Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford

Wow, somehow I shouldn't be surprised. Had never heard that term before, debridement;

Arthroscopic debridement is carried out on more minor damaged areas and is aimed at removing debris and smoothing surfaces to prevent or delay further progression of the problem. Debridement might involve one or more of the following surgical procedures:
    Removing loose debris within the joint using a tiny vacuum suction device
    Shaving the surface of the articular cartilage to smooth it out
    Trimming or removing cartilage

After debridement, return to normal activity will be governed by how much discomfort and swelling you experience. These are not usually severe and, if you were quite fit before surgery, you could be back to normal in a few weeks.

It just seems like all the other contenders are ramping up their rosters, and the Sox are working triage. We hoped for a better Carl Crawford, now we have to hope for a healthy Carl Crawford. The over/under for returning is about May 1st.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Glad he discovered it now instead of Apr

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Thanks theo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

and to think, Theo didnt want Jason Bay resigned because of what the med tests said!...

Theo split town in just the nick of time - between Dice K, LaCKEY, bECKETT, AND CC signings....caramba!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford:
    and to think, Theo didnt want Jason Bay resigned because of what the med tests said!... Theo split town in just the nick of time - between Dice K, LaCKEY, bECKETT, AND CC signings....caramba!
    Posted by georom4

Geo, this year is shaping up nicely. Hope you don't get bogged down to much correcting homework....the board 's gonna need a big dose of GEO-REALITY. Tell it like it is Bro.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I just Googled for the address of the:

BDC "Keeping it Real Club"

and all that I get is a P.O. Box

In the Bronx

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

wow, carl seems like he's been doomed every since he signed with the sox. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford :  Geo, this year is shaping up nicely. Hope you don't get bogged down to much correcting homework....the board 's gonna need a big dose of GEO-REALITY. Tell it like it is Bro.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

Statements like this is why I was questioning Youkillus20's loyalty

In this instance he is 100 percent sure that this injury

Must be the fault of management

Can't be bad luck

Can't be Crawford's fault

A Front Office Scapegoat is always the convenient answer.

You are either stupid or trolling.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : Statements like this is why I was questioning Youkillus20's loyalty In this instance he is 100 percent sure that this injury Must be the fault of management Can't be bad luck Can't be Crawford's fault A Front Office Scapegoat is always the convenient answer. You are either stupid or trolling.
    Posted by UticaClub

Wasn't Geo one of the most accurate prognosicators around here last year??
     He didn't buy the hype. Remember that "We won't Rest" Infomercial? At least JH didn't have the kahunas to raise ticket prices on the unwashed Nation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford :  Wasn't Geo one of the most accurate prognosicators around here last year??  He didn't buy the hype. Remember that "We won't Rest" Infomercial? At least JH didn't have the kahunas to raise ticket prices on the unwashed Nation.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

Who do you blame the CC injury on?

Try to use reason, logic, or just say that you aren't sure.

Why always use your emotions, agenda, and hatred instead?

Why the anti-authority gut reaction every single time?

Opinions that aren't thought out or researched are a dime a dozen.

How can you read about the injury and be so opinionated on it

One minute later?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The real trouble with this is that it short circuits what I was sure would be a bounce back year for him. He won't resume baseball activities til sometime during ST, if even that. That means he won't get the reps and at bats he needs to start the season running, so even when he gets back he won't be what he should be. It worries me because it sets us up for another medeiocre season. One was tolerable, but if we start getting into two or three years like that, then he really IS a bust IMO. One good thing about this though, Softy's dream of trading Ellsbury this offseason is forever crushed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

wow, carl seems like he's been doomed every since he signed with the sox. 
    Posted by proftom

It happened to Ken Griffey Jr. in Cincinnatti. To his credit, he produced well when he was out there, but just couldn't shake the injuries--and they were usually serious. I think he'd have easily passed 700 HR had he stayed healthy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

According to the article, Crawford has had a history of wrist injuries. So given that, why did not the Red Sox medical staff stay on top of this? Seems very wierd and frankly stupid on Carl's and the Red Sox medical staff part. Third place is slipping away very quickly.....and Pike stuff your polyanish dribble straight away.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford :  Geo, this year is shaping up nicely. Hope you don't get bogged down to much correcting homework....the board 's gonna need a big dose of GEO-REALITY. Tell it like it is Bro.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

lol thanks Youk...Utica/Pike just reasoned that we signed papi so that the Yanks wouldnt (like the yanks truly wanted another thirty something dh making 14 mil a yr)...this is the kind of nonsense us "trolls" have to deal with...

Im just quite confused that if the luxury tax was so important top BenC, then why did he offer a boatload of money to Papi...this suggests a lack of long term planning, competence, or smarts...either way I am getting quite discouraged hearing people say we have to move Scutaro to save money (6million) but then they say nothing of the 2011 ingrate veterans who make 2-3x that and did nothing last year except bioatch and moan...Scutaro, Pedey,  Salty, and Ells (now at 8 million a yr) were totally worth the money they make...

these same posters dont want Oswalt (who had ONE injury year last yr and who is a horse of a starter) for 8 million....in the same breath they defend Beckett, despite what BOTH of his major league managers said about his behavior on off days, but think his salary is ok at 16 mil a yr.

this is dumb and needs to be called out everyday...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : Who do you blame the CC injury on?  Try to use reason, logic, or just say that you aren't sure.   Why always use your emotions, agenda, and hatred instead?   Why the anti-authority gut reaction every single time? Opinions that aren't thought out or researched are a dime a dozen. How can you read about the injury and be so opinionated on it One minute later?
    Posted by UticaClub

What??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : lol thanks Youk...Utica/Pike just reasoned that we signed papi so that the Yanks wouldnt (like the yanks truly wanted another thirty something dh making 14 mil a yr)...this is the kind of nonsense us "trolls" have to deal with... Im just quite confused that if the luxury tax was so important top BenC, then why did he offer a boatload of money to Papi...this suggests a lack of long term planning, competence, or smarts...either way I am getting quite discouraged hearing people say we have to move Scutaro to save money (6million) but then they say nothing of the 2011 ingrate veterans who make 2-3x that and did nothing last year except bioatch and moan...Scutaro, Pedey,  Salty, and Ells (now at 8 million a yr) were totally worth the money they make... these same posters dont want Oswalt (who had ONE injury year last yr and who is a horse of a starter) for 8 million....in the same breath they defend Beckett, despite what BOTH of his major league managers said about his behavior on off days, but think his salary is ok at 16 mil a yr. this is dumb and needs to be called out everyday...
    Posted by georom4

I thought that you wanted Papi a for 2 yrs - $20 mil. and insisted that Papi was OK with that offer. Of course you will refuse to admit that quote.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : I thought that you wanted Papi a for 2 yrs - $20 mil. and insisted that Papi was OK with that offer. Of course you will refuse to admit that quote.
    Posted by UticaClub

I did...and still do, but I have no idea why they would do this if they were intent on staying under the luxury tax...i could care less about the tax, but apparently BenC does so if you had to prioritize, would you have signed Papi????? or wouldnt you have waited it out at least???? I wanted them to resign Paplebon too but they let him walk for $$$$$ concerns....so if this is their grand design, why would they sign him for all that cash? Do you have an answer for that? That was my point....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Yeah they did thats why I have a bronze star and combat action medal from Iraq. This does not apply to baseball and a weathy team like the Red Sox playing poverty games. Where did you serve. i response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford":
    In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : Did the military ever teach confidence, resolve, neve. r-say-die, and intestinal fortitude? I don't recall pictures of Chicken Little on the barrack's walls. Posted by UticaClub

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : lol thanks Youk...Utica/Pike just reasoned that we signed papi so that the Yanks wouldnt (like the yanks truly wanted another thirty something dh making 14 mil a yr)...this is the kind of nonsense us "trolls" have to deal with... Im just quite confused that if the luxury tax was so important top BenC, then why did he offer a boatload of money to Papi...this suggests a lack of long term planning, competence, or smarts...either way I am getting quite discouraged hearing people say we have to move Scutaro to save money (6million) but then they say nothing of the 2011 ingrate veterans who make 2-3x that and did nothing last year except bioatch and moan...Scutaro, Pedey,  Salty, and Ells (now at 8 million a yr) were totally worth the money they make... these same posters dont want Oswalt (who had ONE injury year last yr and who is a horse of a starter) for 8 million....in the same breath they defend Beckett, despite what BOTH of his major league managers said about his behavior on off days, but think his salary is ok at 16 mil a yr. this is dumb and needs to be called out everyday...
    Posted by georom4

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Does anyone know what the Yanks paid for the DH position in recent years ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Almost 13 million for Posada intestinal fortitude?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford":
    Yeah they did thats why I have a bronze star and combat action medal from Iraq. This does not apply to baseball and a weathy team like the Red Sox playing poverty games. Where did you serve. i response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford": Posted by AL34
    Thanks for your service AL. I never served, but I'm a student of military history, Civil War especially, and I can appreciate what you did.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

Yeah they did thats why I have a bronze star and combat action medal from Iraq. This does not apply to baseball and a weathy team like the Red Sox playing poverty games. Where did you serve. i response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford":
    Posted by AL34

What unit and when? I spent some quality time downrange as well.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

800th Military Police Brigade. In response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford":
    In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : What unit and when? I spent some quality time downrange as well..... Posted by stodknocker

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Thank you Examiner, good to be home but tough dealing with Vets Admin and Army Disability system. response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford":
    In response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford": Thanks for your service AL. I never served, but I'm a student of military history, Civil War especially, and I can appreciate what you did. Posted by TheExaminer

Sections
Shortcuts