Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford

In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford:
    [QUOTE]he sticks out in my mind for blowing that 10 run lead against Baltimore. but you are right he was okay. response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

You sure you're thinking of the right guy and team?  I can't find anything about that happening against the O's.

Only game I can find that you may be thinking of was against the Rays.  Even then he only gave up 2 hits, a walk and 2 ER in 1 2/3 inning.

He didn't have any outings where he was charged with more than 2 runs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Agreed about talking and religion. good talking with you UticaCab. In response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : I thank you for your SACRIFICE.  Wars are wrong. If every kid went to religious education in the world and listened and learned then and demonstrated against corrupt governments, then wars would never occur. Again I thank you for your SACRIFICE. Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

lets just hope crawford is able to get back in time for the start of the season. maybe this wrist problem had something to do with how bad he did last year. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for your service and wish you both well
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Thanks JBAY ! You're very welcome!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Great 20M a year InEpstein signing. The guy had horrible mechanics, and teams will soon find that more mileage on reverse pivot Ellsbury will result in similar absurd market price for another clone player. Nearly 30 million a year on fric and frac! Ellsbury's 8M this year and 10M next year should be traded while he is considered by some as the best player in MLB. If Ellsbury is the best player in MLB, Pujols and Agon must be Babe Ruth and Ted Williams. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncsoxfan4life. Show ncsoxfan4life's posts

LET ME SEE THE SEASON ENDED IN LATE SEPT WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG ? WHAT UP WITH THE SOX MEDICAL TEAM ? ANYONE KNOW ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]LET ME SEE THE SEASON ENDED IN LATE SEPT WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG ? WHAT UP WITH THE SOX MEDICAL TEAM ? ANYONE KNOW ?
    Posted by ncsoxfan4life[/QUOTE]

Catastrophically inept bunglers.  See my new sig line, a quote from Ellsbury.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : I thank you for your SACRIFICE.  Wars are wrong. If every kid went to religious education in the world and listened and learned then and demonstrated against corrupt governments, then wars would never occur. Again I thank you for your SACRIFICE.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

You are saying that MORE religion would equal LESS war?  I see it the other way round....religion breeds hate, always has.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

[QUOTE]The hits just keep coming. the 2012 season is looking better than ever. All we need now is one injury to one of our top three guys this spring training and Young Ben may become our 5th starter. In the military we learned than nothing goes according to plan and Murphy comes to war. Three is two and two is one. this addresses our top three starters if one of them goes down with an injury.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]
    This would be RS worst nightmare. No one even close to ready in minors, and w/ Bards ip to be limited this would definately be a turn of the lights season done scenario. This might be the thinnest in terms of depth RS starting rotation we've seen in quite a few years. If Ben thinks Aceves / Doubront/Miller/Padilla/Cook could take spot of 1 of top 3, we're in a lot of trouble. These guys should be battling for the 6-10 spots not the #5 spot in the RS rotation. We need 1 more guy to feel comfortable w/ this rotation. The good news, the way things are shaping up Oswalt may fall into our laps at a bargain. Don't see many landing spots for him, anyone else?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Crystal Ball:  July 4, 2012, forum inundated with "Do you think Crawfords wrist is still bothering him," or "Crawfords continued slump all due to the wrist," threads.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]LET ME SEE THE SEASON ENDED IN LATE SEPT WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG ? WHAT UP WITH THE SOX MEDICAL TEAM ? ANYONE KNOW ?

It could have happened during his off season workouts.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Needing a bench player to start the season isn't really that much different than needing a bench player to fill in for a few weeks in July. After all that is why you need a deep bench. The other alternative is to have four OF starters with one of them disappointed with his playing time and then becomes a malcontent while sitting on the bench.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tstick5. Show tstick5's posts

This organization has become a joke...All the while, laughing to the bank!! They haven't done a single thing to improve this ballclub, save for adding a load of injured pitchers off the scrap heap! They know that people will still pay and fill the seats, regardless of what they do, or in this case, don't spend! They have a hole in RF, an injured underperforming LF, an aging SS, an oft injured out of shape 3B, three of the five spots in the rotation filled with beer drinking and fried chicken eating starters that can't go more than 5 innings....the remaining two spots open to all who apply, and a bullpen filled with injury plagued inexperienced guys who "might" be able to close for you! Third place in the AL East is my prediction! DON'T GO TO THE PARK THIS SUMMER!! Find something better to do with your time!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : I thank you for your SACRIFICE.  Wars are wrong. If every kid went to religious education in the world and listened and learned then and demonstrated against corrupt governments, then wars would never occur. Again I thank you for your SACRIFICE.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Isn't that what many kids do in the Middle East do  - go to a religious school (Madrassas) and then come out with a diploma and belt bomb?

Religion will save the world and if you don't believe it, you will be d*mned to the Lake of Fire.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]The hits just keep coming. the 2012 season is looking better than ever. All we need now is one injury to one of our top three guys this spring training and Young Ben may become our 5th starter. In the military we learned than nothing goes according to plan and Murphy comes to war. Three is two and two is one. this addresses our top three starters if one of them goes down with an injury.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your service there AL, I knew there had to be a reason your posts make sense.
    From one vet to another, IMO, this team is doomed to failure, and most of the posters here just refuse to admit the truth. Our team construct is mediocre at best.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

He wiuld have been better with us than the Mets and would be a better fit in our park than New York. The Red Sox do not have many power hitting lright handed hitters. Sweeney never hit for power and I believe Kalish is left handed, good player but left handed. We are not playing to the strengths of our park. I lovedCrawford but posted that we were getting to left handed and not playing to our strengths. response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : If only we would have signed Jason Bay to a long term deal...then all our problems would be solved....oh wait Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Thank you for yours as well. Asa result of being in the military I am not a kool aide drinker which I find a lot of posters to be. I think this is going to be a rough year. I had actually believed that Ben Cerrington had a deal in place for maybe a trade with Chicago for Garza and maybe the Red Sox giving up less as some sort of compensation cooperative agreement. I guess I was dead wrong if they are turning this over to commissioner Selig. if this is the case they should never have allowed him to leave without getting the compensation beforehand and holding the leverage. It amazes me too is that they are also saving on Theos former salary as well because I am sure Ben Cherrington does not make what Theo Epstein did with the Red Sox. response to "Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : Thanks for your service there AL, I knew there had to be a reason your posts make sense. From one vet to another, IMO, this team is doomed to failure, and most of the posters here just refuse to admit the truth. Our team construct is mediocre at best. Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

With this injury now you can read between the lines as to why Crawford was dodging Valentine in meeting with him earlier. not good for this team to go into the seson with questionable 4th and5th starters and two corner outfielders Sweeney who cannot hit at all and Darnell McDonald who strikes out way too much. Curious to see how they are going to spin this one. They might be embarrassed into picking someone up now to take the heat off of the Yankee moves and the Crawford injury. If they pick up a pitcher now they were really naive enough to believe that the Yankees were going to do nothing this off season which scares me as well. Never gamble with Cashman he will lie to your face then do the opposite like with Teixeira and at the Winter Meetings this year in all his interviews saying they were very satisfied with the ream that they had.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : dreary uplift.  interesting.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    Not only that, but if he behaved in the barracks as he does on this forum, he is alive today only because the others cut him a lot of slack instead of his neck.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

What does that mean ? OTE]In Response to Re: Wrist surgery for Carl Crawford : Not only that, but if he behaved in the barracks as he does on this forum, he is alive today only because the others cut him a lot of slack instead of his neck. Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

The ultimate reality or truth is that none of know how poorly or greatly many of our players will do post injury, after unexpectedly poor seasons, in new roles, with a new manager, new coaches, in new environments, and we don't know how many injuries will occur. As fans all that we can do is hope for all of the pieces to fall into place in a good way. As in life we can as fans try our best to have a positive outlook

If we don't have a clue on predicting the future on so many variables then why not wear rose colored glasses and hope for the best. It certainly makes more sense than always imagining the worst case scenarios.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]The ultimate reality or truth is that none of know how poorly or greatly many of our players will do post injury, after unexpectedly poor seasons, in new roles, with a new manager, new coaches, in new environments, and we don't know how many injuries will occur. As fans all that we can do is hope for all of the pieces to fall into place in a good way. As in life we can as fans try our best to have a positive outlook If we don't have a clue on predicting the future on so many variables then why not wear rose colored glasses and hope for the best. It certainly makes more sense than always imagining the worst case scenarios.
    Posted by LadyLake[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Did Crawford always have that awkward batting stance???? Maybe I was too dazzled by the 23 stolen bases he had against Tek that one game but I just dont recall him looking that goofy/uncomfortable at the plate...and his defense wasnt anything to write home about either last year...and I was one of his biggest boosters when he was signed....I hope it was the wrist and he comes back on a mission.....

something tells me this could all go south very quickly in 2012

:(

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

The feeling was that the injury would heal with rest.  Apparently, it didn't, but I can understand why they chose not to have surgery as soon as the season ended.  Surgery is usually not the first option when an injury could heal with rest and rehab.