Xander Bogaerts promoted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Xander Bogaerts promoted

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2013/08/report_bogaerts_being_called_up.html

Youngest positional player promoted to the Sox since Dwight Evans.  Jus got the alert on my phone, and ow I can't sleep.  I'm excited, and I feel this is the jolt the sox may need.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Xander Bogaerts promoted

I hope Xander can help out against a couple tough lefties on this trip. Last night was a huge disappointment. got the alert on my phone just now. 3 hours sleep isnt cuttin ' it. Good thing I work from home :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I hope Xander can help out against a couple tough lefties on this trip. Last night was a huge disappointment. got the alert on my phone just now. 3 hours sleep isnt cuttin ' it. Good thing I work from home :)

It shouldn't never come to that.  So I agree with what I think much of the RSN is thinking-that maybe this wipes off last from the active memory and headlines.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Joe--I probably should know what you meant--but I'm missing it. Please explain.

I do hope he does well--but I think there will be a poll during the day and we may get our reply from the "Nation" about how they feel about the promotion.

I like that he is being moved up--he may go back down which seems to be the Sox MO--JBJ, Webster, Workman,  to see what they have to work on. If he does well he may be here for the duration. At least he is now on the 40/25.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

"LET ME BE CLEAR",  The "TRANSFORMATION" begins !!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

I do hope he does well--but I think there will be a poll during the day and we may get our reply from the "Nation" about how they feel about the promotion.

I like that he is being moved up--he may go back down which seems to be the Sox MO--JBJ, Webster, Workman,  to see what they have to work on. If he does well he may be here for the duration. At least he is now on the 40/25.  

I think he means that since we are all very disappointed from last nights very tough loss, calling up Xander will quickly wash the bad taste from last nights game out of our mouths.

Personally, I think hes right, but I also think that they will play him at SS vs LHP. Drew needs to sit against them while hes not in one of his hitting streaks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

I think he means that since we are all very disappointed from last nights very tough loss, calling up Xander will quickly wash the bad taste from last nights game out of our mouths.

Personally, I think hes right, but I also think that they will play him at SS vs LHP. Drew needs to sit against them while hes not in one of his hitting streaks.

[/QUOTE]

plus with Naps dealing with an injury XB could see some playing time at 3B while WMB (who is on fire since returning from AAA) gets some reps at1B.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

plus with Naps dealing with an injury XB could see some playing time at 3B while WMB (who is on fire since returning from AAA) gets some reps at1B.

[/QUOTE]

2 kids playing out of position in a playoff run doesnt make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside mef.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

can we agree that if Xander Bogaerts struggles it's not an indictment on his prospect status???? He may come up and catch fire (a la Jacoby Ellsbury) or he may come up and hit a cold spell (Dustin Pedroia) 

But even if he struggles, it does not mean he doesn't have a very bright future so please please please don't start any of those r-tarded "Bogaerts can't hit he's a nobody, why was everyone so excited about his guy" thread.....please don't be that guy (if he struggles) 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

you nervous Nellies make me laugh...

AAA is over soon anyways and this will extend his season - meanwhile no one is looking for him to take over a starting position and lead the team to a title - he will play when we need him and have favorable matchups - he must be so stoked - can you be happy for the young man if not the Nation who gets to see this guy ticketed for stardom?

As always - 100% correct!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im thrilled hes being called up and hope he has a couple big moments. Im not expecting him to be any sort of savior though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'm a firm believer that he shouldn't be called up to sit on the bench and is an everyday player.  But Georome has a point.  This isn't June or July, if he does come up and doesn't play everyday he's only losing a few weeks of consistent playing time....hardly a big deal.

I wonder if Napoli continues to struggle if WMB or Bogaerts takes grounders at 1B, Maybe he could platoon there with Carp and or with Drew over at SS.  Obviously right off the bat he's going to be playing SS and maybe a little 1B.  But you have to wonder if the vacuum of offense continues at 1B if the Sox consider other options?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

you nervous Nellies make me laugh...

AAA is over soon anyways and this will extend his season - meanwhile no one is looking for him to take over a starting position and lead the team to a title - he will play when we need him and have favorable matchups - he must be so stoked - can you be happy for the young man if not the Nation who gets to see this guy ticketed for stardom?

As always - 100% correct!

georom---I second that motion--let's be happy. Perhaps Dempster did what several other veteran pitchers wished they had done. This may get the Yankees on track and they will beat some of our closest competeitors in the next 10 days before we meet them again. Perhaps that will be the beginning of ARod's suspension and Soriano will have cooled off and we will be ready to win the East.
    Yes I think Xman will be used selectively at SS, 3B, Pinch hit, pinch run maybe as a DH to give Ortiz a day off if needed. If they have a blowout, favorable or unfavorable get a shot at 1 B and LF. He and WMB will have time to get help from Butter on footwork around 1B and taking more flyballs.  It will be fun to watch---

Not about comparisons Machado is 3 months older than Xander and has been in MLB for a year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Last year the Orioles brought up Machado up, put him at 3rd, and left him there. Thats the smart way to bring up a kid. Putting him all over the place in the middle of a pennant race, in the Majors, not smart.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

There's no point if Boggy brought up to warm the bench.  He should be playing everyday.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

There's no point if Boggy brought up to warm the bench.  He should be playing everyday.   

Generally speaking, yes.  But how many games are left for Bogaerts to play in "everyday" The Pawtucket season ends a full month sooner than Bostons season and I highly doubt a handful of games on the bench is going to hurt Bogaerts.

If this was earlier in the season and they promoted Bogaerts to sit him 1/2 the time I'd be one of the most vocal on here about him needing to play everyday BUT at this point, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He shouldnt play 3b because Middy is hitting the ball great. Drew isnt. You figure out where hes going to play.

Its August so whoever is hitting, plays.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Glad to see this move happen, but we probably should have given Pedey a day off beforehand. I'm not sure how Boggy can play 2B. He won't unless there's an injury, so that means Pedey plays everyday at least until Sept call-ups.

Sox4ever

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Maybe Napoli injury is more serious than they thought.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Brock Holt sent down.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

anyone know the corresponding move?

To make room for Bogaerts and Ross on the 40-man roster, the Sox are expected to place injured pitchers Andrew Bailey and Clay Buchholz on the 60-day disabled list.

Bailey is out for the season after undergoing shoulder surgery. Buchholz has been out longer than 60 days already and the move is retroactive.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

anyone know the corresponding move?

Bailey and Buch to the 60 day DL

I figured Bailey would be, but Buchholz is a smart move since he will be eligible to come off the 60 day anyway

Holt, Lavarnway and RDLR were optioned back to AAA

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Trout played 40 games in 2011, batted .220. Then you look at his stats in the Minors, and he had a .342 avg. in 4 seasons, just a matter of time for him.
    Play Bogaerts at his best Position to succeed, keep it simple.
    We face 4 Righties, right off the bat. This is strange, to tell you truth. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Trout played 40 games in 2011, batted .220. Then you look at his stats in the Minors, and he had a .342 avg. in 4 seasons, just a matter of time for him.
    Play Bogaerts at his best Position to succeed, keep it simple.
    We face 4 Righties, right off the bat. This is strange, to tell you truth. 

Like I was saying, maybe its partially because they want to get the bad taste of this weekend out of the fans' mouths. I figured after the trip they would, but not before it.

Sections
Shortcuts