X + (X + 20) = 162 2013 RS season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

X + (X + 20) = 162 2013 RS season

change?

After faking my way through the tough stuff for well over an hour, I decided to show him that simply agebra is always relevant!

The Sox are definitely NOT team X!!!!  & this equation will be the 2013 Red Sox season :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: X + (X + 20) = 162 2013 RS season

More like

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Woops!  1/2 of that disappeared.

I was helping my son through his Algebra I.  Suddenly realized that my 3 years of Calculus 30+ years ago didn't mean squat.  I faked my way through simplifying square roots of exponential equations.....

I couldn't remember why algebra mattered until the TRUTH about the Red Sox & Algebra slapped me upside the head.

Algebra matters!  The Red Sox will matter in Octobler!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Now I'd like to see Moonslav set up an inequality to try and prove that Iggy's contribution on defense, in spite of his offense, would be greater than Drew's total contribution. 

I = Iggy

D = Drew

o = offense

d = defense

Please be reasonable with your projections. 

Anyone game?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Sooooo.... X = 71?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Sooooo.... X = 71?

& Sox = 91

If Middy & Ells wake up!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Now I'd like to see Moonslav set up an inequality to try and prove that Iggy's contribution on defense, in spite of his offense, would be greater than Drew's total contribution. 

I = Iggy

D = Drew

o = offense

d = defense

Anyone game?

The way Drew has played D and hit the ball, theres NO WAY Iggys defense (and attitude) can equal what Drew gives this team. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

My bad!   Here was my prediction 91 wins

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

.500 gets us the 18 wins needed.   Does that win the AL East?  I think not!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

I = Iggy

D = Drew

o = offense

d = defense

Anyone game?

The way Drew has played D and hit the ball, theres NO WAY Iggys defense (and attitude) can equal what Drew gives this team. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

[/QUOTE]

Drew-  B.A. .245--- OPS- .748-----------------Iglesias- B.A. - .317-------OPS- .757...  The difference on defense is not even close...   We can all have our opinions, but the scoreboard is always objective.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I = Iggy

D = Drew

o = offense

d = defense

Anyone game?

[/QUOTE]

Drew-  B.A. .245--- OPS- .748-----------------Iglesias- B.A. - .317-------OPS- .757...  The difference on defense is not even close...   We can all have our opinions, but the scoreboard is always objective.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, the defense is closer than people think. Drew has been very good all year, decent range, sure-handed and accurate thrower. He had a bad game recently, but even Vizquel and Ozzy have had bad games.

Yes, Iggy might make some plays that Drew won't, but I've seen numerous balls hit up the middle or in the hole between 3B and SS that Iggy didn't get to, so he's not getting to EVERYTHING like some will say.

Iggy is great defensively, but my problem is that too many find the need to denigrate another player or overstate Iggy's ability in order to justify their position.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

.500 gets us the 18 wins needed.   Does that win the AL East?  I think not!!!

Then your little algebra equation is off cause Sox will win the division.  

Sections
Shortcuts