Writing on the Wall

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Writing on the Wall

why is anybody who disagrees with the fo or speaks of the teams lack of talent a troll.....

It depends on the post and the poster.

I don't mind people disagreeing, but some of the people will complain about players the RS signed and didn't sign, even if they never heard of the guy before.  That happened with one of the Asian pitchers.

You can see them in here.  There are people in here that do nothing but whine.  And they never post a number of any kind, like the Num lock is permanently off.  Nor do they have any nuance.  The better posters will day they understand, but so-and-so is a $1M overpaid, or $2M overpaid.  With the trolls, anyone the RS signed is a bum.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was wrong about Hamilton going to the Yankees, but I was hoping the Red Sox would go after him which they did not. I guess the theme this year is to have a low payroll and take the profits from Fenway this year. I believe they are going to sell this team and make it attractive with a low payroll base. You cannot tell me that with the guys Ben signed in Ross, Napoli, Victorino, and now Dempster that this is a good team. How does Ben figure the pitching staff got better with Dempster and are Lester and Bucholtz are going to get better as well. Lackey is coming back from elbow surgery, I mean come on here. We have an outfield of Gomes in Left, Ellsbury in center, and Victorino in right. Gomes is terrible defensive  outfielder, and Victorino is a 255 hitter in the National League. Ellsbury is coming back from an injury as well.

This team is a complete cluster $uck with two idiots running it. So the fans in Boston are suppose to pay top dollar at Fenway to watch this. They should match the payroll and cut ticket prices. This is going to be a long year or Bridge Year as the call it to oblivion.

[/QUOTE]

There was very little if any chance of Hamilton going to NY. For that to happen the Yankees needed to clear alot of payroll which isn't easy. Look at the contract they gave Mo. What surprised me is they gave Youk more money. Makes no sense to me. IMO the Yankees should not have signed Youk and for 4 months go with Nunez. He showed me something in the postseason last year. That said Youk should help them.

The Sox were lucky the Dodgers got then out from under those crazy contracts. Like I posted last September "Ray's Formula Works", we can't expect the Sox to turn their fortunes around overnight. Ben will field a team in April that can compete for a WC spot and going forward a team that can compete for a WS. 

To date Ben has improved the club that finished the season w/o giving up any of the talent on the farm and w/o losing any draft picks. That and he still has a large wad of dollars left to spend.

[/QUOTE]

The proble with your theory is that the Rays are a small market team that cannot evn sell out during the year and when they are in the playoffs. The Red Sox are a large market team playing it  loke they are a small marlet tea. Just because you brought in all these "Good Clubhouse Guys" does not mean the team is going to do well. They should have saved the money they spent on Victorino, Ross, Napoli, and Dempster and gone after quality not quantity. Bad signings and bad strategy that will make the team slightly better than last year. Boy is John Henry going to rake in the profits this year, well my mistake, he has been raking them in since last August after the salary dump.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I was wrong about Hamilton going to the Yankees, but I was hoping the Red Sox would go after him which they did not. I guess the theme this year is to have a low payroll and take the profits from Fenway this year. I believe they are going to sell this team and make it attractive with a low payroll base. You cannot tell me that with the guys Ben signed in Ross, Napoli, Victorino, and now Dempster that this is a good team. How does Ben figure the pitching staff got better with Dempster and are Lester and Bucholtz are going to get better as well. Lackey is coming back from elbow surgery, I mean come on here. We have an outfield of Gomes in Left, Ellsbury in center, and Victorino in right. Gomes is terrible defensive  outfielder, and Victorino is a 255 hitter in the National League. Ellsbury is coming back from an injury as well.

This team is a complete cluster $uck with two idiots running it. So the fans in Boston are suppose to pay top dollar at Fenway to watch this. They should match the payroll and cut ticket prices. This is going to be a long year or Bridge Year as the call it to oblivion.

[/QUOTE]

There was very little if any chance of Hamilton going to NY. For that to happen the Yankees needed to clear alot of payroll which isn't easy. Look at the contract they gave Mo. What surprised me is they gave Youk more money. Makes no sense to me. IMO the Yankees should not have signed Youk and for 4 months go with Nunez. He showed me something in the postseason last year. That said Youk should help them.

The Sox were lucky the Dodgers got then out from under those crazy contracts. Like I posted last September "Ray's Formula Works", we can't expect the Sox to turn their fortunes around overnight. Ben will field a team in April that can compete for a WC spot and going forward a team that can compete for a WS. 

To date Ben has improved the club that finished the season w/o giving up any of the talent on the farm and w/o losing any draft picks. That and he still has a large wad of dollars left to spend.

[/QUOTE]

The proble with your theory is that the Rays are a small market team that cannot evn sell out during the year and when they are in the playoffs. The Red Sox are a large market team playing it  loke they are a small marlet tea. Just because you brought in all these "Good Clubhouse Guys" does not mean the team is going to do well. They should have saved the money they spent on Victorino, Ross, Napoli, and Dempster and gone after quality not quantity. Bad signings and bad strategy that will make the team slightly better than last year. Boy is John Henry going to rake in the profits this year, well my mistake, he has been raking them in since last August after the salary dump.

[/QUOTE]

crybaby

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to louisthelipp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to baddad's comment:
    [QUOTE]

why is anybody who disagrees with the fo or speaks of the teams lack of talent a troll......i remember seeing dick raditz at fenway as a little kid,,,,,,i listened  to the sox game on the radio when tony c was hit by hamiltons pitch in california,,,,also as a little kid.......i am not a troll and i agree wth al.......we wasted most of the money we saved by unloading agon ...crawford etc..we gave away scuturo....youkalis etc ........ maybe if enuff of us spoke up ....somebody who mattered ..and was worried about winning......cuz thats what sells tickets would listen.....with the money saved from la deal we could easily have signed sanchez and hamilton....instead we spent big money on good guys,,,,with limited talent.......to defend cherington and henry is to be their puppetsv and tools......let them spend the money...tell them to spend the money on talent...our tickets and our interest gives henry his revenue....we make him his money....we buy ihe product....demand quality.......i dont want another 86 year drought...wake up people

[/QUOTE]

Youk was dead weight and redundant

Ownership is not doing long term deals this winter. They told you that. They also admitted that they are overpaying to get FAs to sign for the short term in this bridge year.

We can't tell them to break the bank on long term players that are risky and thus prevent the 4 Bs from coming up in 2014.

You are the one who needs to read, listen to press conferences, and notice that they own the team and are taking the risks. You are merely a fan. If you are unhappy then follow another team.

[/QUOTE]

Yes you can talk about the kids and prospects from now to kingdom come, but the fact remains that young player sometimes do not pan out, there is no guarantee there. Also prospects and young players are at a much lower salary thus saving John Henry more money in the future. The other little known fact that people may not be aware of is that contracts of ballplayers are insured in case of injury. Even though a player is hurt during the year, management has the contract insured. I am sure that John Henry collected insurance money from those injured player's contracts last year. He did not lose as much as you think.

As far as this team although I love the Red Sox, I will check how they are doing or how they made out on Sports Center or ESPN, but I am not wasting my time watching them everynight and paying for a baseball package when management could have put a more talented product on the field. I will spend more time with my daughters' and their individual sports programs in the future. Maybe when management successfully "Bridges" the talent gap in the future and spend more wisely I will again purchase a sports package to watch a better baseball team.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

crybaby

[/QUOTE]

Think they made good moves with the money they saved last year and the guys they picked up ? Think this is a playoff team ? I don't. Its another mediocre team and it will be the 4th year in a row we miss the playoffs. The Boston writers this summer will be all over Cherrington and the management over this debacle they call a baseball team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Trumbo or Bourjos are reportedly being sought by the Braves.

Hmmmm....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to baddad's comment:
    [QUOTE]

why is anybody who disagrees with the fo or speaks of the teams lack of talent a troll......i remember seeing dick raditz at fenway as a little kid,,,,,,i listened  to the sox game on the radio when tony c was hit by hamiltons pitch in california,,,,also as a little kid.......i am not a troll and i agree wth al.......we wasted most of the money we saved by unloading agon ...crawford etc..we gave away scuturo....youkalis etc ........ maybe if enuff of us spoke up ....somebody who mattered ..and was worried about winning......cuz thats what sells tickets would listen.....with the money saved from la deal we could easily have signed sanchez and hamilton....instead we spent big money on good guys,,,,with limited talent.......to defend cherington and henry is to be their puppetsv and tools......let them spend the money...tell them to spend the money on talent...our tickets and our interest gives henry his revenue....we make him his money....we buy ihe product....demand quality.......i dont want another 86 year drought...wake up people

[/QUOTE]

Why don't you wake up and realize that baseball fans enjoy their own teams on their own boards, Mikey? Making up different ways to portray your posts doesn't change anything.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I have nothing against posters having negative thoughts about the team, but, my god, how is it not obvious that there are screennames just showing up here to tell us how bad we are? Haven't we done this every off-season? It's like a playground here for rival team's fans, and it's unreal to watch posters try to talk to these screennames that just show up here, when they aren't here when the Sox are actually playing. Like I said it's a rival team's playground here in the off-season. And I'm not talking about AL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

IMO, We are a better team with the moves they made than we wouldve been just signing hamilton and Sanchez. Who plays 1b? who plays the other OF position? we needed a vet catcher and other holes that needed to be filled and addressed...

I dont care that "fans" disagree with some moves. I wasnt too high on the dempster one myself. But its the ones who continuously start new threads everyday stating the same thing. If this team makes you that unhappy that you have to constantly repeat the same thing, then move on and dont be a fan. The ones that complain just because the Sox didnt do what THEY thought was the right move...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IMO, We are a better team with the moves they made than we wouldve been just signing hamilton and Sanchez. Who plays 1b? who plays the other OF position? we needed a vet catcher and other holes that needed to be filled and addressed...

I dont care that "fans" disagree with some moves. I wasnt too high on the dempster one myself. But its the ones who continuously start new threads everyday stating the same thing. If this team makes you that unhappy that you have to constantly repeat the same thing, then move on and dont be a fan. The ones that complain just because the Sox didnt do what THEY thought was the right move...

[/QUOTE]

+1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Whats the difference between a 81 win team, and 91 win team?  Usually it is a couple of key injuries, or couple of career best or worst years.  Talent is rarely the difference.  Will lester, buch, and lackey play below, at, or above their career norms?  Will ellsbury and ortiz stay healthy or not...those are the real questions.  Would I like to see Swisher and lohse/jackson added to this roster...absolutely.  Would a trade for andrus or asdrubal cabrearra or brett anderson improve our odds a little...sure.  But there is enough talent to win 91 if the core stays mostly healthy and plays to their career norms or better.  If either of those things do not happen than 1 or 2 more players isn't going to change the outcome.