Xander Bogaerts - Since August 1st.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Xander Bogaerts - Since August 1st.

He's had a great year all season for a 19 year old at High A, but if you haven't seen what he's done since August 1st. I've posted below. I know someone on this board saw him play within the last week.

AB  21
    R     6
    H   13
    RBI  4
    2B   6
    BB   3
    K     0

BA  .619
    OBP .667
    SLUG  .904
    OPS  1.571

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Re: Xander Bogaerts - Since August 1st.

He's got a beautiful swing, and has the look of a future star.
    I'd almost like to see the Sox force feed him a bit and accelerate his path to the bigs.
    Tony C came up from one season in A ball, at 19 years old and never stopped until Jack Hamilton nearly killed him at age 22.
    Angels brought up Trout at 19, last year. Bryce Harper is 19 years old in DC.
    Maybe it's time to think outside the box.
    I think bringing up young kids and watching them develop, is more exciting than some overpaid underperforming free agent, any day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

Good news to hear. Thanks for posting it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Xander Bogaerts - Since August 1st.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Xander Bogaerts - Since August 1st. : Actually as a 19 year old in high A it is pretty impressive.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Exactly. If he continues to progress, he would be in the majors at age 22, at the latest.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

EVEN 10 games back he's impressive.

.474/.565/.737  with a 1.302 OPS with 8 walks to 5 K's

I know that's a small sample size but all things being considered could it possibly be time to promote this kid to Portland???  This kid may be MLB ready by 2014...heck he might even get his cup of coffee next summer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Xander Bogaerts - Since August 1st. : Actually as a 19 year old in high A it is pretty impressive.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Carnie, we have penty of waste on the 40 man, why not bring him on expanded roster date? Ya never know what beholds for a 19 year old. He may bring some excitement. Im tired of hearing how they need to mature!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Xander Bogaerts - Since August 1st. : Carnie, we have penty of waste on the 40 man, why not bring him on expanded roster date? Ya never know what beholds for a 19 year old. He may bring some excitement. Im tired of hearing how they need to mature!
    Posted by Promise4you2[/QUOTE]Couldn't agree more my man. I think an outfield of Crawford, Bradley and Bogaerts would be pretty exciting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

He's also moved into the #1 spot on soxprospects.com

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Xander Bogaerts - Since August 1st. : Couldn't agree more my man. I think an outfield of Crawford, Bradley and Bogaerts would be pretty exciting.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

but he's a SS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Xander Bogaerts - Since August 1st. : but he's a SS.
    Posted by CTJake14[/QUOTE]He has the arm and the bat for right though. And we currently have a lot of SS prospects, including the guy in Pawtucket who I would like to get a shot at the bigs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Posted by CTJake14[/QUOTE]

He's not a SS.  He'll get moved.  He's either a 3B or a corner outfielder.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Love idea of him in right field. Would help with l/h over-representation, and you'd have to figure a shortstop's throwing arm up to the task.
    I'm a bit unsure of adding the complication of learning a new position to the pressure of being in the Bigs however.

Fine line between challenging these kids early and risking destroying their confidence by too fast too soon promotions. Add in cultural adjustments from Aruba to U.S.

OTOH, Robin Yount was in MLB at 18, Doc Gooden and Tony C at 19. Perhaps we compromise and give a cup of coffee in August 2013, with a LONG look at him in 2014 ST ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Posted by CTJake14[/QUOTE]

He may end up at 3B or maybe OF.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Hard to tell what position he may end up at.
    Mickey Mantle was a SS.
    Ryan Braun came up as a 3rd baseman.
    Miguel Cabrera was a 19 year old LF in his first playoffs.
    Mark Texiera was a 3rd baseman.
    Wade Boggs was a 1st baseman at Pawtucket, when he came up to Boston.
    Robin Yount was and 18 year old SS.
    Yaz was a minor league SS.
    Reggie Smith broke in in Boston as a 2nd baseman.
    Countless MLB players wound up playing in positions other than they were initially drafted for.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Very often the best athlete on any particular team is placed at shortstop, due to position's demands. ML centerfielder Eric Davis came up through minors as a ss, as did Mickey Mantle and , I believe, Carl Yazstremski.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

[QUOTE]Love idea of him in right field. Would help with l/h over-representation, and you'd have to figure a shortstop's throwing arm up to the task. I'm a bit unsure of adding the complication of learning a new position to the pressure of being in the Bigs however. Fine line between challenging these kids early and risking destroying their confidence by too fast too soon promotions. Add in cultural adjustments from Aruba to U.S. OTOH, Robin Yount was in MLB at 18, Doc Gooden and Tony C at 19. Perhaps we compromise and give a cup of coffee in August 2013, with a LONG look at him in 2014 ST ?
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]

Lunacy as you have pointed out! They got it or they dont! Seems some Halladay guy went down to the minors twice after making the bigs. He learned a lot and proved in the end he had what it takes. Stop the babying, time to grow up! No one absolutely no one ( Although Moon scares me) has a proven stat on how long to keep a kid in the minors! Every one is different, but the Sox treat'em all the same! When they get to 25 they think about bringing them up! I for one am sick of watching ol timer reject's play!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Xander Bogaerts - Since August 1st. : Lunacy as you have pointed out! They got it or they dont! Seems some Halladay guy went down to the minors twice after making the bigs. He learned a lot and proved in the end he had what it takes. Stop the babying, time to grow up! No one absolutely no one ( Although Moon scares me) has a proven stat on how long to keep a kid in the minors! Every one is different, but the Sox treat'em all the same! When they get to 25 they think about bringing them up! I for one am sick of watching ol timer reject's play!
    Posted by Promise4you2[/QUOTE]Tony C came right up from A ball didn't he?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Xander Bogaerts - Since August 1st. : He's not a SS.  He'll get moved.  He's either a 3B or a corner outfielder.
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

ben will trade him for a setup reliever

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to "Re: Xander Bogaerts - Since August 1st.": [QUOTE]He's also moved into the #1 spot on soxprospects.com Go to the bank on that. Ranaudo and Anderson, among many, have staked their claim to that #1 spot. He's a future star, bank on it! Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE] List of soxprospects.com top prospects. Will middle brooks Ryan Kalish Casey Kelly Lars Anderson Justin masterson Clay buccholz Jacoby ellsbury Jon Lester Jonathan papelbon Hanley ramirez Kevin youkilis Nothing is a guarantee but that is a pretty impressive list.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Not to mention between Ranaudo and Anderson you can only really close the book on one of those guys being an impact player. Ranaudo has had a lost season but I'm still hopeful for him. http://soxprospects.com/history.htm Interesting to look back at the past rankings. Makes you wonder who is going to stick and who will fade.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I always looked at Bogaerts as a 3Bman. I also liked Cecchini before this year, and he has done very well so far although a little low in power for 3B.

Will these guys be moved to different positions, be traded, or kept in case Middlebrooks faulters of is dealt himself?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I think Bogaerts is a keeper, although I'd really like to see how his arm plays in right. Another guy that could be a wild card in the infield is Deven Marrerro.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Just don't Bogaerts that joint !

In regard to another thread post re Crawford, he's actually been hitting leftys lately too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

All of them may move off the position except Middlebrooks but I still think Bogaerts has a chance. No one thought Lowrie would stick at SS either. He was projected as a 2nd baseman the day he was drafted but thinhs have a way of getting worked out when a guy is goo.

They all are putting up great numbers now considering their age especially. Cechinni has something like 39 steals out of 42 attempts. 29 doubles. Bad splits though against LH pitching. They all look like great prospects though. 

Sections
Shortcuts