprised about this. 

Two thoughts: 

I wonder if this impaired last season too.  (Others have wondered the same before me).  Hopefully it means he'll come back strong.  I also hope it doesn't put more pressure in hisown mind. 

The anti-Crawford gang will be in full over drive ....

GET WELL SOON CARL!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

comcast sports.net reported Crawford started experiencing pain in his wrist, when he began hitting in Texas, in early January. While there is no exact timeline,  he will ready to hit during spring training and is expected to be ready at the start of the season, if not opening day, shortly thereafter

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]I am not happy with the way they are behaving with this money issue. the contracts of Lackey and Matsusaka are insured and that will ease the pain of their loss in terms of finances. this team is a wealthy team and sometimes you have to spend when you take losses like we have on our staff. this picking up of other teams "Throwaways is nonsense and there is no guarantee on any of these so called projects, remember 2009 when we picked up Baldelli, Saito, Penny, and Smoltz. Did not workout well for us. In response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Thanks for answering none of my points.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Nice that Crawford enjoyed the holidays before getting surgery.  That was smart.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford": Thanks for your service AL. I never served, but I'm a student of military history, Civil War especially, and I can appreciate what you did.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

What does one surmise about right or wrong, morality, ethics, and patriotism, by being a student of the Civil War? Does one respect the South or North? The best thing is to study mankinds history in wars so that they will never be repeated again. Wars are the work of the devil.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

okay intestinal fortitude you were talking about people being negative on this board. these are my points as to why I am being negative. Last time I looked I think we have a freedom of speech in this country. I am not a kool-aid drinker either. In response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : Thanks for answering none of my points. Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Great to be an idealist but wars will cintinue to happen unfortunately and soldiers and civilians will be killed in them. until people learn to talk and the United Nations does its job which it was intended to do this will continue. response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : What does one surmise about right or wrong, morality, ethics, and patriotism, by being a student of the Civil War? Does one respect the South or North? The best thing is to study mankinds history in wars so that they will never be repeated again. Wars are the work of the devil. Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]I am not happy with the way they are behaving with this money issue. the contracts of Lackey and Matsusaka are insured and that will ease the pain of their loss in terms of finances. this team is a wealthy team and sometimes you have to spend when you take losses like we have on our staff. this picking up of other teams "Throwaways is nonsense and there is no guarantee on any of these so called projects, remember 2009 when we picked up Baldelli, Saito, Penny, and Smoltz. Did not workout well for us. In response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Thanks for proving the point of why the FO is bring on so many of these types of pitchers.  1 out of the 4 worked out in 2009, Saito.

He gave us a hair under 56 innings with an ERA of 2.43, striking out 8.4 batters per 9 innings.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Injured in mortar attack wrecked my right shoulder and waited till I got home to do it. five operations later and a laminectomy on my back with fusion. i am okay now and better than a lot of other soldiers cominghome. take care of that knee those are tough injuries ffor infantry soldiers to come back from. response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : Ya, so the birds took off from Aviano, Italy and which certainly pissed them off as well! I unfortunately didn't get my mustard stain! I was on the manifest but I tore my ACL/Meniscus like 3 days before the deployment ADVON in Aviano, I shipped down in October after I did my surgery Posted by stodknocker[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Thanks for your service and wish you both well

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]okay intestinal fortitude you were talking about people being negative on this board. these are my points as to why I am being negative. Last time I looked I think we have a freedom of speech in this country. I am not a kool-aid drinker either. In response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE

But why NEGATIVE , ALL OF THE TIME ON EVERY TOPIC? Your record on the forum speaks for itself.  How in the world can the FO be wrong 100% of the time? Why is your Red Sox world cloudy every single day? Nothing ever to be happy or content about. What a sad existence for you as a Red Sox fan. why not root for another team?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

he sticks out in my mind for blowing that 10 run lead against Baltimore. but you are right he was okay. response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : Thanks for proving the point of why the FO is bring on so many of these types of pitchers.  1 out of the 4 worked out in 2009, Saito. He gave us a hair under 56 innings with an ERA of 2.43, striking out 8.4 batters per 9 innings. Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Been a Sox fan since 1977 and haved loved them but not the management after letting Bay go, failing on Teixeira in 2008. I did not like the Cameron signing, liked Lackey and was not happyy they did not pick up help toward the end of 2011. i am not a kool aid drinker but will continue to root for them. if thats okay with you. n response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : [QUOTE]okay intestinal fortitude you were talking about people being negative on this board. these are my points as to why I am being negative. Last time I looked I think we have a freedom of speech in this country. I am not a kool-aid drinker either. In response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford": Posted by AL34[/QUOTE But why NEGATIVE , ALL OF THE TIME ON EVERY TOPIC? Your record on the forum speaks for itself.  How in the world can the FO be wrong 100% of the time? Why is your Red Sox world cloudy every single day? Nothing ever to be happy or content about. What a sad existence for you as a Red Sox fan. why not root for another team? Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Thanks JBay In response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford": [QUOTE]Thanks for your service and wish you both well Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]Great to be an idealist but wars will cintinue to happen unfortunately and soldiers and civilians will be killed in them. until people learn to talk and the United Nations does its job which it was intended to do this will continue. response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

I thank you for your SACRIFICE.  Wars are wrong. If every kid went to religious education in the world and listened and learned then and demonstrated against corrupt governments, then wars would never occur. Again I thank you for your SACRIFICE.

Sections
Shortcuts