WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox

In Response to Re: WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]Can you blame them? Would any of YOU enjoy going to a board dominated by Yankee fans? Even if you ARE a Yankee fan?
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

My sentiment exactly.  Who can blame them?

The Yankees fans know where to find the best and smartest fans in the world.  ;-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox : Come on TWM.   I understand you love your Yankees, but Pettitte over Beckett?  Not buying that for a second.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

I knew attacking the sacred cow would bring out the natives in swarms.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

[QUOTE]should you not be in a Tiger forum?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

No Tiger fan here.  I only go to Detroit when the Sox are playing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In response to "Re: WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox": [QUOTE]In response to "Re: WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox": Then why go get Pettitte? Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE] Andy Pettitte called Brian Cashman in December to tell him he was thinking about a comeback and that he had been throwing regularly. Cashman offered Pettitte a one-year 10 to 12 million dollar contract. Pettitte stated he wanted to continue working before committing, not then completely confident about his desire and ability to return. Pettitte stated that he needed a few more weeks of throwing and conditioning before deciding. Cashman told Pettitte he could not wait that long and did not, trading for Michael Pineda and signing Horoki Kuroda. Cashman called Pettitte and told him to stop working out because the offer was no longer on the table. Instead, Pettitte continued throwing. Shortly after throwing a few batting practices as a Spring Training instructor, Pettitte asked to meet with Cashman and Joe Girardi. He wanted back. Cashman told him that the budget was met and Hal Steinbrenner was called to the meeting. Pettitte was offered a minor league contract. If he made the major league club, he would receive a pro-rated contract of 2.5 million without incentives. Pettitte agreed. Pettitte is not on the 40 man roster. This is a no lose situation for the Yankees. Therefore,the Yankees did not "go get Andy Pettitte" due to concerns. Rather, this is about an athlete who still has the desire to compete and perform. And, after the Yankee batters could not get the baseball out of the batting cage against him, Pettitte just might be convinced that his minor league status may not last long.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In response to "Re: WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox": [QUOTE]A sure sign that it's almost baseball season: Folks complaining about all the Yankee fans on the board. Being that I have several good friends who are NYY fans (I'm mature enough to overlook such obvious character flaws), it doesn't bother me a bit. Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE] I see your warmth and wit are still in place, Lloyd. Kudos!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In response to "Re: WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox : My sentiment exactly.  Who can blame them? The Yankees fans know where to find the best and smartest fans in the world.  ;-) Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE] Yes, your presence notwithstanding.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox : My sentiment exactly.  Who can blame them? The Yankees fans know where to find the best and smartest fans in the world.  ;-)
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]  so i guess i better keep looking..Tongue outWink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

This is an open forum to for all to be and for all to share, I welcome all who come here to talk about the game we love.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox : I knew attacking the sacred cow would bring out the natives in swarms.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

I don't think Beckett is a sacred cow here.  He has taken a lot of heat for last year and some people here wanted him traded. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In response to "WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox": [QUOTE]what's with all the obsesssion over the yankees? Posted by MichFan[/QUOTE] You would have to ask Smiley-Namechange, who has started five recent Yankee threads.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In response to "Re: WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox : I don't think Beckett is a sacred cow here.  He has taken a lot of heat for last year and some people here wanted him traded.  Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE] Cows, heat,fried chicken, beer...this is making me hungry.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Have no beef with folks posting in here about NYY - goes hand in hand with the rivalry, I guess...or maybe their forum is just boring so they come here.

Have only a few strong opinions regarding the Yankees...
    1.  Mariano Rivera is about the smoothest operator I've ever seen take the mound in MLB.  
    2.  Robinson Cano will beat you. 
    3.  Can't stand sight of A-Rod no matter what uniform he wears.  
    4.  Jeter is a class act.
    5.  Geo Steinbrenner was best ever MLB team owner - warts and all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

[QUOTE]A sure sign that it's almost baseball season: Folks complaining about all the Yankee fans on the board. Being that I have several good friends who are NYY fans (I'm mature enough to overlook such obvious character flaws), it doesn't bother me a bit.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, Lloyd.  I live in CT and a number of my good friends are Yanks fans.  I don't hold it against them that they're Yankee fans, and they don't hold it against me that I'm a Sox fan.  It does make things interesting when we go out and talk turns to baseball...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, they all claim they're here for "balance" or some nonsense like that. Funny thing, though - no Red Sox fan I know ever goes to Yankee sites to hang out.
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

And you sir do not know many NY fans.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Ahhh....gotcha hombre. Sorry for the assumption!

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox : No Tiger fan here.  I only go to Detroit when the Sox are playing.
    Posted by MichFan[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]what's with all the obsesssion over the yankees?
    Posted by MichFan[/QUOTE]

Why don't you elaborate on this "Michfan". Do you mean the Sox posters and all their posts flooding the board, or do you mean Smiley, a Sox fan's, threads?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox": Cows, heat,fried chicken, beer...this is making me hungry.
    Posted by Pass-the-hubris-please[/QUOTE]

Cows in heat make you hungry? Just asking. Nice to see you back Hubris, just in time for Beni's threads. Still not identifying yourself as a Yankee fan, although I always took you for an alias. We really missed you after Beni was gone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I love all the "I have Yankee fan friends so that's why I have no problem with abusive Yankee fans here" people. I also love the people who say "If you don't appreciate all the Yankee fans here it's because you just don't like a difference of opinion." Have they read this board, or any posts between Sox fans? lol

FTR, as I've stated before, my dad is a diehard Yankee fan, born and raised in the Bronx until he was 17 years old. My brother is also Yankee fan. Neither one of them is immature enough to go to a Sox site and make posts with "Red Flops", "Big Sloppy", "Papelblown", etc., etc, etc. in them. They also wouldn't tell posters there they couldn't be homers and/or be overly optimistic about their team. And the chance of them putting up abusive pics of Sox players, the FO, staff, and their fans there is pretty much nil -- nevermind spending 24/7 doing it . They're all about the Yankees, not the Sox. Who actually thinks to themselves, "I have to go to a Sox site and make sure they're not too happy there." How miserable do you have to be to do that? lol

But what do I know? I'm just an immature Sox fan posting on a Sox board.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]I love all the "I have Yankee fan friends so that's why I have no problem with abusive Yankee fans here" people. I also love the people who say "If you don't appreciate all the Yankee fans here it's because you just don't like a difference of opinion." Have they read this board, or any posts between Sox fans? lol FTR, as I've stated before, my dad is a diehard Yankee fan, born and raised in the Bronx until he was 17 years old. My brother is also Yankee fan. Neither one of them is immature enough to go to a Sox site and make posts with "Red Flops", "Big Sloppy", "Papelblown", etc., etc, etc. in them. They also wouldn't tell posters there they couldn't be homers and/or be overly optimistic about their team. And the chance of them putting up abusive pics of Sox players, the FO, staff, and their fans there is pretty much nil -- nevermind spending 24/7 doing it . They're all about the Yankees, not the Sox. Who actually thinks to themselves, "I have to go to a Sox site and make sure they're not too happy there." How miserable do you have to be to do that? lol But what do I know? I'm just an immature Sox fan posting on a Sox board.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Your father and and brother probably afraid Zac will steal their IP addresses.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox : Your father and and brother probably afraid Zac will steal their IP addresses.

My 6' father and 6' 4" brother really aren't afraid of anything, certainly nothing to do with anyone on a silly message board.

And FTR, Zac will never get me to go to his off-site boards, so I don't have to worry about that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox : My 6' father and 6' 4" brother really aren't afraid of anything, certainly nothing to do with anyone on a silly message board. And FTR, Zac will never get me to go to his off-site boards, so I don't have to worry about that.

Yeah but they more than likely wouldn't show up here and admit any relationship with you. That is if they are as smart as you say they are.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox : Yeah but they more than likely wouldn't show up here and admit any relationship with you. That is if they are as smart as you say they are.

They wouldn't show up here because 1) they have no interest in a Sox board, and 2) they don't even know I post on a Sox board. They're Yankee fans, and like most Yankee fans, they spend their time obsessed with the Yankees. They're also Giants' and Rangers' fans, so this site would mean nothing to them. Like most normal Yankee, Giant and Rangers' fans. They wouldn't be here just to make other teams' fans miserable by continually telling them they have nothing to be happy about.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox : They wouldn't show up here because 1) they have no interest in a Sox board, and 2) they don't even know I post on a Sox board. They're Yankee fans, and like most Yankee fans, they spend their time obsessed with the Yankees. They're also Giants' and Rangers' fans, so this site would mean nothing to them. Like most normal Yankee, Giant and Rangers' fans. They wouldn't be here just to make other teams' fans miserable by continually telling them they have nothing to be happy about.

But it would be great to have dadsaysthis and brothersaysthis on board.

What a loss.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTH Is this the Yankees forum or the Red Sox : But it would be great to have dadsaysthis and brothersaysthis on board. What a loss.

Nah, not much of a loss. Afterall, they would all be pike anyway.