Wussball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Wussball

Well, perhaps an alternative solution is to put the fans on steroids.
    Needles must be sold hours prior to the Otis Campbell/Foster Brooks videos.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Then they could jump higher, which is bad; although steroids DO give a "Mr. Potato Head Affect" (ala  Bonds), so if they hit concrete head first, it would be like having a built-in helmet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

That settles it. The wuss congress shall pass the fan steroid act.
    Victums can ask for clemensy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Ha!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Wussball:
    [QUOTE]That settles it. The wuss congress shall pass the fan steroid act. Victums can ask for clemens y.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Like OJ; he's still looking for the guy McNamee injected.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In wussball, cleats must be made of nothing stronger than Styrofoam.
    Music in the clubhouse shall be limited to classic/opera/folk.
    In the event of player injury, a psychiatrist must accompany the trainer & manager out to the player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I didn't read the thread, but wussball to me sounds like banning and reporting posters posting on their own board, instead of just debating what they have to say. Rival team fans can insult and abuse posters, including mocking pics, and just come here to create havoc and it's all good as long as they're not saying anything certain posters disagree with about the team.

Again, can't wait for the day when Sox fans are more welcome here than rival team fans by their long-time pals who see nothing wrong with what they do here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't read the thread, but wussball to me sounds like banning and reporting posters posting on their own board, instead of just debating what they have to say. Rival team fans can insult and abuse posters, including mocking pics, and just come here to create havoc and it's all good as long as they're not saying anything certain posters disagree with about the team. Again, can't wait for the day when Sox fans are more welcome here than rival team fans by their long-time pals who see nothing wrong with what they do here.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

That's an idea for another thread, but it would have ugly repercussions.
    This thread simply takes the ridiculous ejection of rookie pitcher Weiland, making his M. L. debut, to a futuristic level.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Well, that's my interpretation. I just recently debated Babe on multiple threads. Is there really anyone here who's going to tell me I like what he posts, or believe he belongs here? He tells me I'm dumb, fat, and I'm a man, and even throws in blonde jokes. I still debated him. I usually ignore him, but I felt like challenging a comment he made. Those were his responses. 

Is removing posters you don't agree with not an "ugly ramification"?  Maybe not to you because it removes who you don't want here, and that never includes rival team's fans.

I would take Babe on here (verbally, of course, so "MikeNagy" doesn't think it's a threat), anyday. My feeling is that he wants no part of that. I don't report and ban posters who I disagree with, and/or who personally insult me. I reported Babe's article he put up about the citizens of Mass. because I didn't think it should be on the board. And I reported Zac's abusive pics of me because I have no respect for someone who, rather than argue with someone, will just post abusive pics because that's easier for them and what they do here. Both posts remained FTR.

The last thing I would do would be to reward posters for abusive comments that make up a total.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

IMO, your friendship with your Yankee pal, and your participation on the Yankee/Red Sox sideboard has been a bad influence on you. You seem like a more agressive, take no prisoners kind of person than you ever were before. You're arguing with posters that have always been your friends here. You have a new, I guess, added back-up that's creating a different persona. And you now seem all about the Yankee fans and friends, and they've always been an agressive bunch here. JMO

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

This was a real funny thread...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Okay, truly hilarious, cynical post. Love it. Very creative stuff here guys.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]IMO, your friendship with your Yankee pal, and your participation on the Yankee/Red Sox sideboard has been a bad influence on you. You seem like a more agressive, take no prisoners kind of person than you ever were before. You're arguing with posters that have always been your friends here. You have a new, I guess, added back-up that's creating a different persona. And you now seem all about the Yankee fans and friends, and they've always been an agressive bunch here. JMO

I'm assuming this is addressed to me. If not, please let me know.
    I have friends on and off the board of different allegiance. I don't equate the quality of the person to the team they root for.

I think you would make the same statement about UR own dad, who I believe you said was a NY fan. Now, some folks in UR dad's circles might think differently of him as you do. But that won't change how you feel about him.

I have the same persona now that I've had in the past. I like to believe I befriend quality people. You are among them. Now, this might irritate Jesse or Steve if they don't agree with me about you. Or, it might irritate you if you don't see it this way.

I can't help that, Kim. I can't control what goes on with other posters. You are putting me in an uneasy position with this post. My feelings about the NY/Boston rivalry are as strong as ever. But if I can't differentiate that with friendship, it would be like you alienating your dad for his allegiance.

I admire that you speak UR mind, Kim. I always have. I hope you allow me the same courtesy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wussball : I'm assuming this is addressed to me. If not, please let me know. I have friends on and off the board of different allegiance. I don't equate the quality of the person to the team they root for. I think you would make the same statement about UR own dad, who I believe you said was a NY fan. Now, some folks in UR dad's circles might think differently of him as you do. But that won't change how you feel about him. I have the same persona now that I've had in the past. I like to believe I befriend quality people. You are among them. Now, this might irritate Jesse or Steve if they don't agree with me about you. Or, it might irritate you if you don't see it this way. I can't help that, Kim . I can't control what goes on with other posters. You are putting me in an uneasy position with this post. My feelings about the NY/Boston rivalry are as strong as ever. But if I can't differentiate that with friendship, it would be like you alienating your dad for his allegiance. I admire that you speak UR mind, Kim. I always have. I hope you allow me the same courtesy.

I've never said anything about your posts before, because, I too believe, you should have the freedom to say what you want. But I also believe other posters should as well without the threat of being reported or banned by an overwhelming Yankee fans/friends majority. This is not about not liking Yankee fans because they have a different allegiance. This is about using that same excuse whenever one of them is abusive to posters here. If they are going to come to a rival team's forum, they should respect the posters here, and not tell posters what they're allowed to say about a rival team, and, most importantly, not try to make it into their own board -- or even a dual team board. It's not, nor should it be. Let's not forget they came all the way to Boston.com to post on a Sox board, and pretend they are shocked that posters like the Sox more than other teams. It doesn't help if they refuse to spend ANY time on their own team's board.

And yes, my father is a Yankee fan, orginally from the Bronx, NY, to be precise. I believe he would, as would many other Yankee fans, be embarrassed by some of the Yankee fans that post here. Again, it has nothing to do with allegiance. They are individual people just like the Sox fans here, and should be judged as such.

You're a very intelligent man. I don't think you are misunderstanding what I've said a million times already. So, I don't know why you're pretending not to get it, unless it's to support them no matter what they do or say here. JMO

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Also, if you don't get that you and Steven are filling up entire threads all over the board with just back and forth conversations between the two of you, I don't know what to say. This is a Sox board, I'm not sure Steven cares because it's not his team's board, but it is getting kind of overwhelming on every thread.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

"Also, if you don't get that you and Steven are filling up entire threads all over the board with just back and forth conversations between the two of you, I don't know what to say. This is a Sox board, I'm not sure Steven cares because it's not his team's board, but it is getting kind of overwhelming on every thread." kimsaysthis 

Agree in full again, love all the coded talks they use too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]"Also, if you don't get that you and Steven are filling up entire threads all over the board with just back and forth conversations between the two of you , I don't know what to say. This is a Sox board, I'm not sure Steven cares because it's not his team's board, but it is getting kind of overwhelming on every thread." kimsaysthis  Agree in full again, love all the coded talks they use too.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

My opinion on that is that it's not Harness, necessarily. It's more like Steven is using this board as a personal playground where he can come and follow him around and just get into all kinds of non-Sox conversations just to entertain himself. I've seen him turn any thread into anything but the Sox. As a Yankee fan, I think he's using his friendship with Harness to just fill the board with posts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Eh, been this way a long time there is no changing it..... Go BOSTON

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]Well, that's my interpretation. I just recently debated Babe on multiple threads. Is there really anyone here who's going to tell me I like what he posts, or believe he belongs here? He tells me I'm dumb, fat, and I'm a man, and even throws in blonde jokes. I still debated him. I usually ignore him, but I felt like challenging a comment he made. Those were his responses.  Is removing posters you don't agree with not an "ugly ramification"?  Maybe not to you because it removes who you don't want here, and that never includes rival team's fans. I would take Babe on here (verbally, of course, so "MikeNagy" doesn't think it's a threat), anyday. My feeling is that he wants no part of that. I don't report and ban posters who I disagree with, and/or who personally insult me. I reported Babe's article he put up about the citizens of Mass. because I didn't think it should be on the board. And I reported Zac's abusive pics of me because I have no respect for someone who, rather than argue with someone, will just post abusive pics because that's easier for them and what they do here. Both posts remained FTR. The last thing I would do would be to reward posters for abusive comments that make up a total.

I responded to you on the other thread about this. I like the way you put my name in quotes. I guess this is because you still think I'm Jessey. You make a lot of assumptions based solely on what you want to believe. You speak of the "yankee/sox sideboard" and imply sinister things go on there, without ever having been to the other forum that some on here belong to. Some of us take the rivalry in a good natured way, as opposed to you.

Re: Fan who caught Jeter's historic ball gets sweet deal

posted at 7/11/2011 10:45 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5895f12c26dabc36bb0cb9a667b164bf&plckUserId=5895f12c26dabc36bb0cb9a667b164bf">
    First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 7/13/2011
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3aaa5f02ea-f479-419c-be7e-491dbdd4b142&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:aa5f02ea-f479-419c-be7e-491dbdd4b142Post:591f3ff3-3005-497b-b708-87f2b2b56756">Re: Fan who caught Jeter's historic ball gets sweet deal:
    In Response to Re: Fan who caught Jeter's historic ball gets sweet deal : Smiley, Smiley, Smiley, Smiley....seriously, get a life. Why would Beni be the number one concern of a Sox fan? Are you missing camping out in his threads? I never said I was a beauty queen. It was high school. Have you ever been there? It's not a beauty pagent. lol  And I don't recall ever saying anything about my intelligence. The one thing I really want to address in your post, though, is the idea I "threatened" Playball. lol I've never threatened anyone in my life. I told him to watch his back because one day there may be Sox fans here who don't like abusive Yankee fans. In other words his abusive friends may not be as welcome here as they have been. Anyone who took that as a physical threat needs thier head examined. So, you should get right on that.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

I mention Smiley because that is what this is all about. After BDC saw fit to eliminate the character, you started this crusade to cruise around the board, harassing anyone who hadn't bought into his nonsense, as if they had something to do with his demise. You told me once you were smarter than me, so I assumed that you thought that you had an abundance of intelligence.

I never said you physically threatened Playball. It sounded like you threatened him with future harassment by a "new breed of poster that was coming" who thought and acted like little kim clones.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wussball : I responded to you on the other thread about this. I like the way you put my name in quotes. I guess this is because you still think I'm Jessey. You make a lot of assumptions based solely on what you want to believe. You speak of the "yankee/sox sideboard" and imply sinister things go on there, without ever having been to the other forum that some on here belong too. Some of us take the rivalry in a good natured way, as opposed to you. Re: Fan who caught Jeter's historic ball gets sweet deal posted at 7/11/2011 10:45 AM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5895f12c26dabc36bb0cb9a667b164bf&plckUserId=5895f12c26dabc36bb0cb9a667b164bf " /> www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5895f12c26dabc36bb0cb9a667b164bf&plckUserId=5895f12c26dabc36bb0cb9a667b164bf " target="_parent"> MikeNagy Posts: 2861 First: 5/30/2008 Last: 7/13/2011 In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3aaa5f02ea-f479-419c-be7e-491dbdd4b142&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:aa5f02ea-f479-419c-be7e-491dbdd4b142Post:591f3ff3-3005-497b-b708-87f2b2b56756 "> Re: Fan who caught Jeter's historic ball gets sweet deal : In Response to Re: Fan who caught Jeter's historic ball gets sweet deal : Smiley, Smiley, Smiley, Smiley....seriously, get a life. Why would Beni be the number one concern of a Sox fan? Are you missing camping out in his threads? I never said I was a beauty queen. It was high school. Have you ever been there? It's not a beauty pagent. lol  And I don't recall ever saying anything about my intelligence. The one thing I really want to address in your post, though, is the idea I "threatened" Playball. lol I've never threatened anyone in my life. I told him to watch his back because one day there may be Sox fans here who don't like abusive Yankee fans. In other words his abusive friends may not be as welcome here as they have been. Anyone who took that as a physical threat needs thier head examined. So, you should get right on that. Posted by kimsaysthis I mention Smiley because that is what this is all about. After BDC saw fit to eliminate the character, you started this crusade to cruise around the board, harassing anyone who hadn't bought into his nonsense, as if they had something to do with his demise. You told me once you were smarter than me, so I assumed that you thought that you had an abundance of intelligence. I never said you physically threatened Playball. It sounded like you threatened him with future harrassment by a "new breed of poster that was coming" who thought and acted like little kim clones.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

I guess this thread has been officially hijacked.

Mike -- Why are you arguing with Judge Freisler and the lackeys?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE Agree in full again, love all the coded talks they use too.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Never thought of it that way before, actually, it's just plain talk; you're just not the swiftest chip on the block.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

In Response to Wussball:
    [QUOTE]Rookies will always remember their major League debut. Weiland sure will. He got ejected for pitching up & in to Vlad. This should give us a window into the future of the game: Every park/stadium must be domed. Rain will no longer be permitted. Player's agents will have their own union. The player's union will have a reunion - twice a year. Any player seen perspiring below 75 dome degrees will be allowed to leave the game upon request. The agent's union is responsible for ensuring two witnesses are present at all times. The average player salary will be 10 mil. One mil is considered bereavement pay. Pitchers caught throwing 2 inches inside will be fined and warned. A second violation of the two-inch rule will result in the ejections of each bench coach and team mascot. Three inches inside and each team loses two BP pitchers and the manager. 4 inches inside and the AAA affiliate will be asked to move. Hit batters will result in lifetime suspensions...with pay. Base-runners will no longer be permitted to run. Only jog. Base-joggers caught running will do community service. Batters will no longer be allowed to observe their dingers:( The baseball observation society will enforce weekly worship meetings to deter such a practice. Players must jog out of the box. Folks: Welcome to WUSSBALL. If you wish to contribute, please leave your suggestion in the automated suggestion box at gate B.

You, nhsteven and moon should start your own chat room of nonsense posts.  All you three do is try and keep the others posts alive while bashing others. 

The three stooges of our board.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Batters shall not be allowed to adjust batting gloves between pitches, thus shortening the length of a game by an average of 47.39 minutes. Any player violating said rule, shall have to bat bare-handed for 50 consecutive days. There will be no appeal. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wussball : [QUOTE  Agree in full again, love all the coded talks they use too. Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE] Never thought of it that way before, actually, it's just plain talk; you're just not the swiftest chip on the block.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

By calling BurritoT "not swift," you are actually letting him off lightly.  Petty vindicative manipulative skumbag is more accurate.  I could say the same for Kimsaysthis, but I'll leave the "skumbag" part out of it. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Collisions at the plate are not allowed. If the ump and a player get into a dispute for more than 10 seconds, they must do a best-of-3 series of rock-paper-scissors. If the player wins, he is safe. If the ump wins, he is out. That is even if the player thinks he is out and the ump thinks he is safe.