X-Bo....ALCS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

X-Bo....ALCS

It looks like no matter who we face in the ALCS the SP's are all RH.  by his 2 "professional" AB's yesterday along with that diving stop on defense - has this earned him a start in one of the ALCS games?  or do we keep him on the bench for PH duty for LH reliever?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: X-Bo....ALCS

In response to slasher9's comment:

It looks like no matter who we face in the ALCS the SP's are all RH.  by his 2 "professional" AB's yesterday along with that diving stop on defense - has this earned him a start in one of the ALCS games?  or do we keep him on the bench for PH duty for LH reliever?

As much as I'd love to see Xander out there they are not going to make the switch now.  If we face all RHP thats a good thing.  Salty can't hit from the right side of the plate, Drew and Nava are significantly better against RHP and we have two other good lefy's in the lineup that some people may have heard off I'm not sure, one plays center field and the other is a DH.  

The fact that we can interchange guys like Carp/Nava/Gomes/Napoli into the lineup is a huge plus for this team.  And I think Xander has definitely earned his spot this postseason, even if that's just an inning or an at bat here and there.  He may be a rookie, but he already has a calm, veteran approach at the plate.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Detroit has no lefty starters, the A's have one (Malone). He might not ever get a playoff start this year.

Sox4ever

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

Much rather have X on the bench to face a lefty reliever than starting a game against a RH.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

It amazes me how this Bogaerts fan club has emerged to clamor that he handed the SS spot forthwith.  Carp also hasn't started a game, and he not only has earned a start on merits, Napoli has not been hitting much.   But Carp only has one at bat in four games. 

Drew is by far the best choice at SS right now.  Bogaerts "great play" last night was meaningless because he had no chance of throwing the runner out.  Drew is a much better fielder right now and his OPS for August and September was over .850. 

Bogaerts, if he has any sense, should be thrilled to be on the roster ahead of Bradley, McDonald, etc.  He earned the spot, but it doesn't mean he should replace Drew.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

So long as they are winning, you dance with the one that brung ya, and that's Drew.

Somewhat similar to 07, when Crsip struggled in the ALCS AND the Sox fell behind 3-1, Ellsbury replaced him and brought a spark to the team.  If the Red Sox get down in the series AND Drew is really struggling (no contact, leaving men on left and right) then you might see X get a start.  If the Red Sox are winning the series or Drew is hitting okay, you won't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Farrell isnt going to make a change in the line up.  He is going to use the same line up he had for the most part of the season as well last week.  

If you think he should start over Drew, then Carp should start over Napoli, and Gomes over Nava base on their stats of the ALDS.  But by the way, Bogaerts have not made a hit.  So how can you replace Drew base on Bogaerts's two walks only as well Drew made three nice line drive hits where they were all outs, but three of them could be an easy two runs or three runs double.   Seriously, Drew is swinging the bat far better than Napoli or Salty for the whole series!!

Anyway, this post season is not all about Bogaerts.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

nope, i dont think he should start over drew at all.  just thought it would be a good thread to discuss.

against a LHP?  definitely a consideration.  but no way against a RHP.  like i said in my OP, looks like it will be all righty starters for the championship series.  drew has been solid defensively (i have stated this in many threads) and has a great approach vs RHP.  he just missed on an rbi double yesterday if not for a great snag by loney.

Sections
Shortcuts