Xander Bogaerts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Xander Bogaerts

Have you checked what he has done over the last 9 games? Hitting .500, SLUG near 1.000 and OPS well over 1.500. He has his season average over .310.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: Xander Bogaerts

20 years old and tearing up Double-A.

What are the odds of a second-half promotion to Pawtucket, with a chance to see Boston by September?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

What are the odds of a second-half promotion to Pawtucket, with a chance to see Boston by September?

a Promotion to Pawtucket is enevitable.  If he continues to play well there and the Red Sox are in the playoff hunt, in some form he may be contributing.

I wouldn't be totally shocked to see him play a little OF(LF) and 3B, because that may be his path to the majors.  A guy with Bogaerts talents has his own starting position.....but that may be his path this year and could make a for a very exciting September.  Hopefully an exciting october. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Terrific.  A good bat currently playing SS can fit almost anywhere except catcher, and I think Nick Cafardo said he will very possibly wind up in the OF. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

a Promotion to Pawtucket is enevitable.  If he continues to play well there and the Red Sox are in the playoff hunt, in some form he may be contributing.

I wouldn't be totally shocked to see him play a little OF(LF) and 3B, because that may be his path to the majors.  A guy with Bogaerts talents has his own starting position.....but that may be his path this year and could make a for a very exciting September.  Hopefully an exciting october. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you hugh. LF could be a good spot, assuming Middlebrooks picks it up. They could also push Middlebrooks to 1B at some point in the upcoming years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I would expect him to stay in AA a little longer. Let the kid taste some more success before being promoted. He should be in AAA sometime later this season. I think Bogy could be good at either 3b/1b/SS/LF, where he'll end up at this point is anyones guess.

Cecchini should be promoted to AA as well. Workman was just promoted to AAA and Vasquez might be in AAA by seasons end as well. They predicted about 2013 when we would see the kids. They were only about a year off, so not to bad on the ETA's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He needs to learn to play 3B or 1B by the end of this year or early next year. If Ben thinks Bogaerts is a better 3Bman than WMB, then WMB can be moved to 1B within a year or two.

Sox4ever

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Boggy will be in the top 5 prospects lists before the start of next season.  I see Cecchini in 50-60 range, Ranaudo regain his fame around 60-70, Webster to be in top 40 if he doesn't lose his eligibility, Owens up little bit, and Barnes coming down a little.  

Just for fun, here is my wild guess on next year's prospect rankings.

Xander Bogaerts #4

Jackie Bradley Jr. #28

Allen Webster #35

Matt Barnes #47

Garin Cecchini #53

Anthony Ranaudo #65

Henry Owens #85

Christian Vasquez #93

Michael Almanzar #98

LOL I have placed 9 Sox players in top 100.  GO SOX FARM!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Boggy will be in the top 5 prospects lists before the start of next season.  I see Cecchini in 50-60 range, Ranaudo regain his fame around 60-70, Webster to be in top 40 if he doesn't lose his eligibility, Owens up little bit, and Barnes coming down a little.  

Xander Bogaerts #4

Jackie Bradley Jr. #28

Allen Webster #35

Matt Barnes #47

Garin Cecchini #53

Anthony Ranaudo #65

Henry Owens #85

Christian Vasquez #93

Michael Almanzar #98

HAHA!!!  While I like the enthusiasm.....if the Sox have 9 in the top 100 people are going to say Henry 'bought the system somehow'!! 

I highly doubt Almanzar will make it but the others are making a case right now.  Webster and JBJ may not be elligible too.  Gotta love the farm...plus throw in a high draft pick in a few days and we are looking GREAT!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Xander Bogaerts #4

Jackie Bradley Jr. #28

Allen Webster #35

Matt Barnes #47

Garin Cecchini #53

Anthony Ranaudo #65

Henry Owens #85

Christian Vasquez #93

Michael Almanzar #98

He's already in pretty much everyones top ten; recently the Xanman was ranked #3 by Keith Law. He might get a #1 vote or 2 by the end of the year. 

We have a very strong system with a lot of guys rising and I wouldn't disagree with any of those predictions less Michael Almanzar, and Christian Vasquez.  Those guys are good prospects and might have some helium right now but they don't beat out every other teams top prospects into the top 100. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you hugh. LF could be a good spot, assuming Middlebrooks picks it up. They could also push Middlebrooks to 1B at some point in the upcoming years.

[/QUOTE]

Hey! we agreed on something. I agree if Bogaerts ends up in the outfield it's in LF; he doesn't have the arm for right or the speed for center but he is athletic enough for left, and his bat will play jsut fine there.  If he loses a step as he grows 3B might be best for him; he has the bat for 1B but if he can move he is better suited for 3B or 1B.

Middlebrooks will be the better defener at 3rd So if Boggy would play just as well in LF, I'd take him there.  I wouldn't have a problem with middlebrooks moving to 1B if his bat plays up more, which in the longer term it will. 

Still......there are problems you don't want and others you don't mind having.  This may end up being a good problem to have. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I would expect him to stay in AA a little longer. Let the kid taste some more success before being promoted. He should be in AAA sometime later this season. I think Bogy could be good at either 3b/1b/SS/LF, where he'll end up at this point is anyones guess.

Cecchini should be promoted to AA as well. Workman was just promoted to AAA and Vasquez might be in AAA by seasons end as well. They predicted about 2013 when we would see the kids. They were only about a year off, so not to bad on the ETA's.

I think he will, they won't promote him this week.  MAYBE later this month but definitely by after the allstar break we should see him in Pawtucket. 

Cecchini should definitely go to Portland now.  I know some people may consider that a bit rushing him, but he is a little age advanced for top prospect in high-a (mostly due to a injury induced slow start to his pro-career).  But he is doing so well down there I say just put him in Portland and see what you have with him...he might be closer to the majors than some think.  I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a cup of coffee next year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

softlaw does not like this kid.

good enough for me.

What does Bill think? 

Oh,  stupid me...  Bill does'nt think.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

My GUESS:

The Xman stays at SS and is promoted to Boston when Drew is traded at the deadline with some prospects for pitching depth if they are still in the race.---Middlebrooks goes to 1B--next year if he's not traded before. Unless he has an amazing 4-10 games at AAA--WMB may be gone. I know he's done well so far @ AAA and hopefully he got Farrell's message loud and clear.

I think the O's promoted their stud 3B, Manny M,  from AA during the penant race last year --he was a SS and they played him at 3B for the Sept push---how's he doing.

"The Xman cometh."

My GUESS they are debating about Nap/ Middlebrooks or someone like Morneau from outside or more of a contact guy for 1B next season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

We need to come up with a good nick name for Xander Bogaerts

a few ideas:

The Xan man (Pronounced ZAN) 

Boggy 

The X-Man

The Ax-Man

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

My GUESS:

The Xman stays at SS and is promoted to Boston when Drew is traded at the deadline with some prospects for pitching depth if they are still in the race.---Middlebrooks goes to 1B--next year if he's not traded before. Unless he has an amazing 4-10 games at AAA--WMB may be gone. I know he's done well so far @ AAA and hopefully he got Farrell's message loud and clear.

I think the O's promoted their stud 3B from AA during the penant race last year --he was a SS and they played him at 3B for the Sept push---how's he doing.

"The Xman cometh."

My GUESS they are debating about Nap/ Middlebrooks or someone like Morneau from outside or more of a contact guy for 1B next season.

And they also pushed him to 3B.  I'm not saying it's out of the question that Boggy can push his way into a starting job by September...but he ain't doing it by the all-star break. I highy doubt Ben Charington and the Red Sox consider doing that.  Lets pump the breaks just a tad bit, he is just 20 years old. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

I think he will, they won't promote him this week.  MAYBE later this month but definitely by after the allstar break we should see him in Pawtucket. 

Cecchini should definitely go to Portland now.  I know some people may consider that a bit rushing him, but he is a little age advanced for top prospect in high-a (mostly due to a injury induced slow start to his pro-career).  But he is doing so well down there I say just put him in Portland and see what you have with him...he might be closer to the majors than some think.  I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a cup of coffee next year. 

[/QUOTE]

You'll have to promote Almanzar, who finally broke out the last year, to AAA. Shouldnt be an issue since there is nobody there to block him. If Cecchini can put the power with everything else (hes a big enough kid) that would be 5 tools. Lets see how he handles the advanced pitching in AA this year. He deserves the promotion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

My GUESS:

I think the O's promoted their stud 3B from AA during the penant race last year --he was a SS and they played him at 3B for the Sept push---how's he doing.

"The Xman cometh."

And they also pushed him to 3B.  I'm not saying it's out of the question that Boggy can push his way into a starting job by September...but he ain't doing it by the all-star break. I highy doubt Ben Charington and the Red Sox consider doing that.  Lets pump the breaks just a tad bit, he is just 20 years old. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree. They dont have a need to rush him. Let him taste some success at each level first with no pressure. Its not a foregone conclusion that they trade Drew either. Certainly possible, but that would leave us with little to no good depth if an injury or a prolonged slump occurs. I really dont want to rely on Holt or Ciriaco for any length of time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You'll have to promote Almanzar, who finally broke out the last year, to AAA. Shouldnt be an issue since there is nobody there to block him. If Cecchini can put the power with everything else (hes a big enough kid) that would be 5 tools. Lets see how he handles the advanced pitching in AA this year. He deserves the promotion.

[/QUOTE]

Yes he does, I think he is going to develop the power though.  The Carolina league is notrorious for having pitching friendly ballparks; as a result often times prospects don't show their power until Portland.  I've also heard somewhere else that sometimes power is the last tool to develop for some players.  Which makes sense as they grow into their bodys.

Cecchini has the hit tool to develop his raw power; so the fact that he's starting to hit XBH now in high-A is a good sign.  If he carries it over to Portland then that is a REALLY good sign. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

We need to come up with a good nick name for Xander Bogaerts

a few ideas:

The Xan man (Pronounced ZAN) 

Boggy 

The X-Man

The Ax-Man

XanBo~ I like it. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My GUESS:

"The Xman cometh."

[/QUOTE]

I agree. They dont have a need to rush him. Let him taste some success at each level first with no pressure. Its not a foregone conclusion that they trade Drew either. Certainly possible, but that would leave us with little to no good depth if an injury or a prolonged slump occurs. I really dont want to rely on Holt or Ciriaco for any length of time.

[/QUOTE]

If Bogaerts is tearing the cover off the ball all summer and the Sox look like they will be in the playoffs it will be very interesting to see how things develop. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

lets see.. 9 whopping games at Double A should mean a promotion... and then if he kicks azz for 4 games at Triple A we should bring him up to stay.... forever.

He's turned the power on the last 9 games, but he's been hitting very well ever since mid April.  The power was starting to come then too; his power was coming mostly from doubles and triples though.  It's not like he has just started to have sustained success there.

He actually tore it up last year as well, and only showed 2 bad weeks there this year.  His biggest problem last year was he walked ONCE in Portland; even when Boggy struggled in April this year he was walking a lot. 

Going back to last year he has 292 at-bats and he's only really struggled for 2 weeks there.  So it's not he has JUST started hitting for a couple weeks and everyone wants to step on the accelerator.

I don't know when he will be promoted, but I'll bet he is out of Portland by August 1st. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Xander Bogaerts #4

Jackie Bradley Jr. #28

Allen Webster #35

Matt Barnes #47

Garin Cecchini #53

Anthony Ranaudo #65

Henry Owens #85

Christian Vasquez #93

Michael Almanzar #98

Can JBJ qualify as a prospect if he gets 200+ AB's at the ML level?

If they move Ells or Vic frequently stays injured he is assuredly gonna reach that many AB's at least.

Sections
Shortcuts