Xander Bogaerts rising.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Xander Bogaerts rising.

.361 with a 1.048 OPS in his last 10 games.  From the sound of things I believe the Sox think his bat will play now and they are just letting him get more comfortable with 3B.

This kid is getting the promotion any day now.  I wouldn't even be surprised if he's here right after the trade deadline. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Xander Bogaerts rising.

I would not be surprised to see him there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

After what Farrell said, hes going to be here at some point really soon. I think hes a better 3b/ss option than anyone on the market right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Nothing to lose. A shot of youthful enthusiasm is somtimes good, for the long hard grind of a baseball season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Will be playing 3rd base @ FENWAY Wednesday night !!!!!!!

Is this a definite?  If so I guess I was wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

I hope you are right.  My fingers are X'd that the Sox do nothing at the deadline -- we have a TEAM, let's win with it, or go down fightin'.  I don't want to see any of the prospects go -- though I'd trade Iglesias and Middlebrooks and pitching (not Barnes though) for Giancarlo -- especially not Bogaerts or Barnes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Wouldn't it be grand if Bogaerts, inserted into the lineup, emerged in a similiar fashion as to some of the other youthful players making a mark this season, namely Yasiel Puig, Will Myers, and Manny Machado, to name but a few. 

As exciting as this season has been so far, his emergence would further electrify this team, as well as the fan base, in a manner not seen since 1967.  (No slight meant to the 2004 idiots.)

And in spite of his recent slump, with Bogaerts at 3B, I would replace Drew at SS with Iglesias, who back at his normal position would improve the defense and, being more comfortable at his normal postion, would help him to break out of his slump.  Mind you, I do not in any way, means, or shape believe him to be the hitter that he demonstrated in the first half of the season, but I do truly believe that he is way better than what he has shown of late.

As an old Texas horseman that I once knew loved to say, "Open the gates and watch the stampede."

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

I don't see how you can play Iglesias over Drew at SS with the way Drew's hitting right now.  He's above-average on D and you can spell him once or twice a week against tough lefties (who we see as often as other teams can manage) w/ Iggy.

I like the Bogaerts at 3rd, Drew at SS left side at least until Stephen gets hurt again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

http://sulia.com/channel/boston-red-sox/f/9b04fc15-b7b3-4a80-abe1-965efdf699d2/?source=twitter&repost=120

Heres one paragraph I found interesting....

"Xander's doing everything that he can to tell us when he's ready to come to the big leagues," Farrell said. "Whether that's this week or next month, that's still in the debate or in the conversation. But it's an exciting young player. We're all looking forward to the day he begins his career, not knowing when that's going to be.

Also to CTJake...I would have XMan at 3b and Drew at SS as well...at least until Drew cools off or gets hurt...Drews bat can do a lot more damage than Iggys and his defense is solid as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

While I am confident that Bogaerts is ready to hit at the big lead level, I am concerned that his inexperience will be an issue at 3rd.

What is the rush ? 

Why not let him get comfortable with the hot corner at Pawtucket and on Sept 1 call him up like the Tigers did with Avisail Garcia last season?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to CTJake14's comment:

I hope you are right.  My fingers are X'd that the Sox do nothing at the deadline -- we have a TEAM, let's win with it, or go down fightin'.  I don't want to see any of the prospects go -- though I'd trade Iglesias and Middlebrooks and pitching (not Barnes though) for Giancarlo -- especially not Bogaerts or Barnes.

We still need at least one, and probably two, good bullpen arms. I would not depend on the likes of Drake Britton and Pedro Beato to get us into the playoffs. Hochevar from KC would fit the bill.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Bogaerts could provide a spark to ignite the offense. On the other hand , he could struggle a bit while adjusting to MLB pitching.  You don't want that in a pennant race. So , you have to make a decision. The results of that decision will soon be apparent. If it was up to me , I would take the chance and bring him up. Utilize him , Iglesias and Drew as the situation dictates. After Sept. 1 , we will have plenty of options as rosters expand. Whatever you do , don't even think about trading Bogaerts for Cliff Lee.

Stabbed by Foulke.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

We still need at least one, and probably two, good bullpen arms. I would not depend on the likes of Drake Britton and Pedro Beato to get us into the playoffs. Hochevar from KC would fit the bill.

I agree that another RH arm is needed, but I believe Britton and Beato can be an important part of a playoff run as well. I think the Sox will explore every option and I think Contreras will get a shot soon too...

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 

Jose Contreras in three AAA appearances for the #RedSox: 4.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 8 K. The Bronze Titan could be on his way pretty soon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

I don't see how you can play Iglesias over Drew at SS with the way Drew's hitting right now.  He's above-average on D and you can spell him once or twice a week against tough lefties (who we see as often as other teams can manage) w/ Iggy.

I like the Bogaerts at 3rd, Drew at SS left side at least until Stephen gets hurt again.

With Iglesias going to the Tigers, you may get your wish with Bogaerts at 3B and Drew at SS, sooner rather than later. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

With Iglesias going to the Tigers, you may get your wish with Bogaerts at 3B and Drew at SS, sooner rather than later. 

I wouldn't mind another Bog's at 3rd for us, but hope it's just for this season. We should add a serious thumper for 3rd next season, and slide Bog's to SS. Drew's mediocrity and innability to stay on the field reminds me of his brother, and he's just as over paid as JD was. The Red Sox would be wise to implement a "No Drew" policy immediately going forward. Just sayin' .

Sections
Shortcuts