Xander Bogaerts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: Xander Bogaerts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

lets see.. 9 whopping games at Double A should mean a promotion... and then if he kicks azz for 4 games at Triple A we should bring him up to stay.... forever.

In nearly 300 at-bats in Double-A, his OPS is well over .900.

Like someone else said, they're not going to promote him this week, but it's coming.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Keep in mind Machado just turned 20 last July and played 50 + games down the stretch.

I'm not generally a person who likes to rush things but it's a game we're not talking about training the guy to be a cardiologist. So he goes to AAA for 200 at bats, is that going to help him to hit Velander or CC or some other Stud pitcher

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Keep in mind Machado just turned 20 last July and played 50 + games down the stretch.

I'm not generally a person who likes to rush things but it's a game we're not talking about training the guy to be a cardiologist. So he goes to AAA for 200 at bats, is that going to help him to hit Velander or CC or some other Stud pitcher

Yes, baseball in general is a game, but its the best of the best and you want to put your prospects is the best position to succeed. You have to take each situation individually. The O's had no 3b and gave the kid a shot. He struggled and then made the adjustments. The difference is, Boston doesnt have to do that. They have Middy, Drew and Iggy. They can allow their kids to develop under no pressure. Thats why they signed guys like Drew and naps and Dempster. Bogy still has parts of his game that need improving. You let the kids experience some success before promoting them. Its a confidence thing as well as an ability thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Now were not but Baseball is still a sport were only the best of the best of the best survive. Just because one guy did this at this age, doesn't mean this guy will do the same thing.

People like Machado are the exception and not the rule.  We create a false sense of believing prospects are ready earlier than they are by looking at the Bryce Hapers and the Manny Machado's of the world.  Just because Xander Bogaerts is a top rated prospect doesn't mean he is ready at 20 years old.

I'll admit, that he is playing up to the prospect who is on an accelerated time table. BUT until he is here doing it lets not start planning our offseason around the kid.

He's due for a promotion to Pawtucket, he will get it within the next 7 weeks in my opinion.  If he is hitting In Pawtucket still....then he is getting some time in Boston this year.  If his numbers significantly fall off, then I'm sure he starts next year in Pawtucket and is knocking at the door at some point in 2014. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I would expect him to stay in AA a little longer. Let the kid taste some more success before being promoted. He should be in AAA sometime later this season. I think Bogy could be good at either 3b/1b/SS/LF, where he'll end up at this point is anyones guess.

Cecchini should be promoted to AA as well. Workman was just promoted to AAA and Vasquez might be in AAA by seasons end as well. They predicted about 2013 when we would see the kids. They were only about a year off, so not to bad on the ETA's.

Manny Machado got promoted directly from AA to Baltimore and look at his success. There's no place for him, but the pitching at AA is usually better than AAA. AAA is made of retreads.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

I would expect him to stay in AA a little longer. Let the kid taste some more success before being promoted. He should be in AAA sometime later this season. I think Bogy could be good at either 3b/1b/SS/LF, where he'll end up at this point is anyones guess.

Cecchini should be promoted to AA as well. Workman was just promoted to AAA and Vasquez might be in AAA by seasons end as well. They predicted about 2013 when we would see the kids. They were only about a year off, so not to bad on the ETA's.

Manny Machado got promoted directly from AA to Baltimore and look at his success. There's no place for him, but the pitching at AA is usually better than AAA. AAA is made of retreads.

[/QUOTE]

I think there is a perception that this is true, but I don't believe it is.  For every Retread you have in Pawtucket, you have a career minor leaguer or prospect bust who will never play above AA/AAA in AA.  

Those retreads are much more talented than the guys who may never reach the majors in AA.  It's widely believed that teams don't promote a guy to AAA until they believe they are fully MLB ready.  Triple A is often a staging area for MLB ready players who sometimes get blocked.  Every once in a while when you see the need arise you see a guy go straight to the Majors from AA....but that's usually when there is a huge need. 

I like Bogaerts, I've been following him ever since him and his brother came to the orginization.  And while he does appear to be on that accelerated path it doesn't mean he's going to shot right up and be successful right now. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

The Xman, before he was the Xman played in Bangor in 2009 at Stephen King's Field, also known as  Mansfield Stadium, representing the country of Aruba in the Senior Little League World Series.

Bert Blyleven coached him in the WBC with the Netherlands. Bert said,"... he can play, he has power--he can play SS, 2B and 3B--he's a good kid and worked his rear off in the WBC."

X was named RS offensive player of the year last year. He has been compared to former Sea Dogs and former RS prospect Hanley Ramirez in ablity. 

The kids a player. He has performed well at every level. AAA is stocked with a full roster and they are near the top of the standings. If you bring Cecchini up to AA you need a place to play him. You have two pretty good players in X at SS and 22 year old 3B Michael Almanzar, who leads the team with 10 HR's and isn't even listed in the top 20 prospects. The Dogs are in a dogfight for 1st place in the Eastern League.

Xman see you in Beantown sooner rather than later.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The Xman, before he was the Xman played in Bangor in 2009 at Stephen King's Field, also known as  Mansfield Stadium, representing the country of Aruba in the Senior Little League World Series.

Bert Blyleven coached him in the WBC with the Netherlands. Bert said,"... he can play, he has power--he can play SS, 2B and 3B--he's a good kid and worked his rear off in the WBC."

X was named RS offensive player of the year last year. He has been compared to former Sea Dogs and former RS prospect Hanley Ramirez in ablity. 

The kids a player. He has performed well at every level. AAA is stocked with a full roster and they are near the top of the standings. If you bring Cecchini up to AA you need a place to play him. You have two pretty good players in X at SS and 22 year old 3B Michael Almanzar, who leads the team with 10 HR's and isn't even listed in the top 20 prospects. The Dogs are in a dogfight for 1st place in the Eastern League.

Xman see you in Beantown sooner rather than later.

I think Almanzar is trade bait.  We are in first and will presumably be in the playoff hunt; with 40 man crunch impending we have to trade some of these guys or risk losing them to the rule 5 draft.  

I think there is a natural path for Bogaerts and Cecchini to follow.  When Almanzar is gone, Cecchini comes in, and Bogaerts can easily slide into SS in Pawtucket as Iglesias will stay with the team. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

The Sox are in a great position....the farm is producing quite alot of potential talent for 2014-2015 and the only guys under contract for 2014 are Pedroia(10mm and who they will lock up long term soon), Victorino(13mm), Ortiz(11mm), Gomes (5mm), Ross (3.1mm) and pitchers, Lackey(15mm), Buchholz(7.7mm), Dempster (13.25mm). Lester(14mm, team option) Breslow(3.1mm).....and just Victorino and Buchholz for 2015......this gives them tremendous flexibility to give some of the young guys a shot.  Gomes 5mm can be moved and Ross and Breslow would be worth the money if they were kept.....Victorino and Dempster are the bad contracts.....not that they arent viable guys for a spot on the team, just that they are probably being overpaid. The 5 Free Agents we have in 2014 are Drew, Hanrahan, Ells, Napoli and Salty...all of which may be expendable...by Iggy, Bradley, Bailey, etc....I could see them trying to keep Napoli and Salty....though they may think Nava or a Middlebrooks could play 1st...Salty is a tough one....because Lava hasnt shown that he is ready and Vazquez may not be ready.....I think if they could get him to resign at a reasonable price they would do it....but all in all the Organization is shaping up very well for the future.....Thank you Again LA DODGERS

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

We need to come up with a good nick name for Xander Bogaerts

a few ideas:

The Xan man (Pronounced ZAN) 

Boggy 

The X-Man

The Ax-Man

The X Factor.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Right now I believe Xander is the second best prospect in baseball, only behind Jurickson Profar of the Rangers. If Profar gets another 60 MLB ab's he will graduate and Xander would be number 1 to me. Bundy has a bad elbow. Oscar Taveras is having a mediocre season and was probably over rated anyway. And Byron Buxton is too unproven.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to BMav's comment:

Right now I believe Xander is the second best prospect in baseball, only behind Jurickson Profar of the Rangers. If Profar gets another 60 MLB ab's he will graduate and Xander would be number 1 to me. Bundy has a bad elbow. Oscar Taveras is having a mediocre season and was probably over rated anyway. And Byron Buxton is too unproven.

Bryan Buxton is right there too, but the edge goes to Bogaerts because he is in AA doing it. 

Dylan Bundy is who I was thinking about, I have no idea why I typed Bryan Buxton (who is an excellent prospect.)  When Xander Bogaerts was promoted to Portland last year he was the 2nd youngest prospect in double A; he was 2nd only to Dylan Bundy who was promoted a day before him.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

a few ideas:

Boggy 

The X-Man

The Ax-Man

The X Factor.

I like the X Factor, I like the ZanMan too.  Bogaerts is going to be sooooo good he deserves two nick names. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

a few ideas:

Boggy 

The X-Man

The Ax-Man

The X Factor.

[/QUOTE]

Bogie works for me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Boggy will be in the top 5 prospects lists before the start of next season.  I see Cecchini in 50-60 range, Ranaudo regain his fame around 60-70, Webster to be in top 40 if he doesn't lose his eligibility, Owens up little bit, and Barnes coming down a little.  

Just for fun, here is my wild guess on next year's prospect rankings.

Xander Bogaerts #4

Jackie Bradley Jr. #28

Allen Webster #35

Matt Barnes #47

Garin Cecchini #53

Anthony Ranaudo #65

Henry Owens #85

Christian Vasquez #93

Michael Almanzar #98

LOL I have placed 9 Sox players in top 100.  GO SOX FARM!

Can JBJ qualify as a prospect if he gets 200+ AB's at the ML level?

If they move Ells or Vic frequently stays injured he is assuredly gonna reach that many AB's at least.

Lets not forget Michael Almanzar who is also looking pretty good and hes only 23.  The question is, where do these fit if Iggy finally makes it as our SS?

16. This post has been removed.